This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pokemon is going VOIP!

Comments

• I'm playing on the original red right now, 'cause my leaf green broke and won't save. ='( <---tear

I think I'll just trade them all onto my Sapphire version.

What should I evolve my Eevee into, Joltion, Vaporion, or Flarion?</p>
    You can trade from original Red into Sapphire? Is there a way to get from original Red/Silver all the way into D/P?
  • You can not trade GB/GBC to GBA.
  • Anyone else notice the huge lack of Fire type Pokemon in D/P? From what I can tell its only Chimchar and its evolved forms and Ponyta and Rapidash. So basically if you don't start with Chimchar, you can only get one.
  • Very true. Grass is only slightly less rare. Water is common though.
  • Hooray for getting a Manaphy off of the GTS. I'd really start putting stuff up there for the Japanese kids to trade you legendary pokemon.
  • Someone gave you a Japanesse Manaphy?
  • Got it for an English Shinx, and it looks legit.
  • edited April 2007
    Got it for an English Shinx, and it looks legit.
    It's legit on your end, but it was probably created with a cheat of some sort on their end.

Also, while I think it is great for us that Japanese people are doing this, I think it actually kind of ruins the game a bit. We no longer have to train Pokemon because some kids on the other side of the ocean are doing it for us. Nintendo has basically set up a Pokemon sweat shop.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Nintendo has basically set up a Pokemon sweat shop.
    Chinese Gold Farming anyone?
    It's legit on your end, but it was probably created with a cheat of some sort on their end.

Also, while I think it is great for us that Japanese people are doing this, I think it actually kind of ruins the game a bit. We no longer have to train Pokemon because some kids on the other side of the ocean are doing it for us. Nintendo has basically set up a Pokemon sweat shop.
    Well, that's only half true. Usually, the pokemon they send us would only be level 1, so we WOULD have to train. Still, eventually, the Japanese will get tired of the American Pokemon, thus nullifying this trend.
  • I'm trying to nab a Chimcar, or some other fire type, over GTS. Other then that I intend to mostly avoid it.
  • Funny thing Is that I "blogged" about Pokemon farming a few months back!

I speculated there may be a market for rare items, TMs and Pokemon.

I know they came out with hack-kits for the GBA games but have they come out with ones for the DS too?
  • Thanks for the GTS tip!

I now have the other two starter pokemon. I traded a Geodude and that squirrel guy fro a Turtwig and a Piplup.

I set one up overnight and when I got up the trade was made. The other one happened over breakfast this morning! Fast turn around! right now I'm offering a zubat for the skunk pokemon, don't know if there will be any takers, zubat is pretty common. Then again, the other two I traded were common too...
    Is it a Manaphy or the non-Manaphy offspring of a Manaphy? Manaphy is one of the new legendaries that can breed. the hatched form is a little bit weaker than the true form.
  • Hah! I just captured a Palkia with a timer ball!

That Pokemon is sick! He was tearing me apart until I managed to paralyze him.
  • I'm playing on the original red right now, 'cause my leaf green broke and won't save. ='( <---tear

I think I'll just trade them all onto my Sapphire version.

What should I evolve my Eevee into, Joltion, Vaporion, or Flarion?</p>
    You can trade from original Red into Sapphire? Is there a way to get from original Red/Silver all the way into D/P?
    Yes, as long as you have the original connection cord for the gameboy color... wow that's old. Sapphire lets you trade with all the older games, along with Gold and Silver. I'm not sure if it works with D/P, but I'd think it would. You can't trade the new pokemon to the old games though. Or else, how would you catch 'em all? ^.~
  • I'm considering going up to Gamestop and defrauding them. Again. Not to say that I ever noticed that DS rumble packs were $9.99 at Wal-Mart and like $39.99 at Gamestop(which sits in front of our Wal-Mart), and if you are polite, Gamestop will take an unopened item without a receipt as a return for store credit as long as it doesn't set off the alarm when you walk in the store(i.e. not stolen)... Not that i would do something like that. And not that Gamestop/EB doesn't have it coming for bilking the SHIT out of its customers and the unwary... ^_^

Might trade in the DS Phat and a rumble pack or two and get a Lite and either Diamond or Pearl today...
  • I'm considering going up to Gamestop and defrauding them. Again. Not to say that I ever noticed that DS rumble packs were $9.99 at Wal-Mart and like $39.99 at Gamestop(which sits in front of our Wal-Mart), and if you are polite, Gamestop will take an unopened item without a receipt as a return for store credit as long as it doesn't set off the alarm when you walk in the store(i.e. not stolen)... Not that i would do something like that. And not that Gamestop/EB doesn't have it coming for bilking the SHIT out of its customers and the unwary... ^_^

Might trade in the DS Phat and a rumble pack or two and get a Lite and either Diamond or Pearl today...
    Wait a second. You openly recognize the scamming nature of Gamestop, and then you say you are going to go and trade in your DS phat? If you really want to trade in your goods, your best bet is eBay or Craigslist. Think about it. If you trade in a game to GameStop and they give you $5. Then they sell it for $15. If you just sold the game on Craigslist yourself you could probably get more than $10. If you sell anything back to Gamestop, you are a fool.

