This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Team Fortress 2

Comments

• Steam ID goes in. Weapons you can craft come out. You can't explain that!

Also: Trolling F2Pers
    Wow. That's so much better than the one I've been using so far.
  • Crossposting from Game Offers.
    You can now trade TF2 items for actual Steam games and vice-versa.

I... am not certain how to feel about this. At the moment, I'm somewhere between rage, confusion, and "Well this was only a matter of time".
  • Steam ID goes in. Weapons you can craft come out. You can't explain that!
    Sweet! I can make scrap metal!
    Ah cant craft shit.
    You probably can, but you'd lose weapons you already have (see options on the right).
  • You can now trade TF2 items for actual Steam games and vice-versa.
    You now have a way to transfer game gifts in steam through steam's own system, meaning that as long as you aren't an idiot, you don't have to rely on someone's word that they'll give you a gift. This doesn't in any way have to be connected to TF2.
  • edited August 2011
    You now have a way to transfer game gifts in steam through steam's own system, meaning that as long as you aren't an idiot, you don't have to rely on someone's word that they'll give you a gift. This doesn't in any way have to be connected to TF2.
    Also, as I said in the offers thread, You don't have to give a gift immediately, so if you, say, see something on sale that your mate would like, but they don't want to buy themselves, or don't know about, or whatever hypothetical reason we need to come up with that they didn't buy it on sale themselves, and then save it for some occasion you'd want to give a gift - say their birthday was in a month, or something. Or, you can buy a few decent games and have them on hand for if you forget birthdays, and shit like that.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited August 2011
    Random Tip - There is a "Loadout key", apart from the comma key, that is in the options menu but it is by default unbound, bind it to something - L is what I prefer - and it allows you to quick-switch loadouts by holding the key with the slot you want to change out, and then clicking the option for that weapon.

So, instead of Stop, loadout menu, class menu, pick slot, pick weapon, close menu, close menu, you just go weapon out > L (or whatever key you pick) > select weapon you want > done.

It seems like one of those things that's not that useful, but give it a try, it's surprisingly handy.

Also, You can change loadouts without dying by going to a supply cabinet.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited August 2011
    Alright, I'm about to share a secret with you guys. It's not that useful, but the reaction on public servers is so worth it.

During setup, or after a respawn, go to the resupply locker. You need to be touching it, or at least pretty close. Now, do a taunt, the longer the better. I've found that the Demoman's Decapitation, Scout's Homerun and Pistol taunt, and the Pyro's Hadoken are best for this. Once you go in to the third person perspective, hit your loadout key (The one Churba was just talking about), and as quickly as possible, change the weapon you just taunted with. For example, if you did the Homerun taunt, change out the Sandman/Atomizer for any other melee weapon. Exit the menu, and you should either see one of two things: Your character will either be perfectly normal, or you should see your character holding their hands like they're holding the weapon you just switched away from, but with no models in their hands (For example, the Scout will be holding his hands like he's holding the Sandman and it's baseball, but there will be neither a ball nor a bat in his hands). You can also tell because you can't attack. Congratulations! You've just reference-locked (or "Civilianized") yourself. Great times are had when people who don't know about this bug experience it.

(If you're having trouble doing this, turn off "Respawn after loadout change", and try to switch between two weapons with the same taunt, like all of the Pyro's secondaries, or the Sandman and the Atomizer.)
    Post edited by Neito on
    This is what happens when the Something Awful forum servers have a Gimmick Night.

(p.s. This gimmick is Sniper Attrition on a highly-disorienting left-right swapped Dustbowl.)
  • If you pre-ordered Deus Ex, you now have aproximatly ten million new items, none of which are reskins.
  • edited August 2011
    Demo Mars - Projectile (feat. Cee-oldier Green)

Man, I'm loving some TF2 remixes right now.

Post edited by Churba on
  • Cutest Medic/Heavy combo ever.

• So didn't someone say they were going to start up server hosting again?

Jason, Omar, Kev, & I have the bug again. FRC TF2 must be played again.
  • It's true, and you're hardly the only ones bitten by it.
  • I'd be up for something after the 18th.

• I'll have it up by mid-afternoon.
  • Man i never got around to medicing you guys last time, and ive improved much more since then, may even try going soldier too as its now my second main.
  • There was some TF2 action last night. Omar, Ro, and I destroyed the 2Fort pubs. There was much lolling with demos.
  • I haven't played TF2 much at all lately, maybe I'll jump in.
  • Front Row Crew Forums TF2 (Hats! Hats everywhere!)
    IP: 70.85.31.207
    Password: frcf

RTV and MapChooser should be enabled still, so you should be able to change maps without my interference.
  • edited January 2012
    I'm sitting in the server if anyone wants to come play!

EDIT: Scratch that, the server is running an older version of the game.
    Post edited by P_TOG on
  • Updated.
  • There's two of us in here, so come on in!
  • There's two of us in here, so come on in!
    Yes play with us.

• Fuuuuck....If you're still in, in about an hour, I'll be around.
  • Fuuuuck....If you're still in, in about an hour, I'll be around.
    I probably will be.