This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pokemon is going VOIP!

Comments

• It goes away with time and it spreads by being in the pc with other pokemon.

It's good to have a pokemon or two with the virus at all times to speed up ev training.
    Hmm... I'll have to check my pc to see if I have an infected pokemon in there spreading the disease!

Right now I'm in the victory road section and a Tropius would just kick ass about now!
  • Wait, your Pokemon get sick and that helps them get stronger?
  • I guess Max Repels don't work in Victory Road! I'm getting whittled down due to the shear number of wild Pokemon I am encountering.
  • It's pretty lame, actually. They can get sick once, and only for 24 hours. During that time, they'll level faster. At least, that's what I've gathered from a cursory glance at a guide.
  • a guide.
    24 real world hours by the DS clock or 24 gameplay hours? If it's by the DS clock, can I change the clock to level up crazily? If I don't play for a few days, will Pokemon be infected and cured without me knowing?
  • a guide.
    24 real world hours by the DS clock or 24 gameplay hours? If it's by the DS clock, can I change the clock to level up crazily? If I don't play for a few days, will Pokemon be infected and cured without me knowing?
    I was just going to ask that question!

So, when is the pokemon show coming?
  • Pokerus?
    I've never heard of that before. It's new to D/P, right? So I can know that I'm not going completely out of my mind?
  • Pokerus has been around for a while. I do not know if it is more rare than shiny pokemon.
  • edited April 2007
    Pokerus has been around for a while. I do not know if it is more rare than shiny pokemon.
    Wikipedia Says: "Pokérus is mainly contracted from battles; there is a 2 in 65535 chance of contracting Pokérus in battle." It also says that it was introduced in G/S generation and existed in R/S generation, but was absent from FireRed/LeafGreen.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Pokerus has been around for a while. I do not know if it is more rare than shiny pokemon.
    Wikipedia Says: "Pokérus is mainly contracted from battles; there is a 2 in 65535 chance of contracting Pokérus in battle." It also says that it was introduced in G/S generation and existed in R/S generation, but was absent from FireRed/LeafGreen.
    I played G/S and never heard of such a thing.
  • Well, since I have the pokerus all of you can have it too!
    I played G/S and never heard of such a thing.
    I played Silver, Sapphire, and Emerald and never heard of such a thing, either.
  • Well, since I have the pokerus all of you can have it too!
    Get some weak Pokemon infected and trade them to us XD
  • Is there a place (as was in emerald) where you can earn an effort ribbon once your pokemon has maxed out his EVs?

I just want to know if my guys are maxed out or not.
  • edited April 2007
    This is getting ridiculous!

I'm trying to do these bike jumps on victory road but I keep running into wild Pokemon every 4 steps!!!

I'm through, yeah!!!
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
  • It looks like the PalPark feature has a 6 per day per cartridge limit. This means I can transfer 6 from ruby, 6 from Emerald and 6 from Leaf Green. I don't know if you can screw around with the calendar to get around this but 18 a day is enough for me.

Also, the Pokerus went away overnight and those Pokemons now have smiley face icons in their summary. Shiny types have a star icon. Don't worry, the guys in my PC still have the Pokerus!

I transferred over my "Eevee" squad this morning and my Mewtwo. My Vaporeon/Jolteon combo kicked ass in the double-battle event.

When you put them in the event it knocks them down to level 50 by (roughly) dividing your scores in half. I will have to experiment with some level 50 guys and level them up to see if it is accurate look at their level 50 stats. Some pokemon do not get the good stats until after the hit their last stage which comes after level 50. Attacks stay the same though.

Mewtwo was not allowed to battle. Does anyone have a list of banned Pokemon for the new battle areas?

• Mewtwo was not allowed to battle. Does anyone have a list of banned Pokemon for the new battle areas?
    Banned Pokemon? That's bullshit.
  • Cetain "Uber" Pokemon are banned from the Battle Tower events (vs. computer). As far as I know they are not banned in general player vs. player battles.

In Emerald both Mew and MewTwo were banned from use in the Battle Park. Not all legendary Pokemon are banned though. The legendary dogs and the Regi's are all legal for the Battle Tower.

It might be a case of certain Pokemon being so powerful that YOU would not want to face them in a Battle Tower event so they are banned on all sides.
  • Cetain "Uber" Pokemon are banned from the Battle Tower events (vs. computer). As far as I know they are not banned in general player vs. player battles.