Of course, you may have a good thing going with those rumble packs. DS rumbles cost $10, even at nintendo.com. If Gamestop is giving more than $10 to people who trade one in, then I've got quite a few rumble packs for them.
  • edited April 2007
    Yeah, and for such a small little shit town and area, we have a Gamestop here in town, a Gamestop about an hour from here, and an EB that is an hour from both places... I MIGHT have at one point a couple days after my birthday gone to Wal-Mart and bought 6 rumble packs(-$60.00/-$60.00 total), then went to the local EB, and returned three of them for EB/Gamestop gift cards and said they were extras I got for my birthday(+$120.00/+$60.00 total/$120.00 in gift cards), went to the Gamestop in Troy, and did the same thing (+$120.00/+$180.00 total/$240.00 in gift cards) and then came back in to town and had a grand old time picking up a couple of DS and PSP games. ^_^

Not to say that I would suggest defrauding a company.

However, I have NEVER traded a single game in at any point. So if i get ripped on trading my DS Phat in on a Lite, I've got it coming after making more than a little profit on their expense. Not that I ever did.

Same kind of deal with Wal-Mart when Phantom Menace came out on DVD. Our Wal-Mart was selling it for $14.95. The Wal-Mart in Ozark(20 minutes down the road) was selling it for $19.95. There was a Wal-Mart sticker on it, but no price on the stickers. and since the 10 copies I was returning at a time didn't set off the alarm system, they took them back at their price and gave me cash back... I made about 5 trips back and forth that night. Odd how our Wal-Mart ended up with only half a shipment of Ep1, and the Ozark store ended up with one and a half shipments... ^_^

[UPDATE!!!]

This morning i was playing some Freedom Wings on the DS via my neoflash 16g(2 gig) card. top screen would start flickering after about 20 minutes and the bottom would lose some sensitivity to touch. So i swapped in my Hotel dusk cart. Same thing after 20 minutes or so. Gamestop took it in as a trade. It was a release day DS, so I've more than got my money's worth out of it. It's Gamestop's problem now. What kind of trade value did i get? Well, I game them my DS Phat and a Gamestop branded charger, and they gave me a brand new DS Lite and only charged me $69.99 plus tax. Not too shabby. Hopefully if my 360 ever starts acting up, I will be able to trade it in to Gamestop for an Elite. ^_^ Also picked up Pokemon Diamond and a screen protector kit; the one that comes with the two fat clicky stylus pens. I know that screen protectors are way over-priced, but I have really big hands, so those stylus pens are AWESOME!!!

Oh! And Gamestop has dropped the price of the DS rumble pak down to $29.99... Any scheming would result in slightly less profit, but profit would still be 200% of original investment.
    Post edited by WallyBman on
  • I've reached the Elite 4 after 40 Hours of play, and got-damn...they're a lot of fun. The AI in this game has improved quite a bit, and the computer uses Full Restores A LOT. I'm still in the process of fighting them. Wish me luck.
  • When the local BestBuy store was selling Red Steel and SuperSwing Golf for $29.99 I was tempted to buy a few and "return" them to Wal-Mart for $49.99!
  • I've reached the Elite 4 after 40 Hours of play, and got-damn...they're a lot of fun. The AI in this game has improved quite a bit, and the computer uses Full Restores A LOT. I'm still in the process of fighting them. Wish me luck.
    I have not tackled Victory Road just yet. I caught the three lake legendaries first. The one that pulls a "Latios" on you is easy to track but I burned my Master ball on him because he is so darn fast!
  • I played all day today because I've got the flu and I'm at the 6th gym. Is it just me, or are the rival battles painfully easy?
  • The rival battles do sort of feel painfully easy, but I almost feel like they are supposed to.

btw I just finished the 7th gym, and the Team Galactic stuff except at the Mount... on my way to finish that.
  • Rival battles have been painfully easy but the other ones have not been.

I think they revamped the AI or something on this one because this game is giving me no quarter in trainer battles. In previous games status problems were never much of a thing to worry about. This time around when my guy gets confused he whacks himself more than 50% of the time!

I'm up to 131 Pokemon seen and I think most of the ones remaining should be seen in trainer battles.
  • 151 seen and the elite four beaten after 42hours.

The only reason I was able to beat the champion was because my Torterra used leach seed on the last pokemon, and I spamed potions on it until the last pokemon fainted.

Hooray, now my game has mah mudkipz in it!
  • Pokerus?

One of my guys got infected with pokerus! How rare is that?
  • Pokerus is RARE and doubles the amounts of EVs you get from battling pokemon.
  • Pokerus is RARE and doubles the amounts of EVs you get from battling pokemon.
    How does it spread and how do you cure it?

Right now 5 of my guys have it.
  • It goes away with time and it spreads by being in the pc with other pokemon.

It's good to have a pokemon or two with the virus at all times to speed up ev training.