This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Dating

Comments

• It wasn't always bad.
  • I just have to wonder how that went on for fourteen months.
    Try more than 2 years. That's how it was with a previous relationship. I was completely naive to his lies. It wasn't bad at first, but I broke up with him because I didn't love him anymore then found out about all the lies.
  • Rough. I've been reading a lot of random psychology/relationship/drama stories of late. Tis the season?
  • Yup. People break up in Spring. Hook up in Summer. Date up in Fall. Cuddle up in Winter.
  • Yea, as was explained in depth in a savage love podcast, not only is early spring the best time to break up it also comes right after a long line of holiday's people hate to break up before, thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years and Valentines day. Added with the fact in winter people want something warm to sleep next to and spring is all about renewal and getting out in the world. You get the picture.
  • While this story is entertaining, I sincerely hope this doesn't end up seriously/permanently fucking up your life in any way.
  • While this story is entertaining, I sincerely hope this doesn't end up seriously/permanently fucking up your life in any way.
  • I knew it wasn't going to be, but I really wish the honeypot story was like this:

Are you part of some viral marketing, or are you asking me if I have a penis?

• I have a story as equally crazy but its not mine to tell. Also involving someone trying to leverage romance by using an impersonator of a 80's rocker.
  • Ugh. Most of the time I love being gay, but occasionally I'm hit with the realization that this means I date men, along with all the idiocy that it entails. The "nice guy" phenomenon (i.e. men who feign friendship because they hope to get laid) is by no means confined to the straight community, and if anything might be even more common among gay men on a per-capita basis, and I just got slapped in the face with this several times over the past couple of days. I'm perfectly okay with people who just want to get laid as long as they're honest about it, but saying you want to go on a date or hang out and then dropping everything when it becomes clear that there won't be a dick involved is pretty shitty.
  • Yep. It's bullshit no matter what gender they're doing it to.
  • Sounds like a dick was involved, just the large walking around kind.
  • It's just rather difficult to find prospects in general, especially in grad school. I've got the work that all has to get done, and I've got glee club stuff that keeps me sane enough to do the work, and not a whole lot of extra time outside that to go out and meet people. Plus I've noticed that my particular brand of queerness often doesn't go over well here in the Midwest.
  • I'm at the cusp of another romantic (mis)adventure, I can feel it. My best friend's sister is a very thoughtful woman.
  • That's a great story waiting to happen.

Meanwhile, I just went drinking with my workmates and was reminded why I'm screwed/there are very few ladies in engineering fields.
  • Wait, reminded of both of those things?
  • Meanwhile, I just went drinking with my workmates and was reminded why I'm screwed/there are very few ladies in engineering fields.
    Find ladies that aren't engineers. I don't see the problem here.
  • I don't think I see your problem linkigi, most people do not meet their sig other at the place they work at. Though sometimes they meet their mistress :-p
  • Meanwhile, I just went drinking with my workmates and was reminded why I'm screwed/there are very few ladies in engineering fields.
    Find ladies that aren't engineers. I don't see the problem here.
    Your university has an art/philosophy/biology department does it not?
  • I wasn't complaining about a dearth of ladies for me to snog (although there are right now), I was complaining that so many of my peers are terrible people.
  • I introduced my girlfriend to The Princess Bride last night. Her kids had seen it but somehow she never had.

We brought the kids together on Monday. I served a meal of fresh made fettuccine and Alfredo sauce. Also had a few fresh baked loaves of bread on hand. Yeah, going straight through the stomach to win them over.
  • I wasn't complaining about a dearth of ladies for me to snog (although there are right now), I was complaining that so many of my peers are terrible people.
    That has little to do with being an engineer. :P
  • I'm craving some summer loving, so I'm gonna ask this guy I find attractive out.

The way I see it is the best that can happen is he says yes and we go out. The worse that can happen is he says no, he says no and never talks to me again, he says no and we are friends instead or he says no and a meteor hits Earth and we die.

Any of those no's aren't a big deal and the chance of a yes is nothing but gain, so why the heck not!
  • I'm pretty sure the most likely outcome is the Meteor hits the Earth and we die.
  • I'm pretty sure the most likely outcome is the Meteor hits the Earth and we die.
  • You forgot supervolcano eruption, that's pretty bad as well.
  • Evil ex is supposed to come by next week and get her stuff. Her new desire for me to meet her somewhere is based on a story about a contagion. Apparently I now have a super contagious something that is spread between humans and animals and requires a six to eight week treatment where you can not work.

She will give me no details about this contagion and instead keeps telling me that if I do not meet her I will get sued by all my friends who contract the contagion from me.

When I said I would go to Dr tomorrow and get a blood test she said it would take two weeks for test results to come back. Which is BS because the blood testing lab is in the same building as my Dr. Last time I had a blood test done I think the results were back in a day or two.

Now I am trying to find someone who can be at my place when she comes for her stuff. I will put it all on front porch so she will have no need to enter my home. 'Course she can still do bad things to me even if someone else is there...
  • Wow....
  • Evil ex is supposed to come by next week and get her stuff. Her new desire for me to meet her somewhere is based on a story about a contagion. Apparently I now have a super contagious something that is spread between humans and animals and requires a six to eight week treatment where you can not work.

She will give me no details about this contagion and instead keeps telling me that if I do not meet her I will get sued by all my friends who contract the contagion from me.

When I said I would go to Dr tomorrow and get a blood test she said it would take two weeks for test results to come back. Which is BS because the blood testing lab is in the same building as my Dr. Last time I had a blood test done I think the results were back in a day or two.

Now I am trying to find someone who can be at my place when she comes for her stuff. I will put it all on front porch so she will have no need to enter my home. 'Course she can still do bad things to me even if someone else is there...
    I would put the stuff in a storage somewhere and send her the key or give the storage place permission for her to access it.