This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What anime are you watching? v2.0

Comments

• Golgo 13.
    Zombies are the least of my concerns.
  • Golgo 13.
    Zombies are the least of my concerns.
    Yup, better worry about getting absolutely no booty ever again, no matter how many women you find.
  • Finished up Mouretsu Space Pirates series. I enjoyed it overall, the fact the series comprised of smaller story arcs instead of one big major plot worked in its favor. Series did a good job of being fan service free for the most part. There was a episode where the sailing club cosplay. But it was more goofy that sexualized. Not a bad series.
  • Yay! Cowboy Bebop! I get Spike!
  • I watched some Madoka Magika while making breakfast, but before that we'd been watching Cowbow Bebop. So yes, either Spike or Homura. I think I'll come out fine. ;^)
  • I was surprised by the number of Eds at CT-con. It's good to know that Bebop still gets 'spect. :P That guy in the amazing Canti outfit hardly seemed to be recognized.

Come to think of it, I watched some Bebop the same night as I watched Excel, so I have my pick of Excel or Spike I guess. As long as I don't end up with Hyatt. :)
  • GeoGeo
    edited July 2012
    A question to any of you Gundam fans out there.

I want to tackle Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam. Should I go for the original series or should I go for the "A New Translation" compilation movies?
    Post edited by Geo on
  • edited July 2012
    Both are good, but the original series is kind of long. It depends on how much time you want to spend on the show.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • GeoGeo
    edited July 2012
    Both are good, but the original series is kind of long. It depends on how much time you want to spend on the show.
    I liked the original trilogy movies because it compressed and refined MGS 0079. I think I'll go with the movies out of fear of tackling Double Zeta (kudos to Scott Spaziani for warning me in advance).

Post edited by Geo on
  • Muahahaha, I get Captain Harlock as my partner.
  • I just finally watched Akira. Goddamn, that movie is pretty.
  • I just finally watched Akira. Goddamn, that movie is pretty.
    Was your mind blown?

• The Akira Baby is still the best cosplay I have ever seen.
  • I want someone to do a Funky Boy cosplay. I don't know how, and I don't have the skills the figure out how, but it should happen.
  • I actively want to do a Sweet JP cosplay.
  • A question to any of you Gundam fans out there.

I want to tackle Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam. Should I go for the original series or should I go for the "A New Translation" compilation movies?
    The problem with the Zeta movies is that they reanimated some bits and pieces from the show, and used the original footage for other parts. The result is really choppy looking, and not pleasing at all. Stick with the original series, IMHO.

• A question to any of you Gundam fans out there.

The problem with the Zeta movies is that they reanimated some bits and pieces from the show, and used the original footage for other parts. The result is really choppy looking, and not pleasing at all. Stick with the original series, IMHO.

Will do. Thank ya kindly for the advice.

On that note, I just bought the original Gundam Movie Trilogy box set based on recommendations from several people I know. Won't be buying Zeta since it is subbed on Crunchyroll.

• Finished Fruits Basket. The ending didn't really feel like an ending, so yeah I gotta read some manga now. My local library has a strange selection of non-consecutive books, which both confuses and annoys me.

Started watching Angel Beats. So far it's amusing enough and has a not-horrible dub. I pretty much always need something dubbed (or native English) to watch while I'm on the treadmill (can't stand to run and read subtitles at the same time).

I'm also picking Penguindrum back up, which I love love love and can't imagine why I abandoned for so long.
  • If shipping wasn't so damn expensive I would totally lend you my entire collection of Furuba.

The manga is way better than the anime, but that can be said for a lot of manga to anime.
  • Has anyone seen this? Is it any good?
  • Has anyone seen this? Is it any good?
    Yes and yes.
  • Soul Eater, at my sister's recommendation. It's pretty out there and does all sorts of cool art stuff I like, and I really dig the character designs.

Also finished rewatching Dirty Pair.
  • Sadly, I have not, but I absolutely wish I could buy it.
  • edited August 2012
    Has anyone seen this? Is it any good?
    Yes and yes.
    It's a good movie and very aptly named.
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • Souten Koro is perhaps the most entertaining anime re-imagining of Romance of the Three Kingdoms that I have ever seen.
  • Just finished Excel Saga. Holy crap, that last episode...
    Are you prepared for Puni Puni Poemy? (no, you are not)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puni_Puni_Poemy
  • edited August 2012
    Just finished Excel Saga. Holy crap, that last episode...

Oh I'll have to look for that.

ETA: *sigh*, Netflix (once again) hasn't got it. They have other supplementals/add-ons for other series, but not this one.

Oh well, their anime selection HAS gotten much better in the past year or two.
    Post edited by muppet on

Oh I'll have to look for that.

ETA: *sigh*, Netflix (once again) hasn't got it. They have other supplementals/add-ons for other series, but not this one.

Oh well, their anime selection HAS gotten much better in the past year or two.
    Of course Netflix wouldn't have a pedophilic show like that.