This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Dating

Comments

• "I AM SUCH A PARAGON."
    That may be true, but I'll still punch a reporter.
    Watch yo back, Jason.
    To be fair, I am sick of his disingenuous assertions.
  • Yup :( I mean it wasn't an actual date or anything but we were going to play Custom Robo together again and watch Red.
    That's an ideal date.
  • Yup :( I mean it wasn't an actual date or anything but we were going to play Custom Robo together again and watch Redline.
    That's an ideal date.
  • Well, Redline is playing in the Campus alt cinema thing in December...
  • edited September 2011
    If she enjoys it, then that's a definite plus, almost near the keeper level, I'd say. ;D

In other news, Crazy-Girl-I-Slept-With actually came through and told our mutual friends about our ordeal. Apparently, from what I've gather, their collective reaction can be summed with one image.

Post edited by La Petit Mort on
  • There's a cute girl that I'm about 60 percent sure likes me. So far, I've learned that she loves Star Trek, Doctor Who, and enjoys board games. Moreover, I unintentionally got her into MLP last night, and she really likes it. What's better, I'm going to spend a significant part of Wednesday-Saturday hanging out with her at school clubs and the like. We'll see how this turns out.
  • You asshole.
    But good luck, nonetheless! I wish you great success.

Also, tell her "Welcome to the herd" for me.
  • Also, tell her "Welcome to the herd" for me.
    You guys are some creepy motherfuckers.
  • Also, tell her "Welcome to the herd" for me.
    You guys are some creepy motherfuckers.
    Thank you!
  • It would seem that my girlfriend and I have fallen into a pattern of texting in the morning between classes, chatting on the phone or over the Internet most nights, and visiting each other about every two weeks. If things continue to work this well, I'll be glad to forget that the turkey dump is a thing.
  • Or, you won't mind because you'll find someone cuter ;D
  • She has a girlfriend :(
  • *cue Reel Big Fish song* "She has a girlfriend now, da-dah-nahnahnahnah!"
    Aww, well. You can be like those girls in sitcoms who have a male gay best friend, and instead of talking about about girly stuff, you can talk about vidjergames.
  • Had a successful date last night with a new game design student - started as a random meetup at a coffee place on campus in the evening, and turned into a walk/talk around campus that went until about 5AM. This was after I asked her out on a date sometime the previous night, so we both agreed that last night was fun, and we should keep seeing each other.

• edited September 2011
    Congrats, dude. Way to meet people.

Also, if she can introduce me to people, that would be totally awesome. *Thumbs up*
    Post edited by Axel on
  • Congrats, dude. Way to meet people.

Also, if she can introduce me to people, that would be totally awesome. *Thumbs up*
    Met her at the LAN party, so it can't hurt to be social at nerdy events.
  • Congrats, dude. Way to meet people.

Met her at the LAN party, so it can't hurt to be social at nerdy events.
    I had things to do...I actually have things to do every Saturday...Crap...That blows.
  • Damn son, good job there. You always seem to meet someone at the LAN parties.
  • WOW

Updates when I'm not supposed to be sleeping for my 10AM class.
  • Alright, so this tiny, gorgeous redhead I got rejected by last semester just asked me out. Said that "It was just bad timing, I thought you were charming, attractive and smart". My problem used to be that I couldn't find anyone worth dating, now it feels like I'm being romantically drawn and quartered. This is probably one of the better problems to have.
  • Alright, so this tiny, gorgeous redhead I got rejected by last semester just asked me out. Said that "It was just bad timing, I thought you were charming, attractive and smart". My problem used to be that I couldn't find anyone worth dating, now it feels like I'm being romantically drawn and quartered. This is probably one of the better problems to have.
    Tread carefully Gunter. In matters of love it is easy to get hurt and to hurt in turn.
  • edited October 2011
    Alright, so this tiny, gorgeous redhead I got rejected by last semester just asked me out. Said that "It was just bad timing, I thought you were charming, attractive and smart". My problem used to be that I couldn't find anyone worth dating, now it feels like I'm being romantically drawn and quartered. This is probably one of the better problems to have.
    Tread carefully Gunter. In matters of love it is easy to get hurt and to hurt in turn.
    No shit. :P

Sorry, that was a dickish way of putting it. The long version: I've been seriously hurt in the past by somebody who was in this very situation, so at the very least I know what not to do.
    Post edited by Walker on
  • Timing is a horrible thing ...

personally I live with my ex-girlfriend and her boyfriend, neither has to pay rent. I'm just that goddamn lonely, that I'd rather have somebody around and I don't know many other people I can stand the company of. Son of a bitch... and I'm twenty-fuckin'-six.
  • personally I live with my ex-girlfriend and her boyfriend, neither has to pay rent. I'm just that goddamn lonely, that I'd rather have somebody around and I don't know many other people I can stand the company of. Son of a bitch... and I'm twenty-fuckin'-six.
    Note, you should get out of that situation, also, 26 is pretty darn young. You have plenty of time to get relationship stuff together. Seriously though as soon as you can get other rooming situations. You won't be able to pursue a relationship living with your Ex.
  • personally I live with my ex-girlfriend and her boyfriend, neither has to pay rent. I'm just that goddamn lonely, that I'd rather have somebody around and I don't know many other people I can stand the company of. Son of a bitch... and I'm twenty-fuckin'-six.
    Note, you should get out of that situation, also, 26 is pretty darn young. You have plenty of time to get relationship stuff together. Seriously though as soon as you can get other rooming situations. You won't be able to pursue a relationship living with your Ex.
    Yeah, why are living with your ex?
    Yeah, why are living with your ex?
    Why aren't they paying rent and how can I get in on this deal???
  • I could be your ex if you like.
  • edited October 2011
    So, to provide the update that I mentioned a few days ago...

So I started using OkCupid during the summer, because your guys' posts intrigued me. I finally actually met someone from there in person, a student at Nazareth (like, a 15-20 minute drive from RIT). We got along, and after a few complications, we sort of fell into a relationshippy thing...It's not official yet because of minor complications, but I'm pretty sure we both want it to be official and are working on it. We'll see what happens over the next few weeks.

Also, she's a cute art girl. Thanks for the advice, Rym.
    Post edited by Axel on
  • That might be a boo-yah.
  • But it's more relevant in the dating thread...

But it was a personal booh yah. Kisses!!! Also, CUDDLING.