This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What anime are you watching? v2.0

Comments

• I can't be bothered finding the AMV thread, but this is anime related and pretty good, so this thread will do.

• Crunchyroll now has an app for Panasonic TVs. Woot for me! Now I don't need to fire up the PS3 to watch my anime.
  • That's right world - I am watching the Evangelion series for the first time. Just hit episode 7. How come nobody ever held me down and made me do this?
  • You're in for a treat. And a mindfuck, but you should have been expecting that.
  • edited March 2013
    Yeah, I also got a pretty good laugh out of that.

EDIT: it does explain that big "2" in the middle of the title in the season 2 opening, though.
    Watching OPs? TRAWLAWLAWLAWLAWL. First notes of the OP are good, then I skip, so I had totally forgotten about that as well.
    That's right world - I am watching the Evangelion series for the first time. Just hit episode 7. How come nobody ever held me down and made me do this?
    Shitty/no anime friends that could hold you down and force you?
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • I haven't seen it yet, but I have a ticket to see Mamoru Hosoda's new film: The Wolf Children at the New York International Children's Film Festival WITH HOSODA IN ATTENDANCE FOR A Q&A AFTERWARDS!!!

I am so excited!

• I haven't seen it yet, but I have a ticket to see Mamoru Hosoda's new film: The Wolf Children at the New York International Children's Film Festival WITH HOSODA IN ATTENDANCE FOR A Q&A AFTERWARDS!!!

I am so excited!
    Cool. I'll suffer silently by just watching at home.
  • That Sakamoto manga is kinda awesome.
  • Watching Escaflowne with the two kids in my school anime club. They wanted the club to be a real-life Genshiken, so I was sad to crush their dreams, but at least they're learning what really good anime is...and isn't.
  • Side-story: My high school anime club was called Japanese Modern Visual Culture Club as a nod to Genshiken. We wanted it to be The Society for the Study of Japanese Modern Visual Culture but the school said it was too long.
  • Ours was straight up called Genshiken.
  • Woke up and decided to watch all of Madoka Magica instead of getting out of bed. I liked it, but I feel like I would have liked it a lot more if I had seen it before the whole internet starting saying it was the greatest thing in the world.
  • Woke up and decided to watch all of Madoka Magica instead of getting out of bed. I liked it, but I feel like I would have liked it a lot more if I had seen it before the whole internet starting saying it was the greatest thing in the world.
    You let yourself get infected by meta. Fail.
  • You let yourself get infected by meta. Fail.
    It's true! It's all true! ;_;
  • edited March 2013
    Fuck all y'all slow ass pussies. I was there in the trenches myself, waiting week after week, experiencing the true experience. Stop whining and arguing and get on my level you punks.

And in case you didn't know, Saint Young Men episode 1 has been subbed.
  • I did that 10 years ago. Never again.
  • I watched the first ep of Amnesia. Anyone else watch this?

I'm going to watch just one more episode, but I'm pretty sure it's terribly written. I know it's an excuse for girls to look at pretty boys in crazy costumes, but I can't even imagine a young girl sticking around for the whole thing.
    I tried doing it with Penguindrum and found that I couldn't keep interest in the show when rationing it out like that.
  • edited March 2013
    I watched the first ep of Amnesia. Anyone else watch this?

I'm going to watch just one more episode, but I'm pretty sure it's terribly written. I know it's an excuse for girls to look at pretty boys in crazy costumes, but I can't even imagine a young girl sticking around for the whole thing.
    I went through the first seven minutes and I hit pause. "Dear god, I can't watch this." It's still on my Crunchyroll queue because I keep wondering if I ought to give it another chance.
    Oreshura is rapidly beginning to bore me, although the art is so pretty (so obviously that makes it worth it T_T) And I've been holding on to the most recent episodes of Little Busters to brighten my day when it goes downhill. I'm sorry, but I love all the anime from Key. Especially Clannad After Story.
    Post edited by Aiyakiu on
    I tried doing it with Penguindrum and found that I couldn't keep interest in the show when rationing it out like that.
    You and me both. But Madoka grabbed your interest in the mandatory 3 episode trial. Penguindrum did not, so that's for marathon at a later date. Space Bros is the same, later date. Because the start is boring as fuck.
    I watched the first ep of Amnesia. Anyone else watch this?
    I started skipping forward after one or two minutes in. Then GTFO'd.
  • I am watching AK0048. It is surprisingly good.
    Also music!
  • edited March 2013
    Fuck the music. The hilarious crazy shit is what makes that show enjoyable, the drama is also great. The music and dancing is terrible.

• I went through the first seven minutes and I hit pause. "Dear god, I can't watch this." It's still on my Crunchyroll queue because I keep wondering if I ought to give it another chance.
    All that's making me go to ep 2 is that I want to see if anything can come of this weirdness. They're trying to go through this plot where the characters are forced to act like they can't tell something's wrong with this girl. That would work if any hard thought was put into how an amnesiac would survive in life, but the dialogue isn't even good. I shouldn't expect any other writing to be strong.

• edited March 2013

KyoAni got me into pointless little slice-of-life's, and like their little bitch I keep coming back to watch.

This one has an obese, eloquent bird.

(Also how the hell do you embed video on this goddamn forum?)
    Post edited by loltsundere on
  • I'm mostly through season 1 of gdgd Fairies. It's amusing and a nice palette-cleanser between shows. The show has only 3 characters, all overly-cute fairies (one is overly-goth and random along with the cuteness). Each episode usually has 3 segments: 1) Fairies talk about something random and trivial; 2) Fairies go into magic room and play games; 3) Fairies go to the "dubbing pond" and make up dialog for odd videos.

Episode 9 has a cute Super Mario twist. Episode 10 goes surprisingly dark in the "trivial conversation" segment.

• KyoAni got me into pointless little slice-of-life's, and like their little bitch I keep coming back to watch.

This one has an obese, eloquent bird.

(Also how the hell do you embed video on this goddamn forum?)
    I got two episodes in. I might watch another episode or two, but fuck that bird. As for 'embedding', you gotta remove the "feature=player_detailpage&" part, it only works when you have the barebones of the URL for the video. Because apparently the plugin is absolutely horrible and can't handle grabbing the part it needs.
  • Is that K-On? I can't tell.
  • edited March 2013
    Is that K-On? I can't tell.
    Might as well be. Same artstyle, same blobbiness, same character types, same level of cute girls being insufferably nice to each other, made by the same studio, and staffed by the main staff of K-On. The only difference is no Ritsu, though the blonde girl might be close once she gets introduced in episode 4 or so. So yeah, actual title in the video title.
  • Nah, wrong moeblobs. It's Tamako Market.
  • But they have the exact same hair... is it alternative universe K-On? Is there literally no connection with K-On outside of meta?