This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Dating

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Churba doesn't have to worry about culture. "Awesome" is culturally transcendant.
    Hey, I know some immigration attourneys. You never know...
    I may be in need of their services - I have an upcoming consultation with the consulate, though it isn't for a little while, yet.
    The lawyers I know mostly deal with Hispanic immigration cases, but if you have questions, they could probably answer a few of them. Dunno if they'd take you on as a client, though.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • What is a feminazi?
    Basically an extreme term of a feminist that would claim that women are superior to men and men are the cause of all problems in the world. Something to that extent.
  • What is a feminazi?
    Nobody uses that word anymore, it's a completely antiquated term. I was using it for hyperbolic effect.
  • edited February 2011
    Basically an extreme term of a feminist that would claim that women are superior to men and men are the cause of all problems in the world. Something to that extent.
    Yep. That's the jist of it.
    What is a feminazi?
    Nobody uses that word anymore, it's a completely antiquated term. I was using it for hyperbolic effect.
    I use it when it fits. For example, my mother's aunt is a feminazi.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • What is a feminazi?
    But you are in actuality a misogynist, right? I just want to know why I'm ignoring you before I start to.
  • The lawyers I know mostly deal with Hispanic immigration cases, but if you have questions, they could probably answer a few of them. Dunno if they'd take you on as a client, though.
    That would be much appreciated, either way - I've been looking at US immigration laws and visas, and jaysus, is some of it fucking impenetrable to your average layperson. Client or not, any help on some of this stuff would be mighty appreciated.
  • edited February 2011
    I use it when it fits. For example, my mother's aunt is a feminazi.
    It can still fit but it's like referring to your cellphone as a telegraphic speech device.
    But you are in actuality a misogynist, right? I just want to know why I'm ignoring you before I start to.
    In the literal sense? Definitely not. Misogyny is irrational.
    Post edited by Kaptain K on
  • edited February 2011
    double post
    Post edited by Kaptain K on
  • It can still fit but it's like referring to your cellphone as a telegraphic speech device.
    Oh no, It fits perfectly - His Aunt only hates Jewish and Gypsy men.
  • It can still fit but it's like referring to your cellphone as a telegraphic speech device.
    "You got your misandry in my racism!"
    "You got your racism in my misandry!"
  • edited February 2011
    I likeyou Grey. You are pretty.
    I'm going to take that as a compliment because I don't get nearly enough of those as of late. Thank you.
    You're completely wrong about gays and women having any type of fellowship though. You guys wanting to vote and us trying not to get harassed by society at large isn't something we can relate to eachother about.
    No sort of fellowship? Both are oppressed on the authority of books written over periods of hundreds of years, several hundred years ago. Both were and are still are considered of unsound mind by segments of the population that regularly influences current US policy, and similar groups have equivalent and greater influence worldwide. These groups do not share all of the same problems, but many of them are the same and stem from the same sources. Look at the civil rights movement in the United States during the 1960's. It wasn't just black people marching for their rights, there were women in that crowd too and they were marching alongside gays and lesbians. If that is not some sort of fellowship, then what is?

EDIT: I told you discussion would get heavy, I started writing this and by the time I was done it was already halfway down the page.
    Post edited by GreyHuge on
  • I've also been called a racist, an anti-semite and a zionist. If you try to sum people up like that, you never have the whole story.
  • edited February 2011
    Misandranist would be a better term than feminazi.

@KK: WOE KITTEN!!
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I've also been called a racist, an anti-semite and a zionist. If you try to sum people up like that, you never have the whole story.
    I wouldn't call you a Anti-semite or a Zionist - Compared to one of the crazy fucks I saw guest lecturing at Leeds uni with my housemate, You're practically a Rabbi. Jesus, this guy set the bar and then some.
  • No sort of fellowship?I understand this might be difficult for you to understand but just because it's all logical and there's plenty of correlation in your mind, that doesn't mean a thing.
  • I likeyou Grey. You are pretty.
    I'm going to take that as a compliment because I don't get nearly enough of those as of late. Thank you.
    You gotta get yourself a fedora. Ever since I started wearing one, I've been getting a ton of compliments, many from cute ladies.
  • edited February 2011
    I understand this might be difficult for you to understand but just because it's all logical and there's plenty of correlation in your mind, that doesn't mean a thing.
    Also, the opinion of one gay man does not necessarily represent the opinion of the entire gay community.

