This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Dating

Comments

• If someone sees you have a creepy body pillow and they're creeped out by it, who cares? You've still got the body pillow, so you're no worse off than before. And it also allows for the possibility of flirting using sly, raunchy jokes.

Remember, the most important thing is to divest yourself of shame.
  • If you are a creepy, love-pillow kind of guy, it's only fair to let the girl know that.
  • If you are a creepy, love-pillow kind of guy, it's only fair to let the girl know that.
  • Yeah, and maybe she'll accept it because she's also really creepy about something (Yaoi mousepads or who knows what).
  • Perhaps you should gender swap the question. If you were going over to a lady's place, would you prefer she hide her love pillow/yaoi collection/generic creepy things?
  • Wait a moment...

I presumed the love pillow was a joke.
  • edited September 2012
    You're going to have to go a lot weirder. Try full fursuit. Or realdoll.

My answer would still be the same. But as far as weird out the people on this forum... I think yaoi is not going to matter.
    Post edited by Anthony Heman on
  • There's a thing called taking it slow...
  • edited September 2012
    I don't hide anything that I would normally have out. On the other hand, I don't have my smut comics and my sex toys hanging out in public view for all of my visitors to see. I feel like you shouldn't have to alter your living space for a date because your S.O. should be cool with anything a friend would be cool with. If you have shit that would weird your friends out hanging around in the living room... why? Make your shit mostly presentable so you can have people over on a whim. This is a rule for being a social human being, not just dating.
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • Wait a moment...

It's a hypothetical case study. Li_Akahi does not have a love pillow.
  • edited September 2012
    Wait a moment...

That we know about.

Maybe he'll introduce it to the forum after he's been here a little longer. Then bam, he'll drop his love pillow on us? WHAT DO YOU DO THEN? WHAT WILL WE DO?

... not much of anything I imagine.
    Post edited by Anthony Heman on
  • Wait a moment...

That we know of.
  • edited September 2012
    A pretty, geeky lady wants to smoke up and watch Oldboy with me. I am so excited that I have to tell the internet.
    ...Are you both 16? Because that sounds like something my high school brother would think was awesome.

On the real, we basically act like a couple of sixteen-year-old kids who can have cogent discussions of art theory and combat.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • Okay. No pillow to consider in this discussion. Thank fuck.

Personally I think it depends on where you met the person. If you know them via your hobby, I think it's fine to expect them to be okay about you having figurines and posters and other fan materials. On the other hand, if they are from a different social circle, it would probably be best for you to talk about your collections first, and then let them see your room.

It's like when your significant other meets your parents for the first time. The best thing to do is tell them how embarrassing your father can be well in advance. Then, when your father meets your German girlfriend and the first thing he does is ask about Hitler, she won't blame you.

It's all about expectations.
  • Personally I like to surprise people with my wall decor.
  • edited September 2012
    I usually wait a while before telling a girl I like My Little Pony. By that point, they've either gotten to know me or they've seen my youtube account, either way, they kind already know. But like Luke said: Expectations.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • There's a thing called taking it slow...
    Exactly. Like I don't tell people I have several guns because it has a pretty negative connotation. They'll find out sooner or later if we keep seeing each other, but to start I want them to see that I'm a normal, balanced person, not a gun nut.
  • I don't hide anything that I would normally have out. On the other hand, I don't have my smut comics and my sex toys hanging out in public view for all of my visitors to see. I feel like you shouldn't have to alter your living space for a date because your S.O. should be cool with anything a friend would be cool with. If you have shit that would weird your friends out hanging around in the living room... why? Make your shit mostly presentable so you can have people over on a whim. This is a rule for being a social human being, not just dating.
    This. All of this. Thank you, Nuri.
  • The fact that I'm a huge MLP fan is usually the first thing people learn about me - mostly because my friends rarely stop ribbing me for it. That said, I'm a fairly confident, decent-seeming person otherwise, so I usually can drag topics into more mainstream geek culture before they run away, and then I can act as the proof that not all bronies are creepy.

Also, I'm kind of interested in how Scott was defining "freaky," mostly because I have the kind of friends who don't see a problem with having fuzzy handcuffs hanging on their wall.
  • I think most people know what to expect when they see me, long beard/ hair and all.
  • I think most people know what to expect when they see me, long beard/ hair and all.
    "That badass is probably a wizard or something."
  • edited September 2012
    [deleted]
    Post edited by La Petit Mort on
  • Wait a moment...

At least, until Christmas rolls around.

• Wait a moment...

Secret Santa shenanigans. XD

• There's nothing wrong with a love pillow as long as you take the sheet cover off and the pillow isn't cover in love stains. :P
  • I usually wait a while before telling a girl I like My Little Pony. By that point, they've either gotten to know me or they've seen my youtube account, either way, they kind already know.
    Wait a moment...

I'm going to check the secret santa database...
  • I usually wait a while before telling a girl I like My Little Pony. By that point, they've either gotten to know me or they've seen my youtube account, either way, they kind already know.
    Wait a moment...

I'm going to check the secret santa database...
    Hey, I'm just planting the seed, so to speak, someone else is going to have to do the growing.
  • Hey, I'm just planting the seed, so to speak, someone else is going to have to do the growing.

>Talking about love pillows
    >using the phrase "planting the seed"
    >thegogglesdonothing.jpg
  • And that, Gentlemen, is why I'm very good at what I do.