This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Dating

Comments

• So your dick is both a fantasy and something that was once awesome but now exists only in history books?
  • My Dick, AKA: Glamdring Foehammer, Colossus of Rhodes, The Will To Power, Gungnir, Ultima Ratio Regum, The Chronic.
    The FOE HAMMER
    Orcrist has a better ring to it.

/If you're into that sort of thing.
  • It goes on the Parthenon in Greece.
    Woooah, it's been a long time since I've heard that.
  • edited January 2013
    Met a poet with a promising career in social work. She really loves science and writes poems about it. She also thrust her tongue into my mouth at the first possible opportunity. So as not to sound gauche, I should point out that I met her through a very dear friend and said making out took place after we'd been talking for six hours.

I am seeing her again tonight. Very happy with my life right now.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • That's generally a pretty good feeling.
  • WindupBird your life confuses me, are you just rolling in eligible women?
  • WindupBird your life confuses me, are you just rolling in eligible women?
    Yes.

• edited January 2013
    He's an unattached student at a large research university, so that's a yes.

Also I'm jealous, because I'm also an unattached student at a sizable research university but haven't figured out how to be so cool that girls throw themselves upon me.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • edited January 2013
    I am an unattached student at a sizable technology institute that does not have NEARLY enough single/available/interested girls for me to encounter them on a regular basis (or at all), so I am just generally not even worried about having WuB's life and enjoy cheering on his makeout/cuddle sessions.

Also, being a game design major rather than a science major probably makes me seem less intelligent and interesting and more of a dork, but ah well.
    Post edited by Axel on
  • Don't sweat the dorkiness. I had to explain montage parodies to this girl last night. Still got aggressively kissed.
  • That's a lot cooler than explaining the backstory to Mega Man. >_<
  • Dude if offdarailz.com gets you laid I will shit myself
  • edited January 2013
    That's a lot cooler than explaining the backstory to Mega Man.
    Just learn to play guitar and then do it like this:

Post edited by Sail on
  • Dude if offdarailz.com gets you laid I will shit myself
    offdarailz is pretty great. If he buys me dinner first he's got a deal.
  • edited January 2013
    That's a lot cooler than explaining the backstory to Mega Man.
    Just learn to play guitar and then do it like this:

(Protomen video)
    If I was that rad and had the time to learn an instrument, I...Would be that rad.

Post edited by Axel on
  • edited January 2013
    That poet and I hit it off HARD and have been talking literally since the moment I woke up this morning. Probably seeing her this weekend, somehow.
  • WUB, soon there will be direct flights from where I'm at to where you're at. I realize that doesn't mean much to you city people, but WE WILL MEET. This will come to pass.
  • YES

DO THAT

WE CAN PLAY ECLIPSE AND CHILL WITH MY HTPC
  • edited January 2013
    WE WILL MEET.
    You do realize this is the dating thread, right? This means that you have to take him on at least one date. Two if you wish to be polite.
    Post edited by Bronzdragon on
  • Eclipse and HTPC sounds like the ideal date.
  • ... sitting in a tree, e-clipse-and-h-t-c-p.
  • WE WILL MEET.
    You do realize this is the dating thread, right? This means that you have to take him on at least one date. Two if you wish to be polite.
    If there is a third he will be expecting sex.
  • edited January 2013
    Platonic conversation on dating site had been going on for a couple months, I log in last night and get a very minor possibly non-platonic message. Didn't know how I wanted to react, went to sleep. Wake up, person deleted account. Well, at least I don't have to worry about figuring out a reaction. I have her email, but that's from a message a while ago when she deleted her account previously.
    Post edited by Anthony Heman on
  • WE WILL MEET.
    If there is a third he will be expecting sex.
    Look, let's get something straight. I don't fuck around: if I'm playing a three-hour space empire board game, I'm expecting sex.
  • Alright but I'm role-playing Planta for it.
  • So OKCupid has this new blind dating feature...
  • edited January 2013
    So OKCupid has this new blind dating feature...
    Oh, you mean serial killer feature. Dope.

This adds a whole other possibility to the last message I received. "What do you think of this 'Love is Blind Day' crap okcupid has going on?"

This adds a whole other possibility to the last message I received. "What do you think of this 'Love is Blind Day' crap okcupid has going on?"
    Fail.
  • edited January 2013
    Told her I was driving back to visit. She said she'd "be happy to see me," and that she'd, "need time to eat and sleep."

[edited for wrong pic]