This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What anime are you watching? v2.0

Comments

• Really? I always liked, "there's nothing brave about rashly choosing to die."
    There is also, “Mastering the sword means mastering yourself.”
    I can't help but think that is thinly veiled sex wisdom.
  • "My duty as a knight is to answer steel with steel. I don’t draw to play games."
    You like man-on-man action, don't you?
  • "My duty as a knight is to answer steel with steel. I don’t draw to play games."
    You like man-on-man action, don't you?
    Mmm-hmm.

For the longest time I didn't know I was a closet fujoshi until recently. But yes, hot man-on-man action is pretty nice.
  • Princess Jellyfish is sofa king funny!
  • I am 100% sure that there is at least one man who, because of that screenshot, calls his wang "The Master Sword."
  • Shin Getter Robo Armageddon has more Manly Spirit than anything before or since. It's blood is so hot it turns gases to plasma.
    Black Getter Robo is so fucking cool.
  • Is there any continuity from one Getter Robo to another?
  • Might give Escaflowne another shot after I watch Gundam Seed. It didn't really grab me the first time round.
  • Is there any continuity from one Getter Robo to another?
    Manliness does not need continuity!
    Just ask Golgo 13 ;P
  • Started watching Gundam Seed: Fansubbers, why you no like Arial?
  • Started watching Gundam Seed: Fansubbers, why you no like Arial?
    I've helped with some translation before. The editors changed my (somewhat edited) translations and gave them a (somewhat) new meaning. The timer merged sentences and spread out others. And the typesetters used obnoxious fonts and colours. The final versions also had cheesy ass karaoke.
    Some also translate from other languages other rather than the Japanese being spoken.

I've since subbed professionally for the BD release of Sky Crawlers. None of those problems.
  • I've since subbed professionally for the BD release of Sky Crawlers
    !!
  • I've since subbed professionally for the BD release of Sky Crawlers
    !!
  • edited December 2010
    Yes. But it's the Scandinavian release, not the American one I assume you guys have seen.... =P
    Post edited by Aria on
  • Yes. But it's the Scandinavian release, not the American one I assume you guys have seen.... =P
    Don't care, still really cool.
  • Thanks =3
  • So you speak Japanese? I didn't know that.
  • Shin Getter Robo Armageddon has more Manly Spirit than anything before or since. It's blood is so hot it turns gases to plasma.
    Any other suggestions for shows that solve problems with Manly Spirit® (besides TTGL, Getter Robos)?
  • edited December 2010
    Shin Getter Robo Armageddon has more Manly Spirit than anything before or since. It's blood is so hot it turns gases to plasma.
    Any other suggestions for shows that solve problems with Manly Spirit® (besides TTGL, Getter Robos)?
    Mazinkaizer OAVs and Shin Mazinger Z Shougeki Hen <3

The later is a re-imagining of Mazinger Z by the great Yasuhiro Imagawa!
    Go Nagai + Imagawa = WIN!

Oh, also Gao Gai Gar!
    Post edited by Erwin on
  • The Shin Getter Robo vs. Neo Getter Robo OAV isn't nearly as good as Armageddon or new Getter Robo, but the pilot for the American robot sounds like he might actually be American (or a Japanese guy with unusually good English).
  • Panty and Stocking is for my money the best anime this season. It's really good, funny and does a lot of experimentation which works out really well so far. At first I was a bit skeptical due to the "Monster of the Week" kinda vibe that originated from it at first, but they've been throwing in a lot of curveballs and it really doesn't get boring. They haven't actually killed any Ghosts in the last 2 episodes though which I find rather weird.
  • edited December 2010
    Panty and Stocking is for my money the best anime this season. It's really good, funny and does a lot of experimentation which works out really well so far. At first I was a bit skeptical due to the "Monster of the Week" kinda vibe that originated from it at first, but they've been throwing in a lot of curveballs and it really doesn't get boring. They haven't actually killed any Ghosts in the last 2 episodes though which I find rather weird.
    See that, Axel!? I WIN.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • The Shin Getter Robo vs. Neo Getter Robo OAV isn't nearly as good as Armageddon or new Getter Robo, but the pilot for the American robot sounds like he might actually be American (or a Japanese guy with unusually good English).
    Lesser Getter Robo any is still better than 90% of most anime of nowadays.
    Also, MUSASHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!
  • See that, Axel!? I WIN.
    ???
    FUCK YOU.
    FUCK YOU.
  • edited December 2010
    See that, Axel!? I WIN.
    FUCK YOU.
    [image]
    ...Yes.
    Post edited by Axel on
  • edited December 2010
    Though I didn't say it in front of the guys I was watching it with, Yu Yu Hakusho is just as meh as I remember.

Also, I want to get my Cyborg 009 on. Which one should I watch?
    Post edited by WindUpBird on