This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Dating

Comments

• That comment held especially high amounts of merit with your new avatar.
    I like to give advice as if I actually am Sterling Malory Archer, ISIS Codename: Duchess.

• The other real option is to stop giving such a fuck. Also acceptable.
  • edited October 2012
    Seriously, dude. Shoot her a text: "Hey, I dig you. Let's date." And if she says yes? BOOM. If she says no? "Well, I'd still like to hang. You're pretty cool."

Worst case: YOU HAVE A NEW FRIEND.
    Best case: YOU HAVE A FRIEND YOU CAN KISS AND MAYBE HAVE SEX WITH IF YOU STAY COOL.

That's what we in the business call a win-serious fuckin' win, Cyril Ryan.

DO THIS NOW. 30 MINUTES. I EXPECT A REPORT.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I understand if you want to keep things a little not-so-nervewracking until your test on Friday, but hard to get is not actually a real thing. Girls want guys who take initiative. Trust me on this one.
  • edited November 2012
    I understand if you want to keep things a little not-so-nervewracking until your test on Friday, but hard to get is not actually a real thing. Girls want guys who take initiative. Trust me on this one.
    RYAN: Look, do you see this quote from Axel? This is a guy who (with respect to Axel, a dear friend) admits that his Asperger's may have caused him relationship problems.

HE IS GIVING YOU THE SAME ADVICE I AM GIVING YOU

SACK UP

DO THIS THING AND BE WHO YOU'RE GOING TO BE
  • Wub is sounding like me all of a sudden. It's kinda funny.

Either way, hook in, dude. This isn't a fine wine, it's not going to get better with age.
  • Yeah. Just be all like:
    "Female lady. We have been having the get-togethers. They have been good. Shall we escalate them to a date-like capacity that may involve explicit romanticism?"
    Then she'll be all like,
    "Oh, your open display of confidence has my heart all a flutter!" And then she'll start humping your leg.

Okay, that last part probably won't happen, but there's actually like a 2% chance it will.
  • Axel you are the best.
  • And if she says no, and you still has a sad? Mass text all your dudebros: "Really got gamed by this chick. Let's get drinks."

YOUR WORST CASE SCENARIO IS NOW BEST CASE SCENARIO BECAUSE BROTIME
  • RYAN YOU HAVE TEN MINUTES

THE ENTIRE BOARD WILL BE DISAPPOINT
  • You guys are my favorite.
  • I don't know if we're so good or so bad at inspirational shit.
  • edited November 2012
    RYAN

RYAN

THIS IS YOU

THIS IS ME

VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION

WHO DO YOU BELIEVE IN??

TELL THAT BITTY YOU WANT IT TO POP OFF RIGHT THE FUCK NAO
  • Okay, now I know that we're really bad at this.
  • edited November 2012
    IGNORE AXEL, HE DOESN'T KNOW HOW GREAT YOU CAN BE

SHOW HIM
  • Don't believe in the NUB that believes in you.
    Don't believe in the Axel that believes in you.

Believe in the you...Who believes in the boobs.

Also the you.
  • BUT MOSTLY THE TITTIES
  • Are we the best worst influences or the worst best influences?
  • Look at how much heart these guys have. How can you argue with that?
  • RYAN IT'S OKAY YOU'RE NOT ON THE CLOCK

I JUST WANT YOU TO SEE HOW GOOD YOU CAN BE

DO THIS AND LET ME SHOW YOU. PLEASE.
  • edited November 2012
    Suddenly piercing the heavens with your drill got a whole new meaning.
    Post edited by La Petit Mort on
  • edited November 2012
    Ryan, being coy never earned you a damned thing. Waiting around and playing games pisses people off, it doesn't make you endearing. I dated the guy that was the first to message me when I got internet in England and biked across town in the fucking rain, daily to spend time with me when he thought I was a lesbian, not the one who was inconsistent in responses and tried to make me lead. If you're really interested in her, be SINCERELY INTERESTED IN HER AS A PERSON.

So nut up or shut up. Moaning about the "consolation prize" and similarly making every goddamn situation the exact same from your perspective is exactly the attitude that is making you unattractive. Stop looking for SOMEone, for a "prize" to obtain a goal, and look for a person. Hell. Stop looking altogether. You might be able to find a wonderful person if you stop seeming like you need someone for the sake of it.
    Post edited by Anrild on
  • See her? I like her. She's good.
  • edited November 2012
    I'M GOING TO DO IT TOMORROW AFTER MY TEST. MY DRILL WILL BE THE ONE WHO WILL PIERCE THE HEAVENS!

But man, now I'm pissed that I went to bed slightly early last night. I could have been directly involved with the AWESOME PARTY at FORT KICKASS.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • See her? I like her. She's good.
    This. Also, if you're interested in her BE INTERESTED IN HER. Talk to her, ask her questions about what she does and be sincerely interested in everything she says.

Actually, that's good advice no matter the social situation. Just be open minded and interested in everything under the sun, then you'll always have something to talk about.
  • Is that Roe or Ro?
  • ROE. I only changed my image, not the name. Name is too confusing.
  • edited November 2012
    I like your avatar, Sean. That's my current state at the moment. I wanted to change my name to Ro, but the forum only allows for names of at least 3 characters.
    Post edited by Rochelle on