In Emerald both Mew and MewTwo were banned from use in the Battle Park. Not all legendary Pokemon are banned though. The legendary dogs and the Regi's are all legal for the Battle Tower.

It might be a case of certain Pokemon being so powerful that YOU would not want to face them in a Battle Tower event so they are banned on all sides.
    As long as no Pokemon are banned from multiplayer it's all good.

Also, last night Rym and I did the starter Pokemon trick. Tonight I will trade him the last Chimchar, and then I'll start my game for real with Turtwig. That will give each of us a full set. Should make the game a lot easier. Also, I found out that even though you have to re-catch your Pokemon in the Pal Park, the Pal Park Balls are basically Master Balls, or at least that's what the FAQ said.

One more thing. What is the advantage of a Premium Ball? The FAQs seem to say they are just Poke Balls that look different. What's the point?
  • A Premier ball is a basic poke ball that looks different. Think of it as a "buy ten get one free" deal. If you are buying more than ten poke balls always buy them in lots of ten so you get the "free" ball each time.

If you needs Pokemons (starters or otherwise) you can use the GTS or ask us.

I can say one thing. This game took me 50+ hours to complete, I will NOT be restarting it just to get second copies of the legendaries! I can beat Ruby in under ten hours. I will restart Ruby for the extra legendary/master ball.

Yes, Pal Park balls are the same as Master Balls, they always work.

I'm going to be trading a Ditto over to my game today. Let the Pokemon breeding begin!

• I'm going to be trading a Ditto over to my game today. Let the Pokemon breeding begin!
    I'm considering actually using a Ditto to do battle. Has anyone tried it? How well does it work?
  • Ditto copies the opposing pokemon (moves and all) but each move only gets 5PP.

• Mewtwo was not allowed to battle. Does anyone have a list of banned Pokemon for the new battle areas?
    To be honest, the only Pokemon that shouldn't be used during multiplayer battles are the Legendaries. They are just broken, and they make battling boring.

To be honest, the only Pokemon that shouldn't be used during multiplayer battles are the Legendaries. They are just broken, and they make battling boring.
    Unless you are specifically battling legendaries vs. legendaries.

In general, I don't use my legendaries when I battle other people, I prefer to use the normal Pokemon instead.

With that said I have done some "anything goes" battling and it can be fun when both sides are prepared for it.

PS: Anyone need a Mew? I have some extras from the Mew event held last year. I'm willing to trade a level 10 Mew for the Dragon/Steel guy from Diamond.

• PS: Anyone need a Mew? I have some extras from the Mew event held last year. I'm willing to trade a level 10 Mew for the Dragon/Steel guy from Diamond.
    I'll probably want a Mew later. I used to have one in the original Red that I got "legitimately", but all of those Pokemon are long lost. I have Diamond, so I have access to the Dragon/Steel guy. However, if it's a Pokemon I can't get more than one of, I might be reluctant to give it up. Dragon and Steel is up my alley.
  • There some of them in the GTS but I would like to be sure someone isn't sending me a hacked one or something.

I got about 3 Mews from the Toys'R'Us event last year. I trained one to level 50 and the other two are still level 10. I think my daughter also got three though I'm not sure if she brought all of her games to the event or not.
  • edited May 2007
    Right now I'm going through the battle tower to get the EV training items to make future pokemon training a lot less time consuming.

I have several baby mudkipz to give away. Just send a pm and it's yours.
    Post edited by Railith on
  • Right now I'm going through the battle tower to get the EV training items to make future pokemon training a lot less time consuming.

Which EV items? I have plenty that I am bringing forward from the old games.

Can we get more evolution stones in diamond/Pearl?
  • Right now I'm going through the battle tower to get the EV training items to make future pokemon training a lot less time consuming.

Which EV items? I have plenty that I am bringing forward from the old games.

Can we get more evolution stones in diamond/Pearl?
    The Power Anklet and friends are rewards from the Battle Tower increase ev's gained by a stat by four. So like if I battle a Zubat for 1 speed ev, I'd get 5 with the item equipped. Anything that speeds up EV training that dramatically is totally worth it.

Stones are in the mines. You gotta log some time down there to get heart scales, fossils, and other fun stuff.
  • You mean the underground?

I have an interesting quandry. My Emerald game is setup with "training" secret bases that are designed to give max EV and minimum EP. The way I see it, unless a Pokemon is DS-only I'm going to still use Emerald for training and pass them forward via the palpark.