This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of your Boo-Yah (and vica-versa)

Comments

• I've had that exact thing happen. Well, I don't remember if it was the case, or what, but either way, I gotmostof what I needed to build a computer. Total blue balls.
    I always get the case a day before the rest of the computer (it's because the case ships from Jersey and the parts ship from CA) I gotta say the day I get the case is always the saddest day as I look at it's empty insides wishing I had something to put in it...:-(
  • edited February 2010
    I've had that exact thing happen. Well, I don't remember if it was the case, or what, but either way, I gotmostof what I needed to build a computer. Total blue balls.
    I always get the case a day before the rest of the computer (it's because the case ships from Jersey and the parts ship from CA) I gotta say the day I get the case is always the saddest day as I look at it's empty insides wishing I had something to put in it...:-(
    Either way, it still sucks.

It gives me impetus to study over the weekend though. I figure if I put in 16 hours (10 for calc and 6 for chem) I can call Monday a "build and relax" day and still have Tuesday night for calc and Wednesday night for chem.

EDIT: Also, the Total War games and Mount and Blade have a crazy awesome Steam sale going right now. Not sure if I can justify the purchase, though.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Boo-Yah: SourceForge removes blanket blocking
    Fail: The fact that the measures taken are necessary in the first place.
  • As promised, I finished this for my grandmother today, it's a small wallet (her name is Rose, so that's a rose in the back):
    Fail: I have to ask my family if it can be buried with her tomorrow morning.
  • edited February 2010
    Fail: I have to ask my family if it can be buried with her tomorrow morning.
    That SUCKKKKKKKKKsss :-(
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • A ring passed down in Jed's family is now mine.

It's too small, so I'm wearing it on my pinky till we get it re-sized.
  • Fail: I have to ask my family if it can be buried with her tomorrow morning.
    Awww. :'-{ My thoughts are with you.
  • A ring passed down in Jed's family is now mine.

It's too small, so I'm wearing it on my pinky till we get it re-sized.
    Your fail is pitiful compared to your booyah. This belongs in the win thread.

• Fail: I have to ask my family if it can be buried with her tomorrow morning.
    I think they would allow it. It's a sign of love. I'm sorry, Roboto.
  • Thanks guys, I really can't complain, she lived 94 years and the last 4 "bad" days were not that bad at all.
  • Thanks guys, I really can't complain, she lived 94 years and the last 4 "bad" days were not that bad at all.
    At least there's that, then. Still, sorry to hear about it.
  • Fail: My 250GB HD crapped out on me having to reinstall my OS on a new HD. I haven't been able to recover the files.
    Boo-Yah: I forgot that I still had most of the files backed up on my 750GB HD. I was worried there for a bit.

I plan on getting an external HD soon.
  • 쏘ㅑㄴ ã…‘ã„´ ㅎㄱㄷㅁㅅ! ã…‘'ã…¡ ã…‘ã…œ ㄴ대ㅕㅣ 먀게ㅐㄳ, ã…‘ã…œ 내ㅕ소 ㅏㅐㄱㄷㅁ, ë­‰ 솓ㄱㄷ'ã„´ ㄺㄷㄷ ㅑㅜㅅㄷ굳ㅅ ㅁㅊㅊㄷㄴㄴ. ㅖㅑ쇼 솓 ㅏ됴ㅠㅐㅁㄱㅇ ㅐㅟㅛ ã„´ã„·ë“  새 재가 ã…‘ã…œ 솓 ㅏㅐㄱㄷ무 미ㅔㅗ뮫ㅅ, ë­‰ ã…‘ ㅊ무'ã…… 랴ㅜㅇ ㅁ ㅈ묘 새 초뭏ㄷ ã…‘ã…….
  • 쏘ㅑㄴ ㅑㄴ ㅎㄱㄷㅁㅅ! ㅑ'ㅡ ㅑㅜ ㄴ대ㅕㅣ 먀게ㅐㄳ, ㅑㅜ 내ㅕ소 ㅏㅐㄱㄷㅁ, 뭉 솓ㄱㄷ'ㄴ ㄺㄷㄷ ㅑㅜㅅㄷ굳ㅅ ㅁㅊㅊㄷㄴㄴ. ㅖㅑ쇼 솓 ㅏ됴ㅠㅐㅁㄱㅇ ㅐㅟㅛ ㄴㄷ든 새 재가 ㅑㅜ 솓 ㅏㅐㄱㄷ무 미ㅔㅗ뮫ㅅ, 뭉 ㅑ ㅊ무'ㅅ 랴ㅜㅇ ㅁ ㅈ묘 새 초뭏ㄷ ㅑㅅ.
    The only thing google translate gave me out of that is: New ash, US, steamroll, and "new chomuk fuck, man".
  • My maternal grandmother who I've never really thought of as family due to complex family drama is dying. She has dementia so bad she has forgotten who my mom is and thinks, for some reason, that I have children. I've never really talked to any of my mom's family, and now I'm beginning to realize that I don't really know anything about them. A big part of this realization is the fact that I have a do a big family history paper for my college english class, and I have no clue what to write about my mom's parents. My mom didn't know them very well, either. She gave me a list of people in her extended family I could call for the information I need, but due to our huge family issues I didn't really expect any response from them. Luckily, one of my estranged uncles has a Facebook and seems very willing to talk to me. Unfortunately, I have NO IDEA how to open a dialogue with him. I don't think I should start by saying, "I only want to talk to you because of this college project", but in reality, that's most of the reason. The other reason is, I feel strange not really knowing anything about an entire half of my family. Still, I have to say something and I don't know what to say at all. I don't want to stir up more family drama, but I feel bad that my grandmother is going insane and dying and I know absolutely nothing about her.
  • Win - My design for my home-built Tazer is complete in both glove and handheld unit form, and the handheld unit form is tested.

