This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Dating

Comments

• edited June 2013
    Yeah. She wants a bit of a break from me right now but I definitely plan on staying friends. Also the age effect is compunded by me being approximately a decade younger than you. (16, 17 in 9 days.)
    Post edited by Pegu on
  • :3 Old man WuB.
  • You are a decade younger than me. Not a decade younger than Wub.
  • Stop reminding me how old I am!
  • edited June 2013
    Stop reminding me how old I am!
    What, getting married, buying a house, & talking about kids doesn't do that already? (;

NEXT STOP: Retirement!
    Post edited by no fun girl on
  • next stop, wobbledi-wobblede-drop, into my grave plot.
  • Few things I have recently learned:

1) if a woman files a restraining order against a man it will be approved. There is nothing the man can do to stop it.

I saw one at court where the woman allowed the man to fix the brakes on her car after the aledged incident that required the restraining order. The woman also had zero evidence to back up her claims (threats were over text) and the guy had a lawyer with him. The order was still approved!

2) If one of the parties used to work in that courthouse you have already lost.

3) CT state law requires a 30 day notice for a tenant to get their stuff. If you don't know where the tenant is you just send a certified letter to their last address and if it is returned to your as undeliverable that is proof enough that you tried.

4) Control freaks are super vindictive. Nothing pisses them off more than when the person they think they are controlling breaks free.

5) Social workers from DCF are cool people and if you are honest with them they will try to help you in your situation.
  • edited June 2013
    I have a crush on someone and I'm going to ask them out at the next con we're at together.

I'm confident about it. Yeah, there's a chance they'll say no, but if we can't be lovey dovey, I'd like to be friends or something. I'm pretty casual about this.

I kinda wish I would get asked out though. I get tired being the outgoing one.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • Man, true dat. It's just a nice confidence booster to have someone approach you in that way.
  • Viga, I'm already taken sorry :-p
  • Oh you! *sitcom laugh track*
  • *turns into Bishounen self*
    Oh, Viga-chan, How unfortunate am I that our conventions never overlap, if only to think you were talking about me.

For real, though, good luck!
  • Viga, I'm already taken sorry :-p
    You beat me too it so I'll add," I don't know Viga, long distance doesn't work so well."
  • But Viga, I don't go to cons.
  • But Viga Black Dynamite, I don't go to cons sell drugs in the community.
  • I will shake that smack right out of your little body.
  • But Viga Black Dynamite, I don't go to cons sell drugs in the community.
    Best Movie Evaaa!!!

• Damn it Viga now I wanna know who it is and if I know them
  • edited June 2013
    But Viga Black Dynamite, I don't go to cons sell drugs in the community.
    Dy no mite! Dy no mite!
    Damn it Viga now I wanna know who it is and if I know them
    If I end up dating them, you'll find out. ^_^
    Post edited by Viga on
  • I have a crush on someone and I'm going to ask them out at the next con we're at together.

I'm confident about it. Yeah, there's a chance they'll say no, but if we can't be lovey dovey, I'd like to be friends or something. I'm pretty casual about this.

Flirt MERCILESSLY. Shameless flirting tells you quite a bit about the inclinations of the other person.

• I have a crush on someone and I'm going to ask them out at the next con we're at together.

Flirt MERCILESSLY. Shameless flirting tells you quite a bit about the inclinations of the other person.

I agree. That's how I got Karl.
  • *takes notes.*

I was actually at a happy hour brony party tonight and kinda testing my flirting. Sigh, I think I just come off as just a really friendly girl. Not that that's a bad thing, I have a lot of friends that way, but sigh, I'm not so obvious.
  • I asked Karl about this, he said if I never asked him if he was single, he'd never known I was flirting with him. haha.
  • I think this is a problem when you're trying to be an anti-nice-guy. You try to assume that friendliness and compliments, despite your wishes otherwise, are just attempts to be nice.
    As a guy, I generally get it when the girl is a bit more physical after we've hung out for a while. Tickling, playful shoving, nothing too far. If she is comfortable with letting you sit on her bed for extended periods of time and seems to touch you a lot, then I generally get the idea that there is some interest.
  • I'm not sure if I've done it yet, but I have to promote my favorite blog related to dating and starting relationships.

http://www.doctornerdlove.com/

Fantastic information, he focuses on geeky men but his blogs can apply to anyone, as he's a major geek and former member of the Pick-Up Artist Community. (He's now married and has an incredible wife) It's taught me everything from value, to confidence, to making your interest in another person known and how you can learn from pop culture and what values are total BS.

With my online relationship, I'm extremely confident with our future. But I don't know what gets to me, there's this... strange modicum of doubt I have just about what will things be like when we finally meet physically. I'm totally attracted to her and she's into me, but I guess I'm curious about her own self-doubt. Even though we had a big "I love you for all these reasons" talk, she commonly states how she's awkward, dorky in a bookworm way, and gets embarrassed over the mushy stuff. (It makes her blush, etc)

I have that feeling of "Fear is the mind-killer" whenever I question what the meet up will be like, but this is happening more often. Maybe I need to push the envelope and ask more serious questions about our relationships and about her true feelings.
  • I found out about Doctor Nerdlove two weeks ago. It's all male POV advice, but a lot of it is general and well written. I love it.
  • Our college friend Lara wrote a bunch of geek love advice stuff for The Escapist, but it hasn't updated since 2011.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/lovefaq
  • edited June 2013
    Oh god, a girl I went on dates with runs a love advice column? Maybe I can figure out how that went south :-p Oh, was from 2011 :-p
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • I guess I fundamentally don't understand relationships. Combine that with deadened affect and fight or flight responses to emotional intimacy and I'm vastly happier when single.
  • I have a male friend who will, after a little while of flirting, straight-up say, "By the way, I'm enjoying flirting with you -- are you cool with that?" While a bit unconventional, this serves two purposes: 1) confirms flirtations in a confident manner, and 2) gives the other person a chance to graciously tell you to slow your roll.