This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Dating

Comments

• I want to wait. I realize it's doofy, but I'm a doof.
  • edited October 2012
    Figure it this way, most dishes that people recommend are very delicious to a certain culture/country. There is a reason why it's recommended. Try it with no fear. I honestly don't recall any dishes that were vile to where I had to spit it out. Unless it is poison or rotten, then that's bad.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I find that I don't really like things that have...Spice or flavor. I like fruity flavors, I guess. That's about it.
  • Isn't that an issue that a lot of autistic spectrum people have? Most autists I know prefer plain foods, no condiments, no embellishments, are very specific about their tastes.
  • I have been diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome. I occasionally find that diagnosis correct. This is one of those instances.
  • That gives you a pass for pickiness and foods touching, defs.
  • But it doesn't help me socially or make people stop being mean.
  • But it doesn't help me socially or make people stop being mean.
    Yeah, I agree that that's bullshit.

• Oh well. Something I learn to live with. Granted, it sorta was part of why my previous relationship ended, so...At least I know what I need to look out for in a girl: If she's trying to fix my eating thing, probably no good. If she can be constructive about it, that's one thing, but my ex was pretty much getting stressed out and upset over how difficult it was to get me to change, and actively needed to be able to help me get over it in order to be happy with our relationship. That was an issue.
  • It's because it looks like pickiness and elitism to people who don't understand the underlying problem. It tweaks people's social pet peeves, or some people's. There's a lot more awareness now than there ever was. I'm guilty of being annoyed by people with this issue in the past. It's not rational, it's just a button that a lot of people have that gets pushed by this issue. I'm not articulating well. :-)
  • I am all of a sudden starting to get a very bad feeling about Violin Girl and I. Totally freaking out about talking to her about what's going on.
  • Dudeguybro, it's gonna be okay. She clearly likes you in some capacity. If it doesn't turn into anything more, you have a friend you like hanging out with. It's okay.
  • I'm aware of that, but I'm just tired of the consolation prize. I want to be in first place for once.
  • We all do, don't we? I wish I could promise you happiness. But getting nervous won't make it better.
  • I am all of a sudden starting to get a very bad feeling about Violin Girl and I. Totally freaking out about talking to her about what's going on.
    WAIT, HOLD ON - you didn't commit that most horrible and deadly of sins, did you? God DAMN it Li, you must tell us...Did you accidentally say she played Viola?
  • It's funny, while I understand that joke, when I was growing up I ALWAYS thought the Viola was cooler.
  • edited October 2012
    It's funny, while I understand that joke, when I was growing up I ALWAYS thought the Viola was cooler.
    That's the thing - Violin players and Viola players (though more so the latter) often get SUPER pissy if you suggest they play the other instrument, despite that they're incredibly similar.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited October 2012
    Viola is totally cooler, it's just viola parts often suck. They always gets stuck with the leftover harmonies.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Harmonies are cool though.

And like I said, Churba, I get the joke, I know what they're like.
  • Harmonies are cool though.

And like I said, Churba, I get the joke, I know what they're like.
    I know, but I realized others might not. I dunno, man, in my experience, orchestras = drama. Then again, the majority of my experience with orchestras are theatre orchestras, so it might be a little different with other types.

• Feeling better now guys. I'm going to have that talk eventually, but I'm going to play hard to get for a little while and see how that goes.
  • edited October 2012
    Feeling better now guys. I'm going to have that talk eventually, but I'm going to play hard to get for a little while and see how that goes.
    Where you apologize for saying she plays viola, you uncultured swine?
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited October 2012
    but I'm going to play hard to get for a little while
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited October 2012
    I'm going to have that talk eventually, but I'm going to play hard to get for a little while and see how that goes.
    I'm aware of that, but I'm just tired of the consolation prize.
    HINT

THESE HAVE SOMETHING IN COMMON
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited October 2012
    but I'm going to play hard to get for a little while
    I'm basically just doing it to calm down and make sure that I'm not a complete nervous wreck for my big test on Friday. Also to see how she reacts. We've texted a lot over the past few days, but always with me starting it.
    I'm going to have that talk eventually, but I'm going to play hard to get for a little while and see how that goes.
    I'm aware of that, but I'm just tired of the consolation prize.
    HINT

THESE HAVE SOMETHING IN COMMON
    Please explain.

Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • Fuck it, talk to her now and get it over with. This will solve both your problems.
  • edited October 2012
    Fuck it, talk to her now and get it over with. This will solve both your problems.
    Exactly.

Girls, and, truth be told, people in general, don't want you to hesitate over things. This can be difficult. This means that you need to be very assertive about what you want and expect so that they can do the same and express serious agreement or disagreement.

This is why girls are more responsive to texts like "Have dinner with me tonight, my place, 8," than, "Do you want to do something sometime?" This is also why playing "Hard To Get" is lame.

Look, Ryan: When your bros text you something like, "Come over, let's get high and watch Wall-E," do you go, "Fuck yeah, I want to get high and watch Wall-E because that's time to spend with you dudes, who I think are cool!" Or do you go, "I'm gonna make them wait so they value my time more?"

Think about it, man. A girlfriend should just be your very best bro. Treat her like that.

(note: not okay to "playfully" touch her junk at sports games. save that for the dudebros)
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • That comment held especially high amounts of merit with your new avatar.
  • @NuB: Well said.

Ryan, stop being a little bitch. I spent many years being a little bitch. You know what it got me? Fucking misery and self-loathing. I say this out of caring and a sense of duty: sack up.