This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What anime are you watching? v2.0

Comments

• Finally started watching Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. Also occasionally watching Utena and Bakuman weekly.
  • Valkyria Chronicles anime. I love the games so much that I have to give it a try, but I need to watch more before I know what I think of it.
  • Because of Viga, I just watched the first 13 episodes of AKB0048. It was surprisingly good. I wasn't a fan of the 3D CG in it, though. It was too disconnected from the 2D animation stylistically.
  • Because of Viga, I just watched the first 13 episodes of AKB0048.
    I don't need Viga for that. Just promises of dual-wielding lightsabers... in an idol animu. With the idols being total bitches. I laughed myself to tears repeatedly watching episode one. I'm catching a 2 decade breather atm before I start episode 2.
  • Chihayafuru is sooooo cute :_;
    This is true. Also they get mad props for making something that seems like the most boring sport in the world actually seem like fun.
  • edited February 2013
    It reminds me of Hikaru no Go in that regard.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Toradora is ok I guess but I'm afraid to just give up on it because a bunch of my friends love this show and three episodes in I'm just sorta eh :/
  • edited February 2013
    Eh, If it's anything like the manga, it's a little slow at the start, gets better, has a few slow-ish bits later, but on the whole it's alright.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • One of my acquaintances tried to get me to watch "Problem Children are Coming from Another World, aren't they?". I for some reason watched five episodes. That show is otaku-bait shit of a caliber I haven't seen in a while. It's not so bad it's good, though, just bad.
  • It was expiring on Hulu, so I finally finished it: Mardock Scramble: The First Compression

Who the hell wrote this? Who designed the costumes? What did I watch??
    Little kid Chihaya's infinitely cuter and cooler than high schooler Chihaya.
    Toradora is ok I guess but I'm afraid to just give up on it because a bunch of my friends love this show and three episodes in I'm just sorta eh :/
    It's meh. Ami's a bro, also a bitch, but a bro too. KugiRie is yet another short tsundere loli with long hair. It has some shitty melodrama, and a few decent episodes. Been a while since I watched it though.
    It was expiring on Hulu, so I finally finished it: Mardock Scramble: The First Compression

Who the hell wrote this? Who designed the costumes? What did I watch??
    Someone tried to make a SHAFTxShinbo-like original movie. The second movie is even more trippy in colour scheme. Oeufcoque is great though.
  • Hyouka hasn't bothered me too much to stop watching it, loving the color palette in it too. Warms colors instead of the overly bright tones of modern anime.
  • Only half done with Vividred Operation ep 1. Hope you like elementary schoolgirl ass and camel toe! :(
  • Been kicking old school and watching me some Urusei Yatsura. Ataru's lecherous ways seem very tame now.
  • I am on my sixth run of Puella Magi Madoka Magica. I might have a problem.
  • Is it just that you enjoy it, or are you trying to get more out of it.

I used to get a weird feeling when people say stuff like "I watched this same thing I've seen a million times," I felt like they could spend that time watching something new, but then I gave up on that. Whatever makes you happy.
  • I used to get a weird feeling when people say stuff like "I watched this same thing I've seen a million times," I felt like they could spend that time watching something new, but then I gave up on that. Whatever makes you happy.
    Yeah, I had this same reaction until I started listening to the same albums handful of albums over and over again. It's not that there isn't more that I like, just that nothing takes it place. I figure that people who do the same with shows have something similar.

