This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Palin, Please Go Away.

Comments

• edited April 2011
    I don't want to get old and have the youth hate on me because they think I am causing all their problems.
    Welcome to my world when I'm reading comments on this forum like, "I wish all the old people would just hurry up and die" or "Let's start Carousel" or "Only old people listen to Glenn Beck" or "Only old people are conservative".
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • I don't want to get old and have the youth hate on me because they think I am causing all their problems.
    Welcome to my world when I'm reading comments on this forum like, "I wish all the old people would just hurry up and die" or "Let's start Carousel" or "Only old people listen to Glenn Beck" or "Only old people are conservative".
    If only you'd hurry up and die so that Churba can get those Kyu Sakamoto albums.
  • I don't want to get old and have the youth hate on me because they think I am causing all their problems.
    If only you'd hurry up and die so that Churba can get those Kyu Sakamoto albums.
    My Kyu Sakamoto albums are going to be burned along with me in the unlikely event of my death.
  • "I wish all the old people would just hurry up and die"
    Oh please, you're barely old. No, feel free to take some extra time dying.
  • edited April 2011
    I don't want to get old and have the youth hate on me because they think I am causing all their problems.
    My Kyu Sakamoto albums are going to be burned along with me in the unlikely event of my death.
    Liar!
    I want Churba to have my Kyu Sakamoto albums. Nine can have my TRS-80 Color Computer.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
    Liar!
    I want Churba to have my Kyu Sakamoto albums. Nine can have my TRS-80 Color Computer.
    I forgot. I'm old. So, Churba can have those. Since Nine is gone, do you want my CoCo?
    Of course, I'm not going to die, so this is all academic.
  • Don't worry about it. You're awesome, Joe.
    When I'm old, I imagine being just as angry at my fellow old people as I am at many currently old people. ;^)
  • When I'm old, I imagine being just as angry at my fellow old people as I am at many currently old people. ;^)
    All of those old people are already alive, and we are already angry at them.
  • edited April 2011
    I am angry at the stupid young people too! Old people aren't the ones who usually bully gay teenagers until they are suicidal. All you have to do is look at Facebook and you see a bunch of crazy woo and casual bigotry (and I'm not talking about 4-chan slur flinging, but real racists). Sure, old people tend to seem more conservative because many stop growing their views, but at the same time, you can't judge a person based on their age. Do you think elderly Aunt Martha in the cloud forest hates Spanish speaking people and gay people, likes war and not being charitable? Blaming all the old people for our trouble because they are statistically more conservative is like blaming all African Americans for inner city crime.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • edited April 2011
    I forgot. I'm old. So, Churba can have those. Since Nine is gone, do you want my CoCo?
    Of course, I'm not going to die, so this is all academic.
    I'll put in copies of The Who's Live at Leeds and My Generation albums in along with you, one of my Bix Beiderbecke records(like bullets shot from a bell, man), along with a half a pouch of fine tobacco and a good pipe.

Side note - I took breakfast every Sunday in the same room that the Live at Leeds Album was recorded. I also drank quite a bit there(Not usually at breakfast, though), and did karaoke. And I do indeed have a player that will play 78s, and Django Reinhardt is wicked.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • How Stooooopid.
  • As a Bostonite, I am in particular awe of this level of stupidity. I had to learn this shit in elementary, middle, and highschool; didn't she?
  • As a Bostonite, I am in particular awe of this level of stupidity. I had to learn this shit in elementary, middle, and highschool; didn't she?
    You're assuming, dear boy, that she graduated any of those three.
  • God I want to punch her right in her ovaries.
  • God I want to punch her right in her ovaries.
    I wish there could be a public fund called "Bounty for Punching Sarah Palin in the Throat." It would pay bail and legal fees, plus a bonus prize of one million dollars for the first person to deliver some Hokuto Shinken right to her goddamn trachea.
  • No violencing! We must not stoop to her level of rhetoric!
    Plus punching her in the ovaries is pointless, because she has already continued her genetic line.

We must defeat her with Science and Knowledge. It is the only way.
  • edited June 2011
    It doesn't count if I nickname my fists "Science" and "Knowledge", does it?
    Post edited by Churba on
  • We must defeat her with Science and Knowledge. It is the only way.
    ...And then I follow it up with "five-fingered peer review" which is actually just more punching?
  • I love you guys.
  • edited June 2011
    ...And then I follow it up with "five-fingered peer review" which is actually just more punching?
    Verbal And Literal Bitch-Slapping That Shatters The Heavens And It's Billions Of Stars PUUUUUUUUUUUUUNCH!
    Emily, translate that. I need to see it in dramatically painted kanji.
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • You gonna sharpie the big dipper on your chest too?
  • You gonna sharpie the big dipper on your chest too?
    Orion. It has more stars.
  • edited June 2011
    Hokuto Shinken Heavenly Flesh-Flaying Logical Argument.

Nanto Seiken Divine Bone-Shattering Well-Reasoned Stance.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • edited June 2011

So,
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited June 2011
    Hokuto Shinken Heavenly Flesh-Flaying Logical Argument.
    Hokutou Shinken Tengoku Nikutaiwo Hagitte Gouriteki Runkyo!!

Probably all kinds of wrong.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I'm with Gomi on this one.
  • edited June 2011
    @Omnu: I owe you the beverage of your choice, sir. Redeemable when I pass through Leeds.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on