This is important to understand as well.

I've known plenty of gay men who feel solidarity with women and plenty who don't. Parallels exist, as do distinctions that account for individual variations in experience.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • edited February 2011
    Because this is the cry of most Misogynistic Wankers who want it to be acceptable when they have a view which is illogical, sexist, and in reality indefensible - "Oh yeah, well you just disagree with me because you're a Hysterical Feminazi!" - as if that justifies their point of view and baseless assertions, while casting doubt upon your own. It is the equivalent of "Male Chauvinist pig" being thrown out by a feminist who has confused feminism with Misandry - the very same "Feminazis" that the person throwing out the term is usually accusing you of being, for disagreeing with them. It's nothing more than a desperate, weak defense, the argumentative equivalent of "You can't do carpentry, You're a woman", or "You can't be a mechanic, you're a gay!", or "You can't be a hairdresser, You're a straight guy!", or "You can't be a truck driver, you're a straight woman!" or "You can't be an athiest, you're from Utah, mormon central!" or "You can't be a lawyer, you're black!" or "You can't rap, you're white!" or any other fucking "You Can't (something), you're (Something that isn't stereotypically associated with that thing, or is stereotypically associated with something else)."
    Hey, this post is so meta. Did you stop and consider that he may have legitimate reasons for calling me a feminazi? No, instead you called him a misogynist wanker and decided that that he was striking out at me from ignorance. Way to go. I would rather have him explain his reasoning. (Although in actuality you are probably right)
    I've also been called a racist, an anti-semite and a zionist. If you try to sum people up like that, you never have the whole story.
    Then maybe you should OUTLINE YOUR POSITIONS instead of giving us scraps to extrapolate from, so that we may grok your philosophy in its fullness.
    I understand this might be difficult for you to understand but just because it's all logical and there's plenty of correlation in your mind, that doesn't mean a thing.
    So there is no common ground between gays and women at all, alright. Is there also no common ground between gays and humans? This may seem like a non-sequitur, but it seems to me that gays at least share in the daily struggles that all humans deal with, and women are human beings, are they not? Do you think gays exist entirely separate from all of mankind?
  • GreyHuge what are you talking about.
  • Hey, this post is so meta. Did you stop and consider that he may have legitimate reasons for calling me a feminazi? No, instead you called him a misogynist wanker and decided that that he was striking out at me from ignorance. Way to go. I would rather have him explain his reasoning. (Although in actuality you are probably right)
    Nope, because I have the ability to read what you wrote already. And, I do kinda know you.
  • edited February 2011
    GreyHuge what are you talking about.
    I don't understand what you mean, weren't we having a discussion? Perhaps you could be more specific as to what is causing your confusion. As my parents often tell me: I CAN'T READ YOUR MIND.

EDIT:
    Nope, because I have the ability to read what you wrote already. And, I do kinda know you.
    Alright cool, we should talk about this whole thing when I get home so that I can get an outside view of this whole thing. It's quite exhausting.
  • Do you think gays exist entirely separate form all of mankind?
    We're mostly human, yes. What's your point?
  • To respond to ScoJo who responded to me two pages back, no, I don't think I have that problem. I just don't really feel all that attracted to her or intrigued by many of her interests. She's really funny, but I don't really see much more than that in her at this point.
  • edited February 2011
    We're mostly human, yes. What's your point?
    Then can't it be said that Gays, being mostly human, can share at least some form of solidarity and fellowship with women, also mostly being human.
  • We're mostly human, yes. What's your point?
    Then can't it be said that Gays, being mostly human, can share at least some form of solidarity and fellowship with women, also mostly being human.
    This is the most asinine logical gymnastics ever.
  • This is the most asinine logical gymnastics ever.
    I don't think this is "extremely stupid or foolish." Perhaps we can get a third opinion. Does anyone have a well thought out opinion of the preceeding discussion?
  • Does anyone have a well thought out opinion of the preceeding discussion?
    Bitches be crazy.

"Bitch" is gender-neutral.
  • Just hug it out.
  • To respond to ScoJo who responded to me two pages back, no, I don't think I have that problem. I just don't really feel all that attracted to her or intrigued by many of her interests. She's really funny, but I don't really see much more than that in her at this point.
    Need pic!