That being said, I don't think that six Madoka's is excessively much depending on how long a span of time it was over and how much free time one has. I watched Madoka twice the weekend I watched it for the first time. It was over summer, and the second time was with jtvh. I watched it twice more in the first two months of school, but haven't seen it since. It's a pretty short show, so if you're trying to get someone to watch it, watching it with them isn't much of a sacrifice.
  • Working on a proposed panel yesterday, I was skimming through episode 11 looking for the right clip to represent Madoka's mom. Even just skimming through that episode makes me cry. (FYI, I think I'm going with the scene in the bar.)
  • Its funny that I've never had nearly the same reaction to people listening to the same music over and over. I guess because you can be involved in different activities while you listen to music, while when you're watching an anime, it can't be in the background as you work out or something.
  • Only half done with Vividred Operation ep 1. Hope you like elementary schoolgirl ass and camel toe! :(
    DOCKINGU!
  • I just shotgunned the last 2/3 of Kemonozume in order to make myself finish it, which I then found out I didn't need to do because at the 6th episode it suddenly got really good and I definitely wouldn't have had a problem coming back to it and finishing it. Also, Urban Dictionary tells be that "shotgunned" does not mean what I want it to mean.
  • Just finished watching "Time of Eve". A very good anime, but it's only a six episode OVA and the ending kinda leaves you hanging. I want more, but there isn't any. It's kinda pulling a "Dragon-Half" or a "Firefly" on me, in that respect.
  • Girls und Panzer. I went in expecting to mock it. It's really just kind of a high C anime which is entertainingly shameless about how nerdy it is about tanks. As I am very nerdy about tanks, I'm going to see how far awesome tank shit can carry me through stupid moe bullshit.
  • So I actually managed to go up to yesterday not realizing that the current Chihayafuru is the second season. Now I feel dumb, but also happy that I now have another season of show to watch before I have to go into the roulette of choosing an anime to try out again.
  • Just finished watching "Time of Eve". A very good anime, but it's only a six episode OVA and the ending kinda leaves you hanging. I want more, but there isn't any. It's kinda pulling a "Dragon-Half" or a "Firefly" on me, in that respect.
    Have you watched the movie afterwards? It's mostly the same, but in a different format. I don't remember which is the better experience because it's been a few years.
    Girls und Panzer. I went in expecting to mock it. It's really just kind of a high C anime which is entertainingly shameless about how nerdy it is about tanks. As I am very nerdy about tanks, I'm going to see how far awesome tank shit can carry me through stupid moe bullshit.
    There's very little moe stuff, there's even less panty shots. Most of the moe nonsense is condensed to the 10 minute OVA which is the girls going to the beach (after shopping for swim suits). Great ending on that though. The tank battles and the ridiculous shit is great though.
    So I actually managed to go up to yesterday not realizing that the current Chihayafuru is the second season. Now I feel dumb, but also happy that I now have another season of show to watch before I have to go into the roulette of choosing an anime to try out again.
    You've been watching season 2 without having seen season 1? How the fuck did episode 1 make any fucking sense to you? Or Chihaya's relation with Arata? How the hell did you get 8 episodes into the season without noticing some shit was wrong?
  • I finally decided that I was tired of looking at the preview image for Chaos;Head in my queue and actually resumed watching it. In it was this "witty" bit of parody.

By the time I got to the end of the episode, though, I was reminded why I stalled watching this show. I'm just glad that I have progressed with it, and there aren't many episodes to go.
  • So I actually managed to go up to yesterday not realizing that the current Chihayafuru is the second season. Now I feel dumb, but also happy that I now have another season of show to watch before I have to go into the roulette of choosing an anime to try out again.
    You've been watching season 2 without having seen season 1? How the fuck did episode 1 make any fucking sense to you? Or Chihaya's relation with Arata? How the hell did you get 8 episodes into the season without noticing some shit was wrong?
    I guess I'm accustomed to things picking up in the middle of the story? I'd picked up the "they're childhood friends" from the synopsis, and so I just kind of went along with it. They make it obvious enough in the subtext anyways.
  • I guess I'm accustomed to things picking up in the middle of the story? I'd picked up the "they're childhood friends" from the synopsis, and so I just kind of went along with it. They make it obvious enough in the subtext anyways.
    Well at least the 4th wall breakage in episode 7 brought you to your senses.
  • edited March 2013
    I guess I'm accustomed to things picking up in the middle of the story? I'd picked up the "they're childhood friends" from the synopsis, and so I just kind of went along with it. They make it obvious enough in the subtext anyways.
    Well at least the 4th wall breakage in episode 7 brought you to your senses.
    Yeah, I also got a pretty good laugh out of that.

EDIT: it does explain that big "2" in the middle of the title in the season 2 opening, though.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on