This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What anime are you watching? v2.0

Comments

• Giving Eva another chance. Maybe it'll be better now that I'm older.

Gotta admit, that opener still gives me some mad chills.
  • I just finished watching Lupin III The Castle of Cagliostro. What a great evening watch that was.
  • I just finished watching Lupin III The Castle of Cagliostro. What a great evening watch that was.
    Excellent choice. I approve.
  • Watching Initial D's First Stage, up to episode 20. Sweet drifting, depressing relationships.
  • Watching Initial D's First Stage, up to episode 20. Sweet drifting, depressing relationships.
    Have you seen it before?
  • edited April 2011
    Nope. Tried to get though the manga, but watching cars drift in realtime is a lot more captivating then watching it panel by panel.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Netflix just keeps adding anime. I aprove. Hetalia: Axis Powers was just added and I am watching for the first time. It is silly and makes me lol. I like how dumb America is. "CHINA I CHOOSE YOU!"
  • Netflix just keeps adding anime. I aprove.
    I'd approve more if they'd give me a japanese audio track with subs, sorry i'm an elitist is someways. It's more anime that I've seen before that i'd prefer that way. I can't watch Kenichi dubbed, its just painful.
  • True... Maybe that will be their Third Pillar? Oh and know what is weird. Hetalia season 2 wont play on my Xbox because it says Cannot aquire licesne content. But it plays just fine on my netbook.
  • And now it works on the xbox.... Weird...
  • And now it works on the xbox.... Weird...
    Technology, shit break sometimes.
  • Just watched Eden of the East over the last week. I doubt I'll watch it again, but it was enjoyable.

I have simply got to get around to finishing up Durarara and Princess Tutu. I've been enjoying both.
  • I finished watching both seasons of Hetalia yesterday. It makes me long for more.
  • I have being watching History's Greatest Diciple Kenichi on Netflix, it is good stuff.
    It is about a boy who learns who to fight, but he might get killed while training.

Also, some boobs. If you are into that.
  • I finished watching both seasons of Hetalia yesterday. It makes me long for more.
    Season 3 and 4 are on Hulu if you can deal with the commercials EVERY 5 minutes... Definitely a flawed model for a 5 minute show....
  • Halfway through Initial D: Second Stage. This show has me itching for summer to do some impromptu racing.
  • I have being watching History's Greatest Diciple Kenichi on Netflix, it is good stuff.
    It is about a boy who learns who to fight, but he might get killed while training.
    Also, some boobs. If you are into that.
    I love kenichi! Sooo good ... Except for those English voice actors /sob
  • Start watching Slayers Revolution. I really enjoy how it hasn't changed from the opening and closing songs to the voice actors. I'm pleased with its continuation. I'm also amused with them showing fish people in the first goddamn episode. I wonder what Lina and the gang will get into this season, but it will still hold nothing to Slayers NEXT.
  • edited April 2011
    Nichijou, both hilarious and awesome. Think a more surreal Azumanga Daioh (and yes, AD does have surreal elements of its own). The animation can also be fantastic at times, particularly in the action sequences.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Nana is on Netflix Streaming. It's also sub and not dub.
  • Nana is on Netflix Streaming. It's also sub and not dub.
    WIN. How does the anime compare to the manga?
  • edited April 2011
    Nana is on Netflix Streaming. It's also sub and not dub.
    WIN. How does the anime compare to the manga?
    I'm not sure. I'll let you know when I watch it.

My friend really likes the anime and says the music is all kinds of awesome.

Edit: Just got this text from friend, "Pretty close. A while ago I picked up the first 2 vol and it was practically storyboards. Sadly the manga goes further than the anime. Very much worth watching, imo."
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I have slowly plodded through my Netflix queue to where I am now watching 009-1. I definitely wasn't expecting it to be as dark as it is. When I'm finished I'll need to go back and listen to what Dave and Joel said about it, since I'm pretty sure that was what made me queue it in the first place.
  • Nana is something I really need to watch. Too many shows overall.

My girlfriend got me into Kimi ni Todoke, which is incredibly cutesy and fluffy, but I do feel somewhat embarrassed by watching it because it so cute. I think the dialogue is too simple and I've grown weary of Mamiko Noto, but I love the fact that their isn't irritable drama and it really rewards a guy for being a friendly, nice person instead of shit on him.
  • Eden of the East was great. Thankyou Scott and Rym for suggesting it.
  • I am watching "Hikaru No Go" it on Netflix instant streaming. It is a good thing ;P
  • Nichijou, both hilarious and awesome. Think a more surreal Azumanga Daioh (and yes, AD does have surreal elements of its own). The animation can also be fantastic at times, particularly in the action sequences.
    I wanna describe it as cromartie with girls but cromartie actually showed us cromartie with girls.
  • I just started watching Phoenix yesterday, and once I finish that I'm going to move into Gankutsuou.
  • edited April 2011
    Hajime No Ippo is my favorite Shonen Fight Thing.

I can watch this gif all day.

Bonus info: all of Dudley's moves are based on this anime.
    Post edited by DevilUknow on
  • Just rewatched Totoro. Just such an amazing movie. Anybody who hasn't seen it yet, go out and watch it now!