This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Dating

Comments

• "Me: *wave hands in front of Nuri's face* "ATTENTION ATTENTION ATTENTION ATTENTION ATTENTION ATTENTION.""
    It really is that simple folks.
    Nothing's sexier that hand waving.

• "Me: *wave hands in front of Nuri's face* "ATTENTION ATTENTION ATTENTION ATTENTION ATTENTION ATTENTION.""
    It really is that simple folks.
    Nothing's sexier that hand waving.
    I'll be sure to try it on my next date.
  • DO IT! You have the advantage of long arms.
  • I have the best friends on the internet.
    And you know what they say about men with long arms.

Long legs!

Long legs!
    Bigger shirts!
    Long legs!
    Bigger shirts!
    Finding shirts is such a pain. >_>
  • I know that feel, bro.
  • edited May 2012
    DO IT! You have the advantage of long arms.
    Long legs!
    Bigger shirts!
    I don't have that problem, but finding pants of the right length is a fucking headache. It's why I wear jeans so often, it's because it's the only clothing I can reliably find long-leg, narrow-waist pants that ain't nuthuggers, and don't pile up on top of my boots so that it looks like I'm wearing legwarmers. And even then, I have to look around - an 87 waist? Legs too short. Right Length? 92 or 97 size waist, and they're falling off. Half the time I just give up, buy the larger size, since I wear belts all the time anyway, even though they don't look quite right.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited May 2012
    Yeah, I have to order in pants all the time. The US just assumes that if you're a really tall guy, you won't have a 32 waist. Even getting stuff in 34 or 36 for my inseam is really fucking difficult sometimes; this recent round of dramatic weight loss is just going to make things harder.

The bonus is that as soon as I put on some upper body muscle, I am going to look fucking excellent.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • The bonus is that as soon as I put on some upper body muscle, I am going to look fucking excellent.
  • That awkward moment when you realize that your hair, with a bit of hairspray, is the perfect length and texture to dress up as Dr. Frank-N-Furter.

Guess I know what to be for Halloween.
    Long legs!
    Bigger shirts!
    Try short arms and a barrel chest. Ask Nuri about making my tunics.

Long legs!
    Bigger shirts!
    Try short arms and a barrel chest. Ask Nuri about making my tunics.
    I'm lucky - I've got the barrel chest, but I've got arms like a manscaped orangutan.
  • edited May 2012
    Glorious Barrel-Chested and Lanky Master Race over here. At least I have some of the characteristics the fashion industry builds for...
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I'm skinny with broad shoulders, a long torso, 32 waist and long legs.
  • Introverted Facebook Girl isn't so introverted anymore! She's starting the conversations now, and this the third day in a row she's done so and we've talked for a long while, and things keep getting slightly more flirtatious.

I'm excited to get back to Chicago.
  • Glorious Barrel-Chested and Lanky Master Race over here. At least I have some of the characteristics the fashion industry builds for...
    54 - 58" chest. Draw length with a bow? Just shy of 28". And my inseam is also 28". Yet I'm 6' tall.

I'm all torso.
  • Glorious Barrel-Chested and Lanky Master Race over here. At least I have some of the characteristics the fashion industry builds for...
    54 - 58" chest. Draw length with a bow? Just shy of 28". And my inseam is also 28". Yet I'm 6' tall.

I'm all torso.
    He has dwarf legs. It's pretty funny. I'm cool with it though, because his hips are at the same place as mine. Yeah, check out our height difference and realize that it is ALL above the waist.

• Wow, that lighting really did suck bad.

I had a good date tonight. Had a really good conversation for about 2 hours straight. Also, her ringtone is the Super Mario Bros theme.
  • I made reasonable use of it with Kate and Adam's photo. But then, I am an experienced photographer, and I know what I am doing when framing and lighting shots. As soon as I hand my camera to someone else, I ALWAYS end up with shots that are blurry or poorly framed. It drives me crazy, but what else can I do if I want to be in the photo? (no offense to anybody I have had take snapshots for me... you're not expected to be a pro.)
  • edited May 2012
    I'm kinda jealous of you, dude. I just recently got out of a year-long relationship, and I wish I hadn't gained so much weight over that time. I can't help but think that I shouldn't even consider actively dating until I've lost some of that weight that I've picked up.
    Post edited by VentureJ on
  • I dunno dude, there are more girls who like tummies out there than you think.
  • I'm not exactly svelte, bro. Carry the right attitude and the right style - that's all that really matters.

Helps if the lady is a little weird too. :P
  • 54 - 58" chest. Draw length with a bow? Just shy of 28". And my inseam is also 28". Yet I'm 6' tall.

I'm all torso.
    I wonder what the average size of a chest is for someone 5' 7 now. I knew mine was a bit large but with you being that tall and at the similar size as me makes me thing it may be a little more than a bit large.
  • I'm definitely not a ladies man, if you know what I mean. It's really intimidating to see all these attractive people online, including a lot of you guys!
  • I'm definitely not a ladies man, if you know what I mean. It's really intimidating to see all these attractive people online, including a lot of you guys!
    I did remember that, but didn't want to say anything.

But yes, people overall don't mind the tummy as long as you're trying to be as healthy as you can.
  • edited May 2012
    But yes, people overall don't mind the tummy as long as you're trying to be as healthy as you can.
    Also, being happy with yourself is a very important thing. Attractive or not, if you find yourself unattractive eventually others will to. No one wants to be with a person that constantly puts themself down.
    Post edited by canine224 on
  • 54 - 58" chest. Draw length with a bow? Just shy of 28". And my inseam is also 28". Yet I'm 6' tall.

I'm all torso.
    I wonder what the average size of a chest is for someone 5' 7 now. I knew mine was a bit large but with you being that tall and at the similar size as me makes me thing it may be a little more than a bit large.
    Use T-shirts as a guideline:

A Medium is sized for a 38 - 40" chest.
    A Large is ~42 - 44"
    XL is ~46 - 48"
    2X is 50 - 52"

And so on.

I wear a 2X shirt, but I actually stretch out the chest when I wear it - it also fits my shoulders. 3X fits me better in the chest, but it's too large in the shoulders.

AFAIK, the average adult male in the US is around a 40 - 42" chest.