This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What anime are you watching? v2.0

Comments

• Finished Kids on the Slope. Show is so far up my alley it's overshot into the next zipcode, I mean goddamn.
  • I did the PS3 subscription and have no regrets. $5 a month gets me over $100 worth of free games.
    But you can only play them while your account is active right?
    Correct.
  • Marathoned Diebuster last night because Enokido wrote it. I never saw Gunbuster, so maybe it's a good sequel, but it's a piece of shit on its own. Things just kinda happen and you don't know how or why. There aren't any actual characters, just archetypes, so you can't get invested in any of them, especially when they try to retroactively establish a relationship between the two leads. On top of that, the tactics don't really make any sense. Why would you leave the largest robot in known existance so that you can fight a massive space monster with your bear legs (bear robot legs, but still). Overall, a very negative experience that I don't regret.
  • I'm sorry but describing a movie where you do exactly that sounds awesome. Especially the Bear Robot Legs part (as opposed to bare).
  • Finished Kids on the Slope. Show is so far up my alley it's overshot into the next zipcode, I mean goddamn.
    I know right? Where has this show being my whole life? Suffice to say that I will be keeping my eye on the mangaka that made that manga.
  • edited February 2013
    Been watching the final season of Bakuman. I really would love to watch or read a Crow and PCP series. Giri would be cool to I think kind of like a Intial D but with motorcycles. :)
    Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • Inferno Cop and trailers are the majority of my anime watching recently - I was amused by the direct reference to 1980s Cartoon version of April O'Neil in one of the more recent episodes of Inferno Cop.

I am planning on watching all of the previous Ghost in the Shell releases leading up to the first Ghost in the Shell Arise OVA coming out later this year.

The press conference where they announced this was interesting to watch they livestreamed it on youtube and had English translation happening live with a few transhumanist writers talking about the influence the series has had over the last 30 years.
  • So I finished up Black Lagoon. My opinion on the show didn't change much in the second season, though I did enjoy it much more than the first season overall. The show would be a lot better if it didn't focus so much on the villains/secondary characters and if the main cast had something more to add to conflict resolutions than Revy shooting everything.
  • edited February 2013
    So I finished up Black Lagoon. My opinion on the show didn't change much in the second season, though I did enjoy it much more than the first season overall. The show would be a lot better if it didn't focus so much on the villains/secondary characters and if the main cast had something more to add to conflict resolutions than Revy shooting everything.
    Pssst, the secret of the show is that everyone is a villain.

Also, watch the OVA series and see Rock orchestrating something big.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • I am watching Nodame Catabile and I can't complain. It is pretty awesome :D
  • The music festival when the S orchestra plays Rhapsody in Blue is one of the best moments in the series. :)
  • The is mainly for Rym but others will get a kick with a Tenchi Muyo in Love Review
  • The feels!
    The memories!

• edited February 2013
    Wait, this is Watanabe directing and Yoko Kanno composing a show about a high school band.

WHY THE HELL DIDN'T I HEAR ABOUT THIS SOONER
    But that's just a mere instrument for the actual plot. It's also a shitty high school band.

And seeing Greg getting the same ridiculous comments from VichusSmith as I did not a page earlier is hilarious.
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • Damn, those first ten minutes of Kotoura-chan are crushing. That's not something you see in an anime with that kind of opening. I'm worried the show will wind up being directed towards schoolgirl fetishism though.
  • edited February 2013
    You mean like an entirely new ending dedicated to her flat chest after a beach episode?
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • I'm current with Psycho-Pass now after marathoning the series with some friends yesterday. It's pretty enjoyable.
  • Just finished Jormungand. I supposes it is testament to how much that I enjoyed the show that I want more, yet I know more would have spoiled it. It would have been cooler to see some more stuff about the deals or the development of Jormungand but hey. In fact no they needed more episodes. I want to know where Lehm comes from and what happened with him and Chiquita. Hell I could go for a couple of episodes just following Scarecrow or Schokolade as they try to catch them. It did irritate me in leaving some of the romance plot open to interpretation but hey. It filled a gap left by Black Lagoon so I can't complain. The only problem is what to go on to after that.
  • Well, the manga is still ongoing, so you might be satisfied.

Speaking of Black Lagoon, wasn't that new chapter meant to be out round about now? The fuck even happened to that?
  • They could definitely do more side stories.

• I'm current with Psycho-Pass now after marathoning the series with some friends yesterday. It's pretty enjoyable.
    I got to episode... 6 or so? So slow moving, also more moe than I was told there would be. Director's a fucking liar.
  • edited February 2013
    Anybody else watching Bakumatsu Gijinden Roman? Character designs are by Monkey Punch. Lupin III creator. Setting is an alternate late feudal Japan with it's own spin of a Robin Hood hero. Comedy is a throw back to older anime series at least to me it is. It could have easily fit in lineup of older series like Slayers for example. It's also so far MOE free.

Post edited by Josh Bytes on
  • I watched the first episode. I wouldn't have a problem going back to it, but there's not enough motivating me to go back to it. Just being moe free isn't enough.
  • Anybody else watching Bakumatsu Gijinden Roman?
    Anachronism the show.
  • I'm about to reread/rewatch ALL GitS so I can Arise in style.
  • I'm about to reread/rewatch ALL GitS so I can Arise in style.
    Make it a bookclub/simulwatch cross-over and post when you're watching/reading?
  • I watched the first episode. I wouldn't have a problem going back to it, but there's not enough motivating me to go back to it. Just being moe free isn't enough.
    Being Moe free is not the only redeeming quality of the series. I would recommend watching at least two more episodes before you dismiss the series.
  • I got the general sense of what the show has to offer. It's not a bad show. It's like-hearted and silly, but it's 2013. I have access to a ton of current and past anime, and not everything can make the cut. There's like 40 episodes of Space Bros to catch up on!

Anyhoo, I watched Robotics;Notes 17 today. Spoilers: zero genkis were given that day.
  • GitS original movie - check.
  • Currently watching Saint Seiya Omega, not as good as "Lost Cavas" but it gets the job done.
    Great show for just putting on while doing other things. The latest episode wasn't too bad though.

I mostly have been watching some Cyborg009 and re-watching some Gundam UC.