This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Dating

Comments

• Spain is a chill place to learn to flirt. Strangers just kiss you there. Hard to worry about hugs and flirting after five of the most beautiful women you've ever met kiss you on the cheek just to say hi.
  • I haven't seen a marked difference between the coasts in terms of hugginess, but I have noticed that the majority of cuddly people are also theater people.
  • edited June 2012
    I haven't seen a marked difference between the coasts in terms of hugginess, but I have noticed that the majority of cuddly people are also theater people.
    That's just because if you're comfortable in front of hundreds of people, you're ultracomfortable in front of just a few people. Or completely unbound in the presence of one.

Speaking from experience.

Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • She is from the east coast but she has family from the west coast (her family has a farm on New Mexico). She is going to New York for school and her mom is French. She knows ballet, french, how to plays the violin and piano. She hates violence but likes Halo and she loves to play Frisbee, and her favorite movie is Pride and Prejudice.
    I am just gonna keep training her and learning french in the way. After all, the summer is just beginning :D
    Also, I would be breaking this rule:
    (my age/2) + 7
    Is a rule right?
  • ,,, but I have noticed that the majority of cuddly people are also theater people.
    Funny you should say that...

Percent of Virgins by Major: http://www.geekologie.com/2009/03/percent-of-student-virgins-per.php
  • Spain is a chill place to learn to flirt. Strangers just kiss you there. Hard to worry about hugs and flirting after five of the most beautiful women you've ever met kiss you on the cheek just to say hi.
    Not just spain, but other parts of Europe are much less reserved about this. In Belgium, a greeting between friends can be a kiss in the air next to each other's cheeks. Even between 2 men.
  • ,,, but I have noticed that the majority of cuddly people are also theater people.
    Funny you should say that...

Percent of Virgins by Major: http://www.geekologie.com/2009/03/percent-of-student-virgins-per.php
    I believe that study :P
  • Awww, yeah, Art Girls got it goin' on.
  • For a field about the primacy of reproduction, Biologists don't see to practice what they preach.

Texted Facebook Girl about lunch. She said she's away from home, but when she gets back she'll take a look at her schedule and get back to me with a good time. This seems strangely and dishearteningly familiar...
  • edited June 2012
    Awww, yeah, Art Girls got it goin' on.
    Man, all of the art girls I have met on campus are in committed relationships. I need to go to this magical, fantasy school.

Or maybe just a school that isn't in the South.

Also, I went on a date with a girl via OKCupid. We talked for about 2 hours and I have not been able to get in contact with her since, so that happened. The one thing I took out of this experience, though, is that I went on a freaking date!

Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • Yeah, that's a thing.
  • I also forgot that she told me that she actually likes Ja Jar Binks, though I think she was just trolling :S
  • Yea, right, Biology was the most sex crazed subject in college.
  • Yea, right, Biology was the most sex crazed subject in college.
    I'm talking about the science itself. It's like the first rule of evolutionary biology: reproduce or die. For humans, that means sex.

• Sadly, though, reproducing doesn't stop you from dying.
  • Sadly, though, reproducing doesn't stop you from dying.
    The species, bro, the species.
    Man, all of the art girls I have met on campus are in committed relationships. I need to go to this magical, fantasy school.

Well obviously the art girls are in relationships, having lots of sex.

Well obviously the art girls are in relationships, having lots of sex.

Yeah, it was just metrics on how many of them are virgins. 0% are because they are regularly getting it (from their punk, geek, artsy, or any combination thereof boyfriends).
  • edited June 2012
    Or girlfriends. Art school!
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • edited June 2012
    I call shenanigans on the CS statistics. I'm betting that number is highly skewed by neckbeards who think their hand qualifies as a girlfriend. Or have some kind of "relationship" with a toy or other inanimate object.

Biology majors probably don't consider it sexual activity unless it's observed in a laboratory setting.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • Or girlfriends. Art school!
    This is true, this is true.
  • I call shenanigans on the CS statistics. I'm betting that number is highly skewed by neckbeards who think their hand qualifies as a girlfriend. Or have some kind of "relationship" with a toy or other inanimate object.

Biology majors probably don't consider it sexual activity unless it's observed in a laboratory setting.
    Followed by peer reviewed studies and meta-analysis as to whether or not sexual activity took place.

Biology: Because if you're not having sex, no one is having sex.
  • edited June 2012
    ...I need to go to this magical, fantasy school...
    SUNY Purchase.
    I don't see how this is a problem. Schools in the bible belt maybe, but I've found Southern bells to be sassy.
    Post edited by Wyatt on
  • Schools in the bible belt maybe
    Doubtful. If Catholic high school taught me anything, it's that christian guilt and sinful longing turns people into kinky motherfuckers.
  • Schools in the bible belt maybe
    Doubtful. If Catholic high school taught me anything, it's that christian guilt and sinful longing turns people into kinky motherfuckers.
    I concur, but only once released from Christian doctrine does it happen (moving away from extra-religious parents, etc.).
  • Cute intern realized my age. She thought that I was 19 or at least 25. Her face was priceless during the whole process :O
  • A While back I mentioned how my friend, who is engaged, probably has feelings for me. Well, its still sort of a thing. I feel like we've been getting more and more couple-like as its gone on. Like while we were messing around pretending to fight our mutual friend said something like "Shh stop people will think you're dating." And we've been talking in a more couple-ey sort of way and she talks to me more than anyone else. We have this mutual understanding of where we're at and its strange. We've even made jokes about being fake lovers and shit like that. I can't help but feel like I'm in an affair :/ I just don't know what to think really. I'm writing this to get my thoughts out more than anything else.
  • edited June 2012
    That to me doesn't have anything to indicate something more than an affectionate friendship.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Well, its mostly that. But we've made jokes about being together when her fiance dies in various ways, and other things where we're together like that and he is inexplicably gone. Idk really just lots of little stuff, you know?
  • I'm going to put money on NinjaRabbit having sex with engaged friend within the next three months. Then they'll regret it, and drift apart a bit afterward. However, when it happens, the sex will be awesome in the way only forbidden sex can be.