This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What anime are you watching? v2.0

Comments

• I am on the last episode of season one of Birdy The Mighty. Gonna start season two right after.
    Season two has some HIGH QUALITY animation at times. Or at least, out-of-place feeling scenes because of a drastic style change.
  • Hajime no Ippo - The New Challenger!
  • Hajime no Ippo - The New Challenger!
    I so wish there was more of that show.

About half way through Fantastic Children. I have high hopes it ends good since it's produced by Nakamura. Great music and the animation while a little flat really gives it a good feel so far.
  • Mahou Tsukai Tai. Rym & Scott were pretty spot on on that one, it was pretty good. (Though Scott totally overreacted to the fanservice.) Any recommendations for a similar show, beyond what was mentioned in the podcast?

I'm also trying to get through Gatekeepers, but it keeps veering away from "so bad it's good" territory and into the shadowy realms of "just so bad." I'll probably only finish it because their little AEGIS salute is surprisingly catchy... if it's possible for something that's not actually music to be "catchy."
  • Slayers! Slayers NEXT is where it's at.
  • Finished my rewatch of Fullmetal Panic! and Fullmetal Panic! Fumoffu! So good! I forgot how good they were.
  • In the past month or so? Lots...Lemme think of the ones that are worth mentioning...

Darker than Black (really awesome, not done yet) - A really cool show that I thought would be bad because it's popular (despite liking it's theme song for a long time), but it's got this cool noir thing going on.

Eyeshield 21 - Really funny and amusing, not necessarily good, in a sense, but just sorta hysterical.

Level E - This show is hilarious, especially the Super Sentai parody episodes. Chromatic Squadron Color Rangers!

Toriko - This show is stupid, but in a semi-amusing way. Definitely more entertaining than the usual bad shonen.

And a bunch of others that my roommate watched as I watched on, a lot of which aren't super worth mentioning, unfortunately (his taste is semi-questionable).
  • About Gurren Lagan:
    Do they intentionally not show you what happened when Kamina dies until later or did I miss an episode?
  • What are you talking about exactly? They just bury him.
  • Well, they keep showing flashbacks and mentioning it happening, but I haven't seen the actual fight when it happens. I think I may have inadvertently skipped an episode.
  • Well, they keep showing flashbacks and mentioning it happening, but I haven't seen the actual fight when it happens. I think I may have inadvertently skipped an episode.
    I'm pretty sure you have skipped something.
    I think you did.
  • What episode is it? Like, 7 or 8 or something, right?
  • edited May 2011
    Yeah, episode 8.
    Post edited by Axel on
  • Right on. 7 and 8 should cover the moment pretty much. How the hell did you manage to skip episodes?
  • He is right.. At the end of 7. Kaminia is still alive and says that "Tomorrow we will take it" Refering to Dia thing.. Then in 8 he is already dead.
  • He is right.. At the end of 7. Kaminia is still alive and says that "Tomorrow we will take it" Refering to Dia thing.. Then in 8 he is already dead.
    What do you mean? I have episdoe 8 running on mah screen right now, and there he is still alive.
  • Then your episodes are numbered wrong. Episode 8 opens with them saying Kamina has died.
  • I just watched it brah. Kamina is dead. Simon cries and lagann falls off a cliff.
  • Well considering that wikipedia agrees with me and there has been nothing missing in my watching experience it is you who has the numbers wrong in the episodes and what's worse one of the most important episodes of the series missing.
  • You are wrong. Or the torrent you downloaded is wrong.
    Episode 7 they decide they will go fight. Episode 8 they do fight. Episode 9, Simon's crying. That's episode 9. Not 8. Wikipedia (and Apsup) is correct.
  • Im watching it on Netflix.....
  • So the netflix.. I guess it doesn't have that episode. It is listed as episode 8 on the list of episodes to choose from, but while watching it the title screen comes up and says its episode 9... I guess they didnt want to show kids Kamina dieing...
  • So the netflix.. I guess it doesn't have that episode. It is listed as episode 8 on the list of episodes to choose from, but while watching it the title screen comes up and says its episode 9... I guess they didnt want to show kids Kamina dieing...
    I'm sure it's an honest mistake. You should probably shoot an email to someone from Bandai.
  • Episode 7 shows up as 7. Episode 8 is episode 9.
  • It goes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 9, 10. It has episode 9 twice!!!
  • FAIL.
  • I just finished up Trigun for the first time. Aaaaaawesome!! I've got Cowboy Bebop in my Netflix queue now. I've noticed Netflix has Naruto streaming and they are like 50 episodes each season! What is that show like? If I liked Trigun, would I like that one? How about Heroic Age?
  • While I wouldn't be able to tell you if you would like Naruto, I would not recommend watching it. The original premise is pretty good, as are the first couple of episodes, but it falls into the trap almost every Shonen action series falls into. That being the fights take up a disproportional amount of time in the series, and the plot sort of falls apart fairly quickly.