This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Battlefield

Comments

• I fucking love this game.
  • edited October 2011
    I fucking love this game.
    Australian Bro-grab - image

Post edited by Churba on
  • Even though I constantly got mauled last night, I had an absolute blast playing. Such a fucking good game, even though I got a bit bored of the Seine map.
  • Even though I constantly got mauled last night, I had an absolute blast playing. Such a fucking good game, even though I got a bit bored of the Seine map.
    I got bored of metro in the beta...but now I kinda want to play rush on metro again, yet I cannot, because I can't find a decent rush server down here. Apparently, EA/dice are starting more Australian servers, but I'll believe it when I see it - frankly, the relatively blazing fast downloads on Origin are the only indication so far that they're not doing what everyone else but valve does, and treating us like a giant piggy-bank.

Also, my favorite battlefield moment so far - Taking a flag on conquest while in a jeep, after my gunner had been killed. Sounds mundane, but I was at the time doing donuts around the flag in said jeep, while two engineers fired rockets at me fruitlessly - soon as the flag capped, I drove off, only to spin around, come around the side, jump in the gunner's seat, and hose them down with the .50 while they were trying to capture the point.
  • I'm jealous of you PC players. Playing on the console is pretty awesome, but I doubt it's quite the same as on a PC.
  • Yeah, I'm definitely getting those "battlefield moments" a lot.
  • I can't help but hum the "correct" battlefield theme every time I respawn.
  • I don't know what you mean by correct, the BF3 theme is pretty bitching.

• That's not bad, but too much static-y crap for me. It only gets good at 1:09 or so.

That is what I was referring to.
  • That's not bad, but too much static-y crap for me. It only gets good at 1:09 or so

That is what I was referring to.
    Oh god, I've not heard that for years. So good.

• That's not bad, but too much static-y crap for me. It only gets good at 1:09 or so.
    So it gets good at exactly 2 wadsworths?

• I don't know what that is, but yes. Definitely.
  • The correct Battlefield music.

• Just ordered from Amazon, will hopefully be joining in before the end of the week.
  • Just ordered from Amazon, will hopefully be joining in before the end of the week.
    Advice - It's going to be horrible and frustrating when you start out. Don't give up, you'll get better. I won't, but I'll stand next to you and give them something else to shoot at instead.
  • Advice - It's going to be horrible and frustrating when you start out. Don't give up, you'll get better. I won't, but I'll stand next to you and give them something else to shoot at instead.
    Will previous BF2, BF2142, and BFBC2 experience help? Cos I'm damn well hoping it will. ;)
  • Advice - It's going to be horrible and frustrating when you start out. Don't give up, you'll get better. I won't, but I'll stand next to you and give them something else to shoot at instead.
    Will previous BF2, BF2142, and BFBC2 experience help? Cos I'm damn well hoping it will. ;)
    BFBC2 will, BF2, not so much, except in the 64 player maps, where you can use the old BF2 trick of taking the very scenic route.
  • I think BF3 is a healthy mix of BC2 and BF2, although it probably has more influence from BC2. While I enjoyed BC2, I had several problems with it (mainly the map design). Luckily the maps in BF3 are FANTASTIC!
  • I think BF3 is a healthy mix of BC2 and BF2, although it probably has more influence from BC2. While I enjoyed BC2, I had several problems with it (mainly the map design). Luckily the maps in BF3 are FANTASTIC!
    This makes me happy.

• The game has become remarkably more stable in the past week! I still wish we had in-game voice chat, like BF2 had. (Squad-based, with Squad Leader connection to Commander)
  • Okay, Today's BF3 moment of the day - I managed to Jihad jeep someone. While they were in a Helicopter. That is all.
  • I forgot about the jihad jeep! I have C4 unlocked on my support guy. I must try this now.
  • Made 9000 points last night on Caspian Border by broing it up with a stranger throughout the entire match, mostly driving a jeep we dubbed the funvee around all of the enemy capture points. Another highlight was when we tricked the pilots of a tank into getting out and chasing us on foot around a hill. We took the opportunity to steal their tank, murder both of them, capture the point and continue our spree.
  • Made 9000 points last night on Caspian Border by broing it up with a stranger throughout the entire match, mostly driving a jeep we dubbed the funvee around all of the enemy capture points. Another highlight was when we tricked the pilots of a tank into getting out and chasing us on foot around a hill. We took the opportunity to steal their tank, murder both of them, capture the point and continue our spree.
    In the Funvee, I hope?
  • edited November 2011
    In the Funvee, I hope?
    Sadly the funvee went up in flames and was damaged beyond repair shortly after we abandoned it for the tank. But the tank proved to be equally effective

Post edited by Doctor Barber on
    The other day for some stupid laughs, I grabbed a humvee, and started cruising around looking for teammates. when I found some in a firefight, I'd jump out, throw out some ammo on them, say "Look boys and girls! It's Santa Clips! Ho Ho Ho!" and then jump in my jeep and fuck off at top speed.

• I was playing last night and due to the way this game likes to re-balance each game I ended up on the opposing team. I murdered one of my buddies as he ran towards me to give me ammo. For a moment he thought my name was in red because I really needed ammo badly. Good laughs.

Another time I ended up killing another friend repeatedly because he was trying to destroy my tank! He was talking over chat telling me where he was in relation to the tank so I kept killing him. A few minutes later he reallised I was on the other team and stopped telling me where he was.
  • Battlefield in a nutshell
  • Join the Front Row Crew Platoon TODAY!

oh god how did that get there I am not good with computer.