This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Dating

Comments

• My ex-gf pretty much did the same thing.
  • That's a smart, slick move.
  • My girlfriend always makes fun of me for our first kiss, because I asked so plainly if I could kiss her. But like, even if it seems like everything is going a certain way, there's always a chance of misreading the signals and it never hurts to run a quick check on yourself and the situation.
  • I don't ask for things or try things. It doesn't even occur to me.
  • Was pretty awkward when I asked my ex-gf (while she was my gf) if I could put my hand over her shoulder during a movie.
  • My girlfriend always makes fun of me for our first kiss, because I asked so plainly if I could kiss her. But like, even if it seems like everything is going a certain way, there's always a chance of misreading the signals and it never hurts to run a quick check on yourself and the situation.
    Was pretty awkward when I asked my ex-gf (while she was my gf) if I could put my hand over her shoulder during a movie.
    It is ALWAYS awkward. The hollywood doesn't exist. Once you cross the awkward wall, it is all good.
  • edited June 2013
    you should have seem my marriage proposal. Romantic I am not. "Would you be willing to enter a mutual beneficial relationship status for child rearing and mutual care with me?"

But yea anyway, what you are talking about is ALWAYS AWKWARD. Unless they completely throw themselves on you OR put their arm around you ;-p
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • you should have seem my marriage proposal. Romantic I am not. "Would you be willing to enter a mutual beneficial relationship status for child rearing and mutual care with me?"
    Swoon.
  • I've done very, VERY awkward before... and I've done not-even-slightly awkward. Many times. It doesn't always have to be awkward! I've had a few Hollywood-style hookups and relationships.

Admittedly, some of the first kisses were Hollywood-style, in a teen comedy nerd's first kiss awkward kinda way. But not all!
  • The first kiss with my ex-gf was hilarious. It was a long distance relationship. We had watched movies in the past over skype together and wished we could makeout when they were over. So, I was at her place, and our movie ended, and I said, "This is the first movie we've watched that we can kiss at the end of." She was extremely nervous so she ran to get the disk from the player and messed around with the tv for a bit before settling down for the kiss.
  • When it comes to first kisses and hand holding and stuff, its more like a "you know when" sort of thing. Reading the mood and noticing the signs, or flashing the signs. I just always knew when it was right.

• I need instructions. Like a handbook. Formal, in writing, and notarized. And then it has to be approved by my committee.
  • I was leaving for the evening and my girlfriend asked me to stay and make out. Subtly is not our thing.
  • My very first kiss just sorta happened. I had already taken to cheek/forehead kisses, and pulling away from one of those she just sorta went for it. Yeap.

The other two people I've kissed, we were just hanging out and it became obvious after a certain point that it was totally something that was okay to happen.
  • I don't even remember. I'm ok with that.
  • Oh yeah! First kiss...

I was 11 and it was at the pool and this other boy liked me so I kissed him. I was just a kid. ^_^
  • "I'll trade you my first kiss for yours."
  • Since I waited until later in life, I don't think I've ever really had an awkward kissing situation. I will admit that the first time I did it (which incidentally was with my current gf, though years before we actually got together), I was pretty bad at it. But we were drunk, so whatever. The next time I made out with a girl, she forced herself on me, with the intent of teaching me how to get better at it.

About a year later, my gf was staying at my place after our friends' wedding, and I had changed so much physically and in confidence that she kissed me good night. Later she told me she did that because "[she] felt like [she] had to."

Then I took a wrong turn and dated someone for about a month before realizing it was a bad mistake. Once again though, she initiated, and it was never awkward. And then after that ended, my gf was in town one weekend. We were hanging out and after everyone left, she said to me, "I know what you want. Get over here."

So my advice to guys (and girls). Make yourselves desirable and you'll never have to ask. Thus, you can never be awkward!
  • Oh, you can still be awkward.
  • Oh, you can still be awkward.
    Only if you get propositioned by someone you don't want to make out with :P
  • Flirt MERCILESSLY. Shameless flirting tells you quite a bit about the inclinations of the other person.
    Nuri has this amazing propensity to speak TRUTH.

• True story.

A girl I knew in high school asked me to be her first kiss.
  • edited June 2013
    I think I just been asked out. By a girl. For a date. WITH COMICS AND WINE!

*Viga face is in a shocked state*

A fun, quirky, attractive girl may be in to me!

Post edited by Viga on
  • edited June 2013

A fun, quirky, attractive girl may be into me!

Post edited by HMTKSteve on
  • Be careful, you might secretly be in an indie romcom.
  • Update: I'm doing OKCupid in Chicago.
  • Be careful, you might secretly be in an indie romcom.
    Me and Jed made this joke. I'm the protagonist of an indie movie.
  • Not exactly dating but one thing have noticed is that since my divorce I have moved far to the left on social issues while my ex wife has moved far to the right on those same issues.

While I thought the new Bert and Ernie New Yorker cover was awesome she acted offended over it. Weird eh?
  • I really liked the one with the one with Lady Justice kissing the statue of liberty, that was a good one.
  • That was a good one.

One problem I have had due to this shift is finding someone near my age with similar views. Most of the free woman I find near me (age and geography) tend to be either religious or social cons. I find myself having more in common politically with younger women in my area. Problem there is that I don't want to be the creepy old guy hitting on the younger womenz!