This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What anime are you watching? v2.0

Comments

• Sailor Neptune. She's the only one who matters.
    She's pretty, but loses a few points because she's not into dudes.

Edit: Only because I happen to be a dude.
    I've never seen the show, but I don't see this as a negative.
  • edited February 2011
    Finished Chaos;Head recently and I really enjoyed it. Been seeking another similar show to dive into.
    Post edited by zombie a gogo on
  • My 8 year old little brother has just finished watching Full Metal Alchemist, and he loved it. However, he now wants another anime that is just as awesome.

What anime should I show him that is awesome, but an 8 year old would still understand?
    Well, Hokuto no ken is a good pick, specially because the dubs are censored. The first Dragonball is also a good lengthy pick.
  • Young people don't enjoy Hokuto no Ken because they are stupid. What about all those generic action shows? Black Lagoon, ect. Has he seen Cowboy Bepop?
  • Finished Durarara! It was wonderful, and shocking, and heartwarming, and generally chaotic and awesome. But seriously: Fuck Izaya.
  • What anime should I show him that is awesome, but an 8 year old would still understand?
    Golgo 13
  • What anime should I show him that is awesome, but an 8 year old would still understand?
    Golgo 13
    Fixed that for you.
  • edited February 2011
    Aggggh. Just watched all of High School of the dead... The premise and animation was great and while the characters are pretty one sided they are at least fun (except for the nurse)... However this show suffers from all the problems that modern anime has. It's supposed to be horror but instead is incredibly full of boob shots. The Animation is great, the fight scenes are fun but then they spend literally 5 out of 22 minutes an eps on panty and breast shots. The show survived though by having lots of moments where it pans away to world building moments like showing what is taking place on Air Force one or some other group of people that you don't know are important yet. I really can't recommend to the show though, as some of it's fan-service borders on creepy.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • Rewatching Gurren Lagann whilst I play Tales of Vesperia. Great show. Eh game.
  • edited February 2011
    What anime should I show him that is awesome, but an 8 year old would still understand?
    I saw Urotsukidōji or Legend of the Overfiend at 10. It blew my mind. My mom let my 8 year old brother and I pick a movie from our local family run video store. It didnt have the oringal box. It was just in a clear vhs sleeve right there along with all of the other animated videos. Get it for him, it will put hair on his chest.
    Post edited by KapitänTim on
  • edited February 2011
    Aggggh. Just watched all of High School of the dead
    I love that anime for all the wrong (although I'd argue right) reasons.
    the fight scenes are fun but then they spend literally 5 out of 22 minutes an eps on panty and breast shots..
    You mark this as a bad thing? What're you, gay?
    Post edited by Kaptain K on
  • So was Durarara as predictable to me as it was for everyone else? I have been correctly guessing all of the big reveals a while before it actually happens.
  • I couldn't make it past the third episode of Durarara because I was bored. Did I miss out or was I likely to have continued to be bored?
  • I'm not a fan of anime that goes to a ridiculous level of fan service. Animated women just don't do it for me especially when they are drawn to excessive dimensions and provide no other reason to be in the show other then to show boobs... I'm not 12 anymore and I can see naked breasts without much effort without getting it from some juvenile sight gag.
  • I like having my peanut butter and chocolate together.
  • Someone cue that .gif where the boobs bounce as a bullet goes right between them.
  • I couldn't make it past the third episode of Durarara because I was bored. Did I miss out or was I likely to have continued to be bored?
    It takes a few episodes to set up all of the characters, but as soon as it does, it really kicks into high gear.
  • So was Durarara as predictable to me as it was for everyone else? I have been correctly guessing all of the big reveals a while before it actually happens.
    Scratch that. The whole Saika thing actually threw me for a loop.
  • Finally saw Now and Then, Here and There. Also finished the first of the Legend of the Galactic Heroes side stories. I was pretty pleased with both. I love gritty war stories.

It's pretty depressing how awful the Winter and Spring seasons look. Moe boob shows, ahoy. >_> However, a few interesting things stand out - Tezuka's Buddha, Masque of the Red Death, and Hyouge Mono (period piece about tea? Yesss.) Hopefully these will not disappoint.
  • Tezuka's Buddha
    Want. Want. Want. Want. Want. Want. Want. Want. Want. Want. Want. Want. Want. Want. Want. Want. Want. Want. Want. Want. Want. Want. Want. Want. Want. Want. Want. Want. Want. Want. Want. Want. Want. Want. Want. Want. Want. Want. Want. Want. Want. Want. Want. Want. Want. Want. Want. Want. Want. Want. Want. Want. Want. Want. Want. Want. Want.
  • Clicketh.

May 28th, you shall get.
  • Tezuka's Buddha
    Want Now. Want Now. Want Now. Want Now. Want Now. Want Now. Want Now. Want Now. Want Now. Want Now. Want Now. Want Now. Want Now. Want Now. Want Now. Want Now. Want Now. Want Now. Want Now. Want Now. Want Now. Want Now. Want Now. Want Now. Want Now. Want Now. Want Now. Want Now. Want Now. Want Now. Want Now. Want Now. Want Now. Want Now. Want Now. Want Now. Want Now. Want Now. Want Now. Want Now. Want Now. Want Now. Want Now. Want Now. Want Now. Want Now. Want Now. Want Now. Want Now. Want Now. Want Now. Want Now. Want Now. Want Now. Want Now. Want Now. Want Now. Want Now. Want Now.
    Fixed it for myself.
  • Spring looks much more promising than the winter season. It's cool that Deadman Wonderland's getting an anime, I like the manga. Do want more Black Lagoon and Gundam UC. Onigamiden looks cool based on that picture.

Also, Buddha.
  • The only things I'm looking forward to are more Black Lagoon OVA episodes and the upcoming Toriko anime.
  • Watched Time of Eve last night and I enjoyed it.
  • Clicketh.

May 28th, you shall get.
    Anime salvation can't come soon enough.
  • I never finished watching Escaflowne so I'm thinking about picking it up again.
  • Been catching up on some Bakuman. I'm really liking Nizuma. I kind of believed he was going come off as this aloof stuck up ass. He is crazy but he is the goofy and fun kind of crazy.
  • I saw Urotsukidōji or Legend of the Overfiend at 10. It blew my mind. My mom let my 8 year old brother and I pick a movie from our local family run video store. It didnt have the oringal box. It was just in a clear vhs sleeve right there along with all of the other animated videos. I was way too young to see this.

Did anyone else have a similar experence?