This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Dating

Comments

• That's some serial killer shit right there...
  • Ask these guys about how much of a ladies man I am.
    Well, when I say "actively dating", I'm generally referring to what George is doing: responding to messages on dating sites like OkCupid. I'm definitely hesitant to go that route, though I'm not entirely sure why. Have you guys had any good/bad experiences with that type of dating?

That is a great outlook on life, though, schenvets. I approve wholeheartedly.
    I was very hesitant initially too. And I have to initiate every conversation I have. It's only slightly better than talking to random people in that you know a bit about the person going in. So if you're looking for a very niche person (like I am) it works better.
  • edited May 2012
    Ask these guys about how much of a ladies man I am.
    George once saved six women from a gang of Russian mobsters and had sex with all of them at once while fleeing to Las Vegas in his Miata at 130MPH. The tight space constraints necessitated George's creation of a new sexual position involving yoga and several bottles of Astroglide, which is now called the "MX-6" and, if caught, carries the death penalty in at least two states and twelve countries.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • god, at least you are not holding a my little pony or something. ALSO you graduated from high school in 2010 jesus christ.

Also when did they start letting you do crazy stuff in your senor pictures?
    I only graduated in 2011.
  • Made out with cute redhead in an abandoned building, win? First time I've experienced a casual relationship, it's nice. ^_^
  • edited May 2012

Is that fancy party dress from PAX? Nice picture!
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • You can tell why Pete was killed multiple times for wearing that outfit in Mafia.
  • Honestly, I wouldn't trust me either. But still, fuck your racist hat-targeting. Racists.
  • My ex is back in town. We've been fooling around, of course. That woman is fucking intoxicating.
  • My ex is back in town. We've been fooling around, of course. That woman is fucking intoxicating.
    >:(

If I have any advice, it's simply, "Be careful."

>:(

I know, I know. I think it will be okay; she's gained a stunning amount of confidence, clarity, and sanity over the past few months. We had our fun, now we're treating one another like former lovers again and going our separate ways. It's hard, but pushing her away is much harder.
  • edited May 2012
    Well, my girlfriend had the angioplasty done a few weeks and she still is in pain but is now broke as well (insurance only covered 20%). Still hanging in there but who knows for how long?

She is working part time hours and looking to move in with me. On Monday she talks to the partners to see about less office visits and more telecommuting.

Relationship is good, reality not so much.
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
  • edited May 2012
    Sorry to hear that, Steve. You can demurr from answering and I'd totally understand, but do you mind if I ask what she's suffering from?
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Say, has anyone ever asked anyone else here to check over a dating website profile? Would anyone be willing to do this? I'm getting absolutely zero response and I'm wondering if I said something stupid, put up a photo that looks stupid, or if it's just that I'm so much different from the people my age who have great-grandchildren, didn't finish high school, use base grammar in their self-summaries, and say they're "looking for a god-fearing Christian conservative man who loves NASCAR and got a twelve-point buck last season. GO CATS! (You need to imagine when they say this aloud that they make "cats" have three syllables)"
  • I'm not on any dating sites, but if that is the average population where you live then perhaps the problem is not you, but your location.
  • The biggest problem with any dating site is that it's a buyers market for women. There are SO many more men on these sites than women, and any woman who has an even remotely attractive picture is going to be inundated with emails on a regular basis. I've found that most of the time the deciding factor is the initial email moreso than the profile; if you can't hook them in the first line or two, then she is on to the next 30 emails she got that week.

That said, I did have my profile edited by some of my female friends that know me well. Still, not much has changed. :P
  • Oh please. Dating sites are just as hard for women to wade through as men. Maybe not for all the same reasons, but it's still a PITA. Most of the emails those women are "inundated" with are crap from people who didn't even bother to read the profile and can't write in complete sentences.

No hits is the same as no feasible hits. It just means you have fewer stupid spam emails to delete.
  • I have a conundrum. What do you do when you like someone, but they hold back because their best friend has a crush on you?
  • I have a conundrum. What do you do when you like someone, but they hold back because their best friend has a crush on you?
    Threesome?

Personally, I would say tell them you like them. Yeah, their friend has a crush on you, but are you going to let that stop you from dating something you have actual interest in? If they are not going to go for that I would see if you could talk to that friend and let them know how you feel about the person you like, I doubt they are so petty as to stand between you two.
  • Be honest with everyone and strive for what you want. Somebody might get their feelings hurt, but that comes with the territory.
  • Yup. Also, the person you like may choose not to pursue a relationship with you because he/she doesn't want to be disloyal to the friend. That's their choice. Make your feelings known and then don't push it. Treating everybody like an autonomous person who can make their own choices, rather than trying to push them into a choice you want, is the way to go. I mean, definitely make what YOU want clear. But don't be a dick about it.
  • I told her about a month back that I had feelings for her, she said that she was super flattered, but 'not right now'. I let it go, but a couple weeks later, her boss told me that the only reason she didn't give it more consideration was because of her friend's crush. I still have hope that this can be a thing, but I don't know whether or not to pursue other interests and leave this on the back burner or remain uninvolved with anyone until she comes around.
  • I say talk to the friend and let them know how you feel about the person you like. If they are petty, get in the way, and the friend lets them then give up and move on. That is the worst case scenario but if you do not do that all you will get is the same outcome so going for it only adds the chance of you getting what you want.
  • edited May 2012
    Pursue other interests. If you find a great relationship, great. If you don't, you'll be available if/when this girl changes her mind and is ready to date you. It's not like this girl bought an option contract on you for 5 years dude... what do you have to lose? Nothing. Just tell her if she is ever interested to look you up, and move on. It's her prerogative now.
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • You guys are dating sages.
    OBJECTION! Nuri is dating a Viking.

Viking Sage?

• Say, has anyone ever asked anyone else here to check over a dating website profile? Would anyone be willing to do this? I'm getting absolutely zero response and I'm wondering if I said something stupid, put up a photo that looks stupid, or if it's just that I'm so much different from the people my age who have great-grandchildren, didn't finish high school, use base grammar in their self-summaries, and say they're "looking for a god-fearing Christian conservative man who loves NASCAR and got a twelve-point buck last season. GO CATS! (You need to imagine when they say this aloud that they make "cats" have three syllables)"
    Joe, I posted this earlier in the thread:

Based on a true story (for real):

“It wants a profile picture.”

“Use the same one as your Facebook profile, as you look cool with the camera in your hand and the way it covers half your face makes you look mysterious.”

“Really?”

“Hell yeah!”

“What should I put in the ‘I’m really good at’ section?”

“Put the video of you juggling in different places around the world. Girls will love that!”

“Really? I thought it was a bit nerdy.”

“You have no idea, do you?”

“Hmmm, okay. Six things I can’t live without? Well, my laptop, obviously…”

“Don’t say your laptop!”

“Why not? It’s the most expensive thing I’ve ever bought, and without it I wouldn’t be filling out this stupid OkCupid profile… How about ‘I can’t live without hugs’?”

“Perfect.”

“I was joking.”

“Hugs is cute.”

“You should message me if… You want an interesting adventure.”

“I’d message you.”

“The truth is I’m looking for sex.”

“If the girl is also looking for sex, she’ll interpret that as interesting and adventurous sex.”

So, as it happened, I had people help me fill out my profile on OkCupid, and I'm sure it helped a whole lot.

Viking Sage?

My my, He does clean up well.