This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Dating

Comments

• I just found out that the super cute girl that works the help desk at my work is single. We've been hitting it off for a while and WOW does she have the most beautiful brown eyes I've ever seen, but I've never asked her out because (as cute as she is) I thought for sure she'd have a boyfriend. In conversation, I asked her how her valentines day was and if her boyfriend did anything special with her, and she told me she didn't have a boyfriend.

Also, I asked her out to lunch tomorrow. Been kinda floatin since. ^_^
  • I suggest you climb a tree in front of her house and spy on her changing. Then as her father is driving down the street fall out of the tree and let him hit you with his car.
    ^_~
  • Hey you, get your damn hands off her!
  • edited February 2011
    I suggest you climb a tree in front of her house and spy on her changing. Then as her father is driving down the street fall out of the tree and let him hit you with his car.
    Well aren't you such a fly guy. *ba dum gunshot*
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • I suggest you climb a tree in front of her house and spy on her changing. Then as her father is driving down the street fall out of the tree and let him hit you with his car.
    Well aren't you such a fly guy.
    I would even say he's...McFly! ZING!

Yes, that was terrible.
  • thatsthejoke.jpeg
  • ... I asked her out to lunch tomorrow. Been kinda floatin since. ^_^
    Wait sir, did you just travel to the past just to tell us that?
  • edited February 2011
    ... I asked her out to lunch tomorrow. Been kinda floatin since. ^_^
    Hence while I suggested the tree thing. I mean I knew he had time travel powers...
    Post edited by KapitänTim on
  • No, he's obviously hitting on Kaptain K, since he's the resident trap.
    :|
  • ... I asked her out to lunch tomorrow. Been kinda floatin since. ^_^
    Hence while I suggested the tree thing. I mean I knew he had time travel powers...
  • Okay, so we had lunch together today, but I think I need to make my feelings more clear. During conversation, she said she got out of her last relationship because the two of them didn't see each other much and that she "liked being single". So tomorrow I'm gonna lay it on the line and tell her how I feel and, if she responds favorably, ask her out on a real date.
  • My boyfriend is going on a week-long vacation to Japan without me and he leaves tonight.

• The girl from my Alg II class has intrigued my friends from my old school, and they invited her to come play some introductory DnD. I told her about this and she was very excited. "I'd really like to meet your friends" and all that.

Things are lookin' up for Joshy F.
  • The girl from my Alg II class has intrigued my friends from my old school, and they invited her to come play some introductory DnD. I told her about this and she was very excited. "I'd really like to meet your friends" and all that.

Things are lookin' up for Joshy F.
  • I think that's meant to be a form of human congratulations.
  • I think that's meant to be a form of human congratulations.
    Agreed.
  • I know, I was only playin'. I also have been holding onto that picture for awhile, so I kinda jumped the gun.
  • Similar thing happened to me today. Unfortunately, said girl is constantly with a guy who is either her best guy friend or boyfriend. I have no idea which, and I'm not sure I'll ever know. I like the guy, so I don't want to put him off, but this girl is quite pretty and interesting. I hate this situation.

I love the irony that I can tell you how a human works down to the molecular level, but I still can't tell you what makes them tick.
  • Technically, you can only easily work out how a very small area works at low levels. Complexity goes way up when you try to do the whole thing at once.
  • Who wants to smother me with sympathy? I'm sad too y'know.
  • edited February 2011
    Technically, you can only easily work out how a very small area works at low levels. Complexity goes way up when you try to do the whole thing at once.
    More or less what I meant.

Fucking systems biology man.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Similar thing happened to me today. Unfortunately, said girl is constantly with a guy who is either her best guy friend or boyfriend. I have no idea which, and I'm not sure I'll ever know.
    Well you could, y'know, ask.
  • Similar thing happened to me today. Unfortunately, said girl is constantly with a guy who is either her best guy friend or boyfriend. I have no idea which, and I'm not sure I'll ever know.
    Whoa whoa whoa. That would make sense. We're nerds. We can't do that. Better to concoct some elaborate scenario to find out.
    Whoa whoa whoa. That would make sense. We're nerds. We can't do that. Better to concoct some elaborate scenario to find out.
    A Rube Goldberg machine of social interactions? I like it.
  • edited February 2011
    Similar thing happened to me today. Unfortunately, said girl is constantly with a guy who is either her best guy friend or boyfriend. I have no idea which, and I'm not sure I'll ever know. I like the guy, so I don't want to put him off, but this girl is quite pretty and interesting. I hate this situation.

I love the irony that I can tell you how a human works down to the molecular level, but I still can't tell you what makes them tick.
    Dude, just chillax and let the tempest work itself out into a nice calm beach.
    I have stopped worrying about that kind of stuff and life have being pretty great recently :P
    Post edited by Erwin on
    As I stated, I have the rest of a semester to work across from these two every Friday for two to four hours. So the last thing I need is someone thinking I'm making eyes at his girl when really I'm just trying to do my lab.
    As I stated, I have the rest of a semester to work across from these two every Friday for two to four hours. So the last thing I need is someone thinking I'm making eyes at his girl when really I'm just trying to do my lab.
    It is good to focus on a lab, you do not want to end up like him:
  • what is this i dont even.