This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

PAX 2010. East Coast. Be there.

Comments

• Jeremy and I will be bringing Dominion with all the expansions and possibly a few other games if we can manage to fit it in our luggage.
    Awesome, but you might want to pack smaller games, and/or games that are less likely to already be available over here :)
    Yeah, I'll have to look through my collection, however Dominion is a must. Jeremy won't mind carrying it around. We have all the cards fit into one box. We also have the promo cards as well: Envoy and Black Market. I'm not sure if you've played with those, yet. ^_~
  • Yeah, I'll have to look through my collection, however Dominion is a must. Jeremy won't mind carrying it around. We have all the cards fit into one box. We also have the promo cards as well:EnvoyandBlack Market. I'm not sure if you've played with those, yet. ^_~
    Yeah, we've got that. I played Seaside for the first time ever tonight. We played with Seaside cards only. It's CRAZY. I got my ass kicked trying to use my regular Dominion strategy.
  • Yeah, we've got that. I played Seaside for the first time ever tonight. We played with Seaside cards only. It's CRAZY. I got my ass kicked trying to use my regular Dominion strategy.
    Even though we have Seaside, I've never played with them. I just seem to not be at the games with those cards. I will have to try them sometime.
  • Do not worry we will give you them. It's a certainty considering the awesome magic that is PAX.
    You have never been to PAX. Not that it's not great, but aren't you just going on second-hand info?
  • GeoGeo
    edited January 2010
    Do not worry we will give you them. It's a certainty considering the awesome magic that is PAX.
    You have never been to PAX. Not that it's not great, but aren't you just going on second-hand info?
    Well if one finds that a large group of people (not just here) give similar sounding reports and opinions, isn't it enough to go on? That's how I was about the recommendations Scrym gave me, I was skeptical at first, but when I found similar opinions amongst others; that was what convinced me.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • edited January 2010
    Looks like I'll be able to afford everything, but if anyone's staying 26th through 29th (Monday) and needs an extra roommate I'd really like it!

EDIT: Meaning I'd like to spend less on hotel than getting a room to myself, and I'd like to chill with awesome people.
    Post edited by YoshoKatana on
  • Got my tickets a few days ago. Hopefully I'll meet up with my old EGS buddies there.
  • Looks like I'll be able to afford everything, but if anyone's staying 26th through 29th (Monday) and needs an extra roommate I'd really like it!

EDIT: Meaning I'd like to spend less on hotel than getting a room to myself, and I'd like to chill with awesome people.
    I'm awesome, and I'm staying 26th-29th.
  • I'm bummed that I can't be there for PAX East's first year. Money and time are just not plentiful enough right now. But, PAX West is only seven months away.
  • I'm attending, and writing up my Enforcer application right now. I'll be staying at the Boston Sheraton with my brother and I'm unbelievably excited. I'd had the plane tickets purchased since October to cut down on costs. However, I'm considering looking for one or two individuals to split the cost of the hotel room in the Sheraton, it's pricier than I'm comfortable with.

I'm unbelievably excited about this.
  • Quick question: I'm still waiting for my Enforcer application to be accepted/rejected. Should I pre-reg anyway, just because they're running out of tickets? Is there some kind of refund if I get accepted as enforcer? I'm wondering if current/past Enforcers have encountered this problem.
  • I've already pre-registered; I thought about applying for Enforcer but I figured I'd be better off keeping every spare moment I get, since this is already a very rare opportunity for me.
  • Quick question: I'm still waiting for my Enforcer application to be accepted/rejected. Should I pre-reg anyway, just because they're running out of tickets? Is there some kind of refund if I get accepted as enforcer? I'm wondering if current/past Enforcers have encountered this problem.
    Honestly I don't think they are turning people down (unless they have certain terms that are blacklist items) because they will probably need all the volunteer's they can get at this point.
    Honestly I don't think they are turning people down (unless they have certain terms that are blacklist items) because they will probably need all the volunteer's they can get at this point.
    Pretty sure Enforcers must be at least 18.
  • I answered 'How do you feel about working with a group?' with "I am a fully functional cog in the machine;" and I still got in.
  • Pretty sure Enforcers must be at least 18.
    I.E. a blacklist item would be age :-p
  • Yeah, I'm 99.9% sure I'll be accepted as Enforcer, I am just paranoid that if I don't (for some reason) I won't have time to pre-reg. I suppose I'll wait a few days and see. They seem to have a pretty good turnaround time with the applications.
  • Pretty much the only reason someone like you wouldn't be accepted is if they had enough enforcers already.
  • Oh mans. Birthday wish +1. I'm an Enforcer.
  • RymRym
    edited January 2010
    If anyone wants to be an Enforcer still, apply today! Tell them Rym/Scott/GeekNights sent you! I was personally asked today by PAX to get more good men and women to take up the Black. The con is already way, way bigger than they planned, and they need your help!
    Post edited by Rym on
  • Jeremy and I sent our applications last night. I also used Gauntlet Wizard as a reference along with Geek Nights.

I expect our response in a few days. I just wonder what I'm going to do with the badges I've already preregistered for. If anything I'm sure there will be people waiting in Boston, begging for PAX passes.
  • I expect our response in a few days. I just wonder what I'm going to do with the badges I've already preregistered for. If anything I'm sure there will be people waiting in Boston, begging for PAX passes.
    An Enforcer on the PAX Forum told me they'd reimburse, which is pretty cool.
  • An Enforcer on the PAX Forum told me they'd reimburse, which is pretty cool.
    I figured as much. Thanks for the info.
  • Enforcer application sent.
  • I would apply to be an enforcer, but I can't really take any time off work and I don't want to spend money on food, hotel and transportation when I am going to buy a car within the next month.
  • I think Rym's secret plan is to turn PAX east into FRC con...in two years he will attempt to take over the East coast operations and make it his own.
  • I think Rym's secret plan is to turn PAX east into FRC con...in two years he will attempt to take over the East coast operations and make it his own.
    Isn't that his plan for Otakon and every other con he has been to?
  • edited January 2010
    Oh, snap, I already received my Enforcer acceptance! Taking on the Black part. 2: East coast style. ^_^

Jeremy also has been accepted. Yay.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I'm considering being an Enforcer.

Here's a question for you all - if you could only go to a PAX once, would you be an Enforcer or not?

I ask because it's not often I'm able to go to a PAX, since I mostly reside in Australia.
  • I've been on the fence about being an Enforcer, but Nuri and I are going to the con together and honestly, I think I just want to take in PAX East as a con-goer. I very rarely take a real vacation; I think it might be nice to go with some people I know and just hang out for a weekend, rather than actually having to do something.

Perhaps I'll look at being an Enforcer next year.