Fail - I spent an hour passed on on the floor of my freezing garage, and woke up really, really shitfully cold. Testing process has a few kinks that need to be worked out.

Extra helping of fail - I blew my heart and breathing monitor to shit. It's utterly fried, and tomorrow's job is to work it over for salvageable components - which isn't looking like many - and then to the junkpile. FUCK.
  • Win - My design for my home-built Tazer is complete in both glove and handheld unit form, and the handheld unit form is tested.

Fail - I spent an hour passed on on the floor of my freezing garage, and woke up really, really shitfully cold. Testing process has a few kinks that need to be worked out.
    Holy shit. What caps are you using?
  • @Churba -- WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU.
    I would also like to know this. I toyed with the idea of a Taserfist a while ago, but a didn't do it for the reasons you experienced.
  • WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU.
    Hey, I never said I was smart, but I'm quite well grounded. I'm a very earthy person, quite used to really shocking people out of their daily grind and taking charge in any given situation. I'm not suicidal or anything, I have a very positive outlook on life.

The Heavy-duty Multi-meter I picked up from John showed 90 grand volts, .005 Amps at the probes.
    I would also like to know this. I toyed with the idea of a Taserfist a while ago, but a didn't do it for the reasons you experienced.
    I don't have a taser glove built, but it's basically a handheld unit, but in the place of probes, it has two long, very well insulated cables that run up you your sleeve, into a glove which is a leather glove shell glued over a neoprene glove, with the cables running to contact plates on the thumb and forefinger, which are on top of the neoprene, but set into cutouts on the leather.
  • edited February 2010
    I lol'd (at the puns). Anyway, I'm still curious as to what you're using to get that voltage. Damn.
    AWESOME!
  • Anyway, I'm still curious as to what you're using to get that voltage. Damn.
    Simple - 9 volt battery, an oscillator and a pair of transformers I ripped out of cheap-and-cheerful stun-guns stepping up the voltage in sequence. It's a really simple system, to be honest. I'm not entirely sure about the amps, though, I need to check that again. Well below killing voltage, but I'm not entirely sure of my readings, but it's in the .005 range.
  • edited February 2010
    Simple - 9 volt battery, an oscillator and a pair of transformers I ripped out of cheap-and-cheerful stun-guns stepping up the voltage in sequence. It's a really simple system, to be honest. I'm not entirely sure about the amps, though, I need to check that again. Well below killing voltage, but I'm not entirely sure of my readings, but it's in the .005 range.
    Makes sense. That's probably also significantly cheaper and lighter than driving it with a flyback.
  • edited February 2010
    Makes sense. That's probably also significantly cheaper and lighter than driving it with a flyback.
    You're not wrong. And I don't waste battery power on an nice flashy little arc to let them know what's coming, either - I figure if I have to dump 90,000 volts into someone, then things are probably somewhat beyond the warning stage.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • volts don't get "dumped"
  • volts don't get "dumped"
    I was speaking figuratively, not literally.
  • Makes sense. That's probably also significantly cheaper and lighter than driving it with a flyback.
    You're not wrong. And I don't waste battery power on an nice flashy little arc to let them know what's coming, either - I figure if I have to dump 90,000 volts into someone, then things are probably somewhat beyond the warning stage.
    Mhm. Also, flybacks have a nasty tendency to ride that 20 mA line, where it probably wouldn't kill you if you got stung, but your heart will still throw a fit.
  • edited February 2010
    volts don't get "dumped"
    I was speaking figuratively, not literally.
    Volts do get dropped, though - across resistors, such as humans. It's the current that kills, though.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on