This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekChat

Comments

• Forget it, maybe the week after the New York Anime Festival.
  • As awesome as that idea is, I think this Geekchat would again consist of just me and you.
    I'll be there! Practically all of my friends will be gone that day due to them playing in the band at an away game.
  • Well I don't want a small Geekchat that'll break apart. I want a big one like the one in July with Emily and Kate, so I'll wait until a large amount of people are available and can then coalesce into a something big.
  • Back in mah day, we were lucky if an FRC member even posted in the thread about our little "GeekChat".

AND WE WERE BETTER FOR IT.
  • Back in mah day, we were lucky if an FRC member even posted in the thread about our little "GeekChat".

AND WE WERE BETTER FOR IT.
    :P + :)
  • Hey, the FRC's a busy group. ^_~ Wait'll you see what we have in store for PAX East and Connecticon 2010!
  • Well I don't want a small Geekchat that'll break apart. I want a big one like the one in July with Emily and Kate, so I'll wait until a large amount of people are available and can then coalesce into a something big.
    You can't always get what you want, Yupa...
    We've lost some of the numbers for Saturday, and perhaps Sunday would be better, but guess what? A GeekChat one week doesn't mean you can't have one in another week!
  • GeoGeo
    edited September 2009
    Well I don't want a small Geekchat that'll break apart. I want a big one like the one in July with Emily and Kate, so I'll wait until a large amount of people are available and can then coalesce into a something big.
    You can't always get what you want, Yupa...
    We've lost some of the numbers for Saturday, and perhaps Sunday would be better, but guess what? A GeekChat one week doesn't mean you can't have one in another week!
    Everything you said is true cheese, but don't you want it to be as big and as successful as the bar that I'm shooting for?
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Why don't you all create Google Calendars with your availabilities and share them with His (former) Lordship? Might be an easier way to coordinate.
  • Hey, Lordyupa, read up this forum thread a bit! It starts by you saying "Geekchat on Saturday!" and then, if I count correctly, ten replies from people saying "I can't make it!" How many people said they could make it? One or two.

This ratio of positive to negative is all you need to know that Saturday evening isn't the best time. I was only at home because I was a bit unwell, otherwise I'd have been out, and I only joined once I'd finished another project. And by that time it was 1.30 AM.

Next time try posting something like "I'd like to do a geekchat this week/weekend. When are most people free? If you want to take part, tell me which night is best for you and which night is worst for you." Then select the night where the most people/most interesting people can take part.
  • GeoGeo
    edited September 2009
    Hey, Lordyupa, read up this forum thread a bit! It starts by you saying "Geekchat on Saturday!" and then, if I count correctly, ten replies from people saying "I can't make it!" How many people said they could make it? One or two.

This ratio of positive to negative is all you need to know that Saturday evening isn't the best time. I was only at home because I was a bit unwell, otherwise I'd have been out, and I only joined once I'd finished another project. And by that time it was 1.30 AM.

Next time try posting something like "I'd like to do a geekchat this week/weekend. When are most people free? If you want to take part, tell me which night is best for you and which night is worst for you." Then select the night where the most people/most interesting people can take part.
    I seem to get that wrong all the time, and here I thought I was doing a better job than last time. Unlike last time though, I allowed people to tell me when they were available. But I'm indecisive about when the chat should be, could someone help me out or something? What date does everyone really want it to happen on?
    Post edited by Geo on
  • I tried to help you out. If you just ignore what I say, what else can I do? Yupa, just post the following:

I'd like to host a geekchat at some point over the next four days! Either on Thursday night, Friday night, Saturday night or Sunday night. The best time to start is at 9pm, New York time (as the clocks change this weekend), but geekchat typically runs for two or three hours so join when you can after that time. My skype username is xxxx, so ask to be my friend, I'll accept, then message me and I'll add you to the chat.

As for the day, I'd like to host it on the day that is best for the most people. Please add yourself to the bottom of this list, and rate from 1 to 5 how likely you'd be able to join the chat/how much you'd prefer one day over the next:

Name: Thursday: Friday: Saturday: Sunday:
    Luke 4 5 0 3
  • GeoGeo
    edited September 2009
    I'd like to host a geekchat at some point over the next four days! Either on Thursday night, Friday night, Saturday night or Sunday night. The best time to start is at 9pm, New York time (as the clocks change this weekend), but geekchat typically runs for two or three hours so join when you can after that time. My skype username is Matthew Geoffino (Yupa), so ask to be my friend, I'll accept, then message me and I'll add you to the chat.

As for the day, I'd like to host it on the day that is best for the most people. Please add yourself to the bottom of this list, and rate from 1 to 5 how likely you'd be able to join the chat/how much you'd prefer one day over the next:

Matt: 0 4 5 5
    Post edited by Geo on
  • edited September 2009
    Please add yourself to the bottom of this list, and rate from 1 to 5 how likely you'd be able to join the chat/how much you'd prefer one day over the next:

Luke: 4 5 0 3
    Post edited by Luke Burrage on
  • Template
    Actually, that's a really good idea, Ten points, man.
  • I have no microphone...Would it be possible for me to join the chatroom and type stuff? Or would that bother everyone? If so...
    Axel: 0 3 5 2
  • Name: Thursday: Friday: Saturday: Sunday:
    Sail: 5 5 0 3
  • I have no microphone...Would it be possible for me to join the chatroom and type stuff? Or would that bother everyone? If so...
    Axel has no microphone, but he must scream.

Grey: 1 3 5 3
  • I work weekends. Ugghhh.

Vhdblood: 5 0 0 0
  • Tabular data without table?
    NameThuFriSatSun
    Matt0455
    Luke4503
    Axel0352
    Sail5503
    Grey1353
    Vhdblood5000
    Nine3333
    Also, Luke, Matt, I thought you said 1 to 5! :p
    Funfetus: 5 5 3 2
    Omnutia: 5 5 3 3
  • GeoGeo
    edited September 2009
    Looks like it's pretty close between Friday and Sunday so far. But I'll wait for a few more people to sign up.

EDIT: If any of you can't make it, don't not fill in the table. Just put all zeroes if you must, I want some confirmation people!
    Post edited by Geo on
    Diddgery: 2 0 0 4
  • Do you guys hate Nineless or something? Why cut him out the ratings?

Nine: 3 3 3 3

This is Nine we're talking about here. Look at the ratings he gave, no way is he being serious.
  • This is Nine we're talking about here. Look at the ratings he gave, no way is he being serious.
    Don't be a dick. He lives in Europe, meaning unless he's away from home he can make it any night due to the time. And then it is just a question of staying up until 2am. How enthusiastic would you be for that? Maybe a 3.
  • Look at the ratings he gave, no way is he being serious.
    What's not serious about putting down valid ratings?
    Günter: 3 4 4 5
    Funfetus possibly just missed my post, and even then it's easier to just copy paste a non-crazy table. The only reason for copy pasting the table is just so that one does not have to go through all the posts to grab the numbers, so I don't see the problem really, but thanks.