This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What anime are you watching? v2.0

Comments

• Hehe. I know I can torrent it but now that I unhooked my TiVo I have no convenient way to get it on my TV. I mean, DVD-R but ugh. ;-) I'm too old and crotchety to deal with an HTPC. I'll find a sufficiently effort-free solution someday...
  • Just finished Excel Saga. Holy crap, that last episode...
    Are you prepared for Puni Puni Poemy? (no, you are not)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puni_Puni_Poemy
    Oh I'll have to look for that.

ETA: *sigh*, Netflix (once again) hasn't got it. They have other supplementals/add-ons for other series, but not this one.

Oh well, their anime selection HAS gotten much better in the past year or two.
    Of course Netflix wouldn't have a pedophilic show like that.
    They had all of Excel Saga so it seems a fine distinction. :-)
  • Just finished Excel Saga. Holy crap, that last episode...
    Are you prepared for Puni Puni Poemy? (no, you are not)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puni_Puni_Poemy
    Oh I'll have to look for that.

ETA: *sigh*, Netflix (once again) hasn't got it. They have other supplementals/add-ons for other series, but not this one.

Oh well, their anime selection HAS gotten much better in the past year or two.
    Of course Netflix wouldn't have a pedophilic show like that.
    Girls Bravo is on streaming.
  • I just did some googling on Puni Puni Poemy and wow, evidently there is quite a distinction. Wowza.

Girls Bravo is pretty tame overall with only a couple of eyebrow raisers throughout.

Unless you're a feminist, I guess.
  • I just did some googling on Puni Puni Poemy and wow, evidently there is quite a distinction. Wowza.
    I told you. I have not watched Puni Puni, and probably won't.
  • If you want some zany, check out old Urusei Yatsura or Dragon Half. Or hit up the original Tenchi Muyo.
  • Watch Seto no Hanayome/My Bride is a Mermaid. Despite the retarded premise, it's one of the funniest anime I've ever seen.
  • I've been watching Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I'm currently on the beginning of season 3. I like it a lot better than the original, even though I've seen probably half of the original. I like how the story doesn't drag on compared to the original and gets to the point. I also forgot how this anime doesn't pull punches on how messed up things can be.
  • Maybe I've seen poor episodes or something, but I can't get into FMA at all. It gets a LOT of praise, but it's a little too Pokemon/Yugi-Oh for me.

I really want to see Panda Cafe but not pay for it or torrent it. ;-)
  • Maybe I've seen poor episodes or something, but I can't get into FMA at all. It gets a LOT of praise, but it's a little too Pokemon/Yugi-Oh for me.
    I have no idea what would be Pokemon/Yugi-Oh about FMA? At all?
  • I guess its down to my taste and internal categorization and not necessarily inherent to the anime itself. I dislike the art style, the plotting, the characters... it seems aimed at a much younger audience than me (which, obviously, it is).
  • Two brothers who try to bring their mother back from the dead through magical transmutation, removing an arm and a leg from one and completely obliterating all but (possibly) the soul of the other is for a younger audience, but panties are off limits.
  • Two brothers who try to bring their mother back from the dead through magical transmutation, removing an arm and a leg from one and completely obliterating all but (possibly) the soul of the other is for a younger audience, but panties are off limits.
    Like I said, maybe I missed some representative episodes. The FMA I saw on Cartoon Network certainly didn't seem that dark.

• Should I watch the live action Fist of the North Star?
    That's all you.

That's all you.

• Um, why do you have to pay for or torrent Polar Bear Cafe (I think that's what you mean)? It's on Crunchyroll. In fact, a decent percent of every season's anime's on there.
  • You mean watch television on my computer? Ugh.
  • If you bought your TV sometime in the last 5 years, it probably has an HDMI port.
  • It does have an HDMI port, but it doesn't have an audio return channel AFAIK. It's a big pain in the ass. I have no desire to plug my laptop into my wall mounted television.
  • edited August 2012
    I was trying to think of a way to ask if someone could recommend an anime but not make it sounds incredibly open ended... Not sure that's possible. I haven't really watched anime for a while but I am more interested in ones that are preferably have no characters that are intended to be cutely weird and annoying, and stories and worlds are at least somewhat rooted in real life (like cowboy bebop, no traveling to magic worlds, no vampires or cat lady bullshit). This post may be in vain but whatevs. I guess I'm thinking something a little more mature and not like pure fantasy.
    Post edited by MATATAT on
  • Have you watched Baccano! and Durarara yet? Those will likely be worth your time.
  • Hokuto no ken, no cat girls there, it's so serious and lifelike, it's almost a documentary.
  • Well, I downloaded Puni Puni. Wish I hadn't. Whoa.

I mean, I get that it's a gag, but it's just not my thing. Sheez.
  • We warned you. ;^)
  • We warned you. ;^)
    I love how we always warn people about things, and then they always do whatever we told them not to. It's like a special power to trick people into hurting themselves.
  • I'm a big boy. I'm not traumatized. :-)
  • Have you watched Baccano! and Durarara yet? Those will likely be worth your time.
    Hokuto no ken, no cat girls there, it's so serious and lifelike, it's almost a documentary.
    I'll check these out.
  • Hokuto no Ken is a documentary on the basis of modern medicine, actually.
  • I just realized what Hokuto no Ken was...

After watching the trailer for Durarara that might be interesting. Baccano looks pretty cool I'll definitely give that a shot.