This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What anime are you watching? v2.0

Comments

• I'm taking a 10 hour plane ride to Hawaii tomorrow, and I'm looking for some manga to load on my new Kindle. I'm thinking something Slayers-like, a nice light fantasy with a good set of characters, but I'm open to anything.
  • edited July 2012
    Ask Churba. He knows. He knoooows.

Also, wrong thread mate.
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • Ask Churba. He knows. He knoooows.

Also, wrong thread mate.
    That's a bit like asking Cthulhu for Psychotherapy.
  • Geez. Watching Madoka again.
    Thinking about doing this as well. It would be my fourth viewing.
  • I really wanted to like that show, but something about it just made me hate it.

I think it was the actual character of Madoka, I just wanted to punch her in her goddamn face throughout the entire show.
  • Ask Churba. He knows. He knoooows.

Also, wrong thread mate.
    That's a bit like asking Cthulhu for Psychotherapy.
    If you come out of it intact, you're guaranteed not to be bothered by anything else the world can throw at you for the rest of your life!
  • I'm looking for some primarily episodic, light-hearted, slice of life anime.

What I've watched of Slice of Life:
    Pita-ten: Funny and cute
    Azumanga Diaoh: Not a fan.
    Lucky Star: Funny, but only really stands out because of how Konata and Kagami work off each other.
    Kamen no Maid Guy: Loved it.
    Here is Greenwood: Great, but looking for something lighter.
    Genshiken: Also a great slice of life, but still looking for something lighter.
    Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu: Awesome.

Recommendations?
  • Azumanga Diaoh: Not a fan.

Recommendations?
    None. You can't be helped. Try Nichijou, Nichibros, Cromartie and Tentai Senshi Sunred.
  • I really wanted to like that show, but something about it just made me hate it.

I think it was the actual character of Madoka, I just wanted to punch her in her goddamn face throughout the entire show.
    Did you finish it? It all sort of comes together at the end.

At least it wouldn't be easy to miss such a wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide target.
  • edited July 2012
    Did you finish it? It all sort of comes together at the end.

I forced myself to finish it, but the ending was not enough to make up for how annoying she was throughout the entire show.
    At least it wouldn't be easy to miss such a wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide target.
    <3
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • edited July 2012
    <3
    Post edited by Not nine on
  • edited July 2012
    Azumanga Diaoh: Not a fan.

Recommendations?
    None. You can't be helped.
    Maid Guy is awesome! He can speak USB!
    Try Nichijou, Nichibros, Cromartie and Tentai Senshi Sunred.
    Nichijou I liked. I'll check out the rest.

Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Maid Guy is awesome! He can speak USB!
    Yeah, a big burly aggressive dude forcing himself into the life of an underage girl is totally hilarious.
    Yeah, a big burly aggressive dude forcing himself into the life of an underage girl is totally hilarious.
    He was hired by her grand dad to be her servant and keep her safe from assassinations.

He was hired by her grand dad to be her servant and keep her safe from assassinations.
    And proceeds to sexually harass her. I'm not entirely uninformed Sonic. Nothing can redeem something starting as atrociously as Maid Guy. Not even speaking in USB.
    And proceeds to sexually harass her. I'm not entirely uninformed Sonic. Nothing can redeem something starting as atrociously as Maid Guy. Not even speaking in USB.
    Incorrect. I'd consider not being UPOTTE to be a redeeming feature of everything except for UPOTTE.

• Upotte was frightening in a whole different way. Masturbating gun elf :HG(F&@()R#*&;(
  • No, no no, nine. Nothing so simple. It was an UNDERAGED Masturbating gun elf.
  • No, no no, nine. Nothing so simple. It was an UNDERAGED Masturbating gun elf.
    There's brainpulp all over my keyboard after me trying to get that shit out of my head.
  • From a Facebook Post by Anime Otaku: a fun forum game.

The main character of the last anime you watched is not your Zombie Apocalypse partner. How fucked are you?

I last watched Akira, so Kaneda is my partner with an orbital laser canon. Woot!
  • Watched the last two episodes of Fate last night, so I get a professional assassin that's entire life revolves around the idea of sacrificing the few for the many. I think I'll do alright.
  • Yakitatte Japan! I get a naive adolescent who can bake bread that can send you to heaven, rewrite history, and possibly change the very nature of space-time it's self.

I'm not sure if that would be awesome or terrifying.
  • I just watched the first two episodes of Excel Saga...
  • I think you'll be fine.

I just watched the most recent episode of Moyashimon Returns, so i get stuck with a doofus who can see microbes, and not much else.
  • Lat anime I watched was the dub of Panty & Stocking, episode 1. Do I get both of them? They're a group act.
  • Paradise Kiss... fuck.
  • Fortunately, I'm pretty sure the last anime I saw was an episode of Cowboy Bebop or GitS:SAC.

Either way, I'm fucking golden.
  • The main character of the last anime you watched is not your Zombie Apocalypse partner. How fucked are you?
    A cynical, technologically illiterate airhead who fell into a bong at a young young age making her see fairies. I am so fucked if it weren't for me being just so fucking awesome. So instead I'll go for the latest anime I talked about in the Breakfast Club. Zombies, prepare to have A GIGANTIC ALIEN SPACESHIP DROP ON YOU, OH YEAH.
    Lat anime I watched was the dub of Panty & Stocking, episode 1. Do I get both of them? They're a group act.
    Enjoy giving up your knickers for a second gun.
  • I think the last anime I watched was Oh! My Goddess. I'd have a GODDESS on my side. Safe to say I'm safe as fuck.