This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Dating

Comments

• About 2.5 months so far with cool Tumblr girl.
  • edited May 2012
    No lady as of now, as mentioned above, but there is one I'm going to ask to a movie next week, when she gets back to New York.

EDIT: What am I even thinking, I should be asking her to Shakespeare in the Park.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • edited May 2012
    Sad and alone.

However, after taking Nuri's advice, I have gotten many more responses to my OkCupid page, so maybe something will work out eventually.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • Sad and alone.
    Same old, same old, really. No notable developments.
    These are the two extremes with regard to how my dating seems to be not going.
  • To be fair, the reason mine is same old is because A)It's a good situation and B)I'm making exactly zero effort to change any part of my dating life that isn't purely relationship based. All of that stuff is fine, and the only problem is one that I'm working on all the time, and doesn't really have much to do with the relationship itself at this point.
  • I just don't seem to meet any single women. I don't really know how, hence why I use okcupid. I understand that.
  • The key is to get married, I hang with more single girls then ever now... :-p
  • I'll get a fake wedding band and see how it goes.
  • The key is to get married a wedding ring, I hang with more single girls then ever now... :-p
  • I don't wear my ring :-p
  • edited May 2012
    Waiting to get home to see if cool Facebook girl wants to stay friends or is interested in a date. Haven't talked to her in a long while because she's working and I'm taking finals, but I think we built a pretty solid foundation.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • The key is to get married, I hang with more single girls then ever now... :-p
    And why aren't you introducing those girls to George?

• Because he's a selfish asshole and wants to keep them all to himself...or maybe they don't live in Virginia.
  • Pennsylvania, isn't that far away.
  • Waiting to get home to see if cool Facebook girl wants to stay friends or is interested in a date. Haven't talked to her in a long while because she's working and I'm taking finals, but I think we built a pretty solid foundation.
    And hey, if you've got a good foundation, even if she doesn't want to, she can hook you up with some of her mates.

• Waiting to get home to see if cool Facebook girl wants to stay friends or is interested in a date. Haven't talked to her in a long while because she's working and I'm taking finals, but I think we built a pretty solid foundation.
    And hey, if you've got a good foundation, even if she doesn't want to, she can hook you up with some of her mates.
    Why don't more people UNDERSTAND this.
    Hey, you're preaching to the choir. One of my cute, geeky former troupemates is pretty much off-limits. But her roommate is a hot biologist who likes neuroscience, watches Game of Thrones, and agreed to name their pet tarantula Shelob.

So, y'know.

Well my girl mates haven't really had anyone to introduce me too. >_>
  • You need to make more local acquaintances.

Says Mr Keep-all-the-single-ladies-to-myself.
    Philly chicks don't help a Virginia dude.

Philly chicks don't help a Virginia dude.
    Hey, people keep saying you should encourage American jobs, why shouldn't mail order brides be included under that.
  • My girlfriend and I have been together almost a year, been living together for half of it. We have every intention to keep it going for as long as we can.
  • edited May 2012
    You need to make more local acquaintances.
    I have plenty of local acquaintances, but I have little to no idea if any of them are potentially datable. It's quite a hassle, really, since it's not just a matter of whether they are taken or not.
    Post edited by VentureJ on
    I have plenty of local acquaintances, but I have little to no idea if any of them are potentially datable. It's quite a hassle, really, since it's not just a matter of whether they are taken or not.
    What it is a matter of, then?

• edited May 2012
    You need to make more local acquaintances.
    No No No, make a point to hang out or go to any random events you are invited to in new circles, try and be as friendly and interested in other people you are not interested in and use them to get into other friend circles that may or may not have interesting people. At no time tell anyone you are doing this to find a sig other. Just be cool and network through groups of people, when you are out don't spend as much time talking to the people you already know, talk and form bonds with the people you know the least..

My advise could also be good for a serial killer :-p
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • "Be cool always" is the First Commandment of Mensches and Dudes.
  • Scott, no offense, but you sound a bit like a psychopath. :P
  • Still single. Absolutely nothing has changed, but so many other aspects of my life have improved (graduation, employment, new apartment, etc.) that I feel like a new man. Just gotta keep riding the momentum!

On a different note, friends bailed on Rock Band night, so I hung out with Luke and some New Yorker forumites instead. Cool library girl was a friend of a friend, so I figured there will be other encounters (if she were there at all). Not to mention other opportunities are emerging around every corner...
  • Scott, no offense, but you sound a bit like a psychopath politician. :P
    Picking someone up and getting them to vote for you is the same thing. Job interviews have a similar skill set as well.