This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Dating

Comments

• edited May 2013
    Yeah, I was looking at PODS and such. Storage locker is a good idea but I do not have a vehicle capable of moving large items of furniture.

When I told her that it is too late since I was at Anime Boston 'spreading the disease' and she would be at fault for not informing me of my condition she changed from knowing earlier to only knowing later (that and telling me there was no anime event in Boston this past weekend). Which is funny because she said she started her treatment last Tuesday. That and her testing was done BEFORE I kicked her out!
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
  • Steve, you should definitely write up this relationship and sell it as a horror story.
  • Steve, you should definitely write up this relationship and sell it as a horror story.
    The chemist I am dating has told me that she does not want crazy ex to know about her existence.
  • I was going to ask: "Does your new lady friend know about the crazy ex, and what does she think about the situation?" Keeping her out of the picture entirely is exactly the right thing to do!
  • yea but if she's that crazy she'll find out somehow.
  • I would rather my new woman get angry about what I do tell her than what I do not tell her. I expect the same from her.
  • I mean tell her anything she wants to know... but don't tell the ex!
  • I mean tell her anything she wants to know... but don't tell the ex!
    That is what I am doing! Crazy ex fluctuates between sanity and insanity. Sometimes she is angry and full of legal threats then morphs back into 'give me one more chance' conciliatory tone.

So glad she is gone.
  • "Give me one more chance" does not count as sanity.
  • That is Cray Balls McCrayCray
    "Sanity Departed"
  • Crazy ex needs to be a indie film.
  • I would honestly hire some cheap moving company to take it to her place or location so you no longer have to be involved.

If you are involved to where you have to meet face to face, perhaps record it? Or is that legal?

And shame on you Steve for passing the plague at AB.
  • I told her I would have people over to move her things out of the house and now she is mad. Threatening court action if I touch her stuff! Stuff that she left all over the house. Stuff I have to touch just to get around the house!

She is not coming in my house and my friends are only offering curbside delivery.
  • edited May 2013
    This girl keeps upping the crazy ante even when it seems she's hit Peak Crazy. You should just get a restraining order drawn up and be done with it.

I'm pretty glad my only crazy ex was "extreme emotional instability" crazy and not "stab me in my sleep" crazy.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Restraining order is sounding more like the best option here.
  • Restraining order is sounding more like the best option here.
    I think deep inside he doesn't want one because the crazy is too entertaining.
  • News: apparently her dogs are in quarantine and she was in quarantine at hospital for 36 hours and given three shots a day. I am curious to know what this mystery illness is.

I know there are some disease knowledgeable people on the forum so... What is sop when someone comes in with a contagion. Is there any questioning of where they have been in hopes of containing the disease? I don't believe a word of what she is saying and I think she just googled something and is working off of Wikipedia.
  • edited May 2013
    I work on the administrative side of it, so I really can't help you there. Isn't Aiyakiu a nurse? Send her a PM.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Ask her the hospital name and the name of her primary physician during her stay.
  • edited May 2013
    As well as a scanned copy of discharge papers.

However, per Andy's suggestion, you can easily Google that info. You can't cold call a hospital to ask that doctor for privileged information. That's a huge HIPAA violation.
  • I would have less doubts if she had claimed to have went to psychiatrist or something.
  • Is it not possible to verify if someone visited the hospital for a certain period of time?
  • Just pretend to be a visitor and ask for her room number.
  • edited May 2013
    Is it not possible to verify if someone visited the hospital for a certain period of time?
    Nope. Not unless you are a cop with some sort of authorization. Even if you're a family member or spouse, hospitals can't give them any information if you're admitted or at an outpatient visit if you request for it to be private. If you have a POA on file, then you have some access.

Finally all my yearly privacy training is making good use.
  • She will not give name of hospital or vet. Nor will she tell me the name of the contagion. I expected at least some research into this new ruse on her end!

Then again, at one point she told me she got in a car wreck, went into cardiac arrest (twice) and was released from hospital all in the same day. An accident that occurred in western MA while she was living in central CT.
  • Stop asking for details. You're just giving her something to keep delving into. Just give her shit back (regardless of her threats) and sever all ties. Stop poking the crazy.
  • Stop asking for details. You're just giving her something to keep delving into. Just give her shit back (regardless of her threats) and sever all ties. Stop poking the crazy.
    The problem is that poking the crazy is fun until it explodes and gets all over everybody. Perhaps he's too confident in the quality of his crazy armor.

The problem is that poking the crazy is fun until it explodes and gets all over everybody. Perhaps he's too confident in the quality of his crazy armor.

I am asking for details because I don't believe her stories.

Looks like Chemist is more sane than I, she is cutting her losses and ending the relationship.