This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Dating

Comments

• Remind me never to sleep with open_sketchbook.
  • oh no ive done that thing where i say something crazy and i cant figure out what it was
  • oh no he did that thing where he wrote without caps or punctuation to indicate sarcasm i guess
  • Oh, I gotcha now Open, I agree. It's mainly a jealous thing. Some people have a lot of it some people have a little of it. I don't know if it's just me or the people I hang with but there are a lot of open relationships/poly/swingers whatever around. So I assume that society wants to push monogamy but in reality people figure out what they want and deal.
  • edited December 2012
    I have never felt jealousy within a relationship. I have asked people to describe how it feels like but their descriptions seem utterly alien to me. Watching TV dramas with relationship bullshit in them is like watching a documentary about strange undersea creatures who have diverged from the evolutionary tree hundreds of millions of years ago.

If somebody hits on your SO, that is just an affirmation that people find them attractive. Ego boost for them for being complimented, ego boost for you for being with a person who attracts such compliments. My SO is an adult and is fully capable of making their own decisions regarding where it goes from there, and I have no desire to meddle in that.
    Post edited by open_sketchbook on
  • I've heard that from someone else. Out of curiosity, what do you feel about a relationship?
  • I'll take a crack at it:
    It feels like your partner wants someone more than you. They show an interest and drive in getting to know someone else and being around that person that they might have once shown you, but they either aren't anymore or you have become blind to it. You have the feeling that energy they are investing elsewhere is taking away from them investing in you, whether you're right or not.
  • One of the important parts of monogamy is managing STI transmission. This is a much more complex process in a poly dynamic.

• edited December 2012
    I've heard that from someone else. Out of curiosity, what do you feel about a relationship?
    A strong friendship + engaging in emotionally and intellectually satisfying courtship and romantic rituals + making out? That's pretty much what I got right now and I'm very happy with it. The "traditional" structure of a relationship feels way creepy and possessive to me.
    Post edited by open_sketchbook on
    Remind me to sleep with open_sketchbook as much as humanly possible.

You need a reminder? I seem to have been wildly misinformed as to your character.
  • edited December 2012
    Remind me never to sleep with open_sketchbook.
    You need a reminder? I seem to have been wildly misinformed as to your character.
    No no, as much as *humanly* possible. I don't want to over-exert the poor chap, you have to remind me to have some restraint.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I both fear and approve the direction that this thread has gone.
  • RymRym
    edited December 2012
    Do what thou wilt, but don't put sex on a pedestal. ;^)
    Post edited by Rym on
  • Do what thou wilt, but don't put sex on a pedestal. ;^)
    Sex on a pedestal is trouble. You're going to fall off :P
  • Do what thou wilt, but don't put sex on a pedestal. ;^)
    I agree. If you fall off, it's almost always stonework and protrusions all around them, tiled floors, that shit is gonna hurt. Iconic order base right in the lumbar, goddamn.
  • One of the important parts of monogamy is managing STI transmission. This is a much more complex process in a poly dynamic.
    Just as an aside, when did it become STIs instead of STDs? I didn't get that memo.
    Just as an aside, when did it become STIs instead of STDs? I didn't get that memo.
    Makes you not want that new WRX so much anymore, doesn't it?
    The term changed to get broader quite awhile ago. Many STIs are now easily treatable and curable. I guess they wanted a less stigmatized term or something? So they aren't just called diseases anymore. But whatever - if you used the term STD, everyone knows what you are talking about.

• Pretty sure STI is just more scientifically accurate, because there are bad things transmitted sexually that are not technically diseases.
  • edited December 2012
    One of the important parts of monogamy is managing STI transmission. This is a much more complex process in a poly dynamic.
    Maybe, but it puts the feeling of owning one in a more accurate context.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited December 2012
    One of the important parts of monogamy is managing STI transmission. This is a much more complex process in a poly dynamic.
    Fun at the start, but mostly inconvenient, unsightly and expensive, and makes people not want to sleep with you?

Post edited by Churba on
    Fun at the start, but mostly inconvenient, unsightly and expensive, and makes people not want to sleep with you?
    There ya go.
  • @Luke - Your break down of "Always cuckold, never cheat" reminds me of a discussion I had with an ex-girlfriend a while back.

I was trying to explain to her the three date sex rule and how if I have sex with the girl on the first date there will not be a second date which she misinterpreted to mean that if she didn't want a second date then she should have sex on the first date!

For those who may not understand the three date rule it's as simple as "If they have sex with you on the first date then they likely do so with everyone else." It goes in hand with cheaters, if they cheat on their current boy/girlfriend to be with you then they will likely cheat on you to be with the next person.
  • Some p. good slut shaming you got goin' on there, bro.

Takes two people to have sex on the first date. :D
  • Takes two people to have sex on the first date. :D
    TRU FAX!

Well, sometimes three, but lest not go there.

• @Luke - Your break down of "Always cuckold, never cheat" reminds me of a discussion I had with an ex-girlfriend a while back.

I was trying to explain to her the three date sex rule and how if I have sex with the girl on the first date there will not be a second date which she misinterpreted to mean that if she didn't want a second date then she should have sex on the first date!

For those who may not understand the three date rule it's as simple as "If they have sex with you on the first date then they likely do so with everyone else." It goes in hand with cheaters, if they cheat on their current boy/girlfriend to be with you then they will likely cheat on you to be with the next person.
    WHOA

MAYBE IT'S OKAY TO HAVE SEX WHENEVER

HOW NOVEL~
  • Unless it's not. In which case, shame on you for not knowing better.
  • So, if they have sex with you on the first date...Maybe they just really want some booty.

Yeah, your rule makes no sense to me.