This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What anime are you watching? v2.0

Comments

• G Gundam is awesome because of its manliness.
    QFT

• THAT is why G Gundam is so terrific.
  • edited November 2010
    Of the two shows I'm watching this year, I think noitaminA's Princess Jellyfish is the best, whereas Manglobe's The World God Only Knows is a little to reliant on dating sim tropes for me to feel 100% about it. I relate to every character in PJ but TWGOK's protagonist is kind of poorly written. Still, I am really hurting for a new Science Fiction/Action/Space Opera show, I'm starting to get sick of slice of life.
    Post edited by progSHELL on
  • The first season of Gundam 00 was awesome. It's pretty much Code Geass with the good stuff amplified by several orders of magnitude, and the irritating shit you hate cut out.
  • I wasn't expecting there to be a story arc in Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt.
  • Spent all Sunday catching up with Bleach, almost have my fill so I can take another year off from watching it.
  • edited November 2010
    I wasn't expecting there to be a story arc in Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt.
    My friends tell me I should watch this. I don't know if I should believe them. Should I start watching this?
    Post edited by Wolfin on
  • Emily and I are watching Trigun again, her for the first time, me for my second.

One thing we both noticed is that this show practically screams "I WAS MADE IN THE 1990s!"
  • One thing we both noticed is that this show practically screams "I WAS MADE IN THE 1990s!"
    How exactly does it do this?
  • How exactly does it do this?
    The style, especially the background characters, is very 90s for one.
  • Trigun is a very 90's feely show. For example Vash fashion sense for flannel and penchant for grunge music is quite apparent throughout. ;)
  • edited November 2010
    Usually I am all like:

But Princess Jellyfish makes me go all:
    Post edited by progSHELL on
  • Just finished watching Nodame Cantabile, it's a really good blend of music, slice of life and comedy.
  • edited November 2010
    Just finished watching Nodame Cantabile, it's a really good blend of music, slice of life and comedy.
    You forgot romance. But yes, the series is great. Did you watch all three seasons or just the first?
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Just finished watching Nodame Cantabile, it's a really good blend of music, slice of life and comedy.
    You forgot romance. But yes, the series is great. Did you watch all three seasons or just the first?
    All three seasons and half of the live action drama. (still watching the second half)
  • Macross F - Everyone in this show is hot. Also, watching on BD, so the quality is superb
  • There's a pretty cool Road Runner refrence in this week's Princess Jellyfish. Scroll up to see how I felt about it.
  • I came home and was surprised that my parents have been on a sparkle Shojo anime kick lately. They watched Fruits Baskets, and now they are watching Ouran Host Club!
    In my dad's words "I didn't think this was going to be a show that I would like, but it's kind of hilarious!"
  • That was exactly my reaction. I heard from all these people that it was funny, so I gave it a shot, and I thought it was hysterical.
  • I just finished rewatching Escaflowne. I've been kinda down on it in recent memory. Fuck that, Escaflowne rocks.
  • I just finished rewatching Escaflowne. I've been kinda down on it in recent memory. Fuck that, Escaflowne rocks.
    The fact that you were down on it and didn't remember how awesome it is makes me not like you anymore.
  • The fact that you were down on it and didn't remember how awesome it is makes me not like you anymore.
    In my defense, I've never actually seen it start to finish with Japanese audio before this weekend.
    The fact that you were down on it and didn't remember how awesome it is makes me not like you anymore.
    Yeah...How do you forget how great it is? I mean, that many cliffhangers, great scenes backed by better music, and just high production values...That's something that sticks with a person.
  • The fact that you were down on it and didn't remember how awesome it is makes me not like you anymore.
    In my defense, I've never actually seen it start to finish with Japanese audio before this weekend.
    Maybe...

I want to watch the series again as I knit, but that would mean having to possibly watch/listen to it dubbed. I don't think I can do that. Eh, fuck it. I'll listen to the Japanese audio version. It's not like I don't already know what's going on seeing as I've seen the show 3+ times already.
  • edited November 2010
    Shin Getter Robo Armageddon has more Manly Spirit than anything before or since. It's blood is so hot it turns gases to plasma.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Trigun. Nicolas D. Wolfwood is the MAN.
  • So I started watching Escaflowne for the 3/4+ time now. The episode where Van & Allen meet for the first time and Van draw his sword, Allen says, "My duty as a knight is to answer steel with steel. I don’t draw to play games." That is a pimp line right there.
  • So I started watching Escaflowne for the 3/4+ time now. The episode where Van & Allen meet for the first time and Van draw his sword, Allen says, "My duty as a knight is to answer steel with steel. I don’t draw to play games." That is a pimp line right there.
    The Allen Schezar quote that keeps going around Twitter is "Sometimes it takes more courage to believe in someone, than to fight and dismiss them so easily."
    The Allen Schezar quote that keeps going around Twitter is "Sometimes it takes more courage to believe in someone, than to fight and dismiss them so easily."
    That's a good quote too. I think they were both said in the same episode, or back to back episodes.
  • edited December 2010
    Really? I always liked, "there's nothing brave about rashly choosing to die."
    Post edited by George Patches on