This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Dating

Comments

• Finally sent a message to Facebook Girl. She responded almost immediately and we had a nice conversation for a bit. I feel like the fact that she's interested in just shooting the shit even though I haven't seen her in three years is a really good sign.

She also told me that she prefers Skeletal Lamping to False Priest, Burst Apart to Hospice (because she "can't get past Putting the Dog To Sleep," a sentiment I share), and that she has a soft spot for the last songs on good albums. It's stupid how great this girl is.
  • Nice to know someone is having luck with the ladies. :P
  • She also told me that she prefers Skeletal Lamping to False Priest
    Dodged that bullet.
  • Here is the story.
    I asked a girl to go on dinner, she said ok but then she reschedule by texting me "Would you be mad if we reschedule for Tuesday". I said no worries. It turns out her car is breaking down and she took it to the shop. Suddenly, the reschedule turned to a cancel dinner due to her car being in the shop.
    We normally google chat but today she was not there at all. I was kind of worried so I text her "Hey I didn't see you in g-chat today I hope you are ok (or maybe you just had a busy day)".
    She text me back telling me that her car is back from the shop and that she was very busy today. After a couple of lines I told her that my offer to dinner still stands and she tells me that she would like to go to dinner but just as friends".
    I am not gonna lie, it was kind of a disappointment but alas I wrote "of course". At least I know what I am getting into.
    In a way a feel more relax now (Well, that is what I keep telling myself).
  • Man, reading and conversing with someone as introverted and fucked up as me is way more difficult than I thought it would be. @_@
  • Man, reading and conversing with someone as introverted and fucked up as me is way more difficult than I thought it would be. @_@
    LOL
  • I am very glad I don't have to deal with all of this dating stuff anymore, but I do sympathize with those who do. I think, for me, the key was forcing myself to be a little more friendly and up front with women. Also it helps to find someone who does something you genuinely find interesting, so you have built in things to talk about. Like, snag one who is a doctor or ventriloquist or juggles chainsaws. Probably not the latter because getting her on your life insurance policy would be problematic.
    LOL
    It's like one eternal conversation opening. "So how've you been?" "Oh, y'know...How've you been?" "Oh y'know...How've you been?..."

LOL
    It's like one eternal conversation opening. "So how've you been?" "Oh, y'know...How've you been?" "Oh y'know...How've you been?..."
    I know your pain dude. Messaging introverted geeky girls on OKC has got me in much the same situation.
  • She also told me that she prefers Skeletal Lamping to False Priest
    Dodged that bullet.
    You are one of five people I know (myself included) that could turn a discussion about dating into a discussion about the merits of various of Montreal albums.

• I literally cant listen to of Montreal because of lyrics alone, good lord.
  • I literally cant listen to of Montreal because of lyrics alone, good lord.
    "The Past Is A Grotesque Animal" is the best love song ever written.
  • edited March 2012
    --herpderp--
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited March 2012
    A weirdly personal discussion about medication, depression, anxiety, insomnia. Ranting about people who don't understand. A promise to stay in touch.

Even through the haze of depression and headache pain, I still feel really good about this.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • In the Friend zone.
    Heh, at least I got to know her better :D
  • Her reply to my last message was two words. It could be that she's not interested. It could also be the fact that she hasn't really slept in a week.
  • Her reply to my last message was two words. It could be that she's not interested. It could also be the fact that she hasn't really slept in a week.
    If she hasn't slept in a week and you got a reply at all, there's hope.
    Or being all extroverty is hard work and she's tired.
  • Got a message out of the blue asking about my racing experience. ^_^
  • Flattened affect is weird when it leaks directly into texts.
  • Got a message out of the blue asking about my racing experience. ^_^
    Shouldn't have ditched the Miata.

• Watch out if she starts to ask if you like to rally and don't tell her you do drag racing. Go with F1 or something similar.
  • Remember that point in Scott Pilgrim where Scott goes, "I'll just leave you alone forever now?"

so yeah.
  • Remember that point in Scott Pilgrim where Scott goes, "I'll just leave you alone forever now?"

so yeah.
    I being there that dude. It is not the end of the world.
    It only means that a most awesome girl will come ... eventually :P

• I'm not saying it's doomed just yet. Just that we haven't talked in a bit and I'm not sure why; my introvert shoulder angel (devil, more like) is all like, "It's because you're awkward, weird, and she hates you. Give up and spare your reputation."

Obviously, I'm not going to cave so easily, but damned if I don't want to.
  • I'm not saying it's doomed just yet. Just that we haven't talked in a bit and I'm not sure why; my introvert shoulder angel (devil, more like) is all like, "It's because you're awkward, weird, and she hates you. Give up and spare your reputation."

Obviously, I'm not going to cave so easily, but damned if I don't want to.
    Just chill dude, give her space. Go like, 5 days without messaging her. In the mean time go for a run. It helps :D

• In the mean time go for a run. It helps :D
    This is excellent advice.
  • >do physics
    >glare at girl's name in facebook messenger window, ponder sending a message
    >sip tea
    >headdesk
    >lather rinse repeat
    Just had one of these moments. Instead of letting it pass, I asked myself "What would courage wolf do?"

Answer: Everyone
  • In the mean time go for a run. It helps :D
    This is excellent advice.
    Yeah, after 9 miles the "Friend Zone" does not look so bad after all :P