This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of your Boo-Yah (and vica-versa)

Comments

• Churba, are you preparing to apply for the evil league of evil? Because "electropunch" is a really cool villain name.
  • Volts do get dropped, though - across resistors, such as humans. It's the current that kills, though.
    I know. Thus why I made really, really sure the current was well below one milliamp, even if I'm not precisely sure what the current is in that range.
  • But Funfetus already has the title of neckpuncher.
  • Churba, are you preparing to apply for the evil league of evil? Because "electropunch" is a really cool villain name.
    How about Teslafist?
  • How about Teslafist?
    Sounds like the title of a terrible slashfic.
  • How about Teslafist?
    Sounds like the title of a terrible slashfic.
    Like the one you might be co-starring in?
  • Like the one you might be co-starring in?
    I would say "Don't give him any ideas" but to be honest, it'd be hilarious.
  • I am assuming you mashed the keyboard with Korean turned on, or typed in English. I can tell that those aren't normally-formed syllables. Normal Hangul usually has one or two letters per syllables block.
  • I am assuming you mashed the keyboard with Korean turned on, or typed in English. I can tell that those aren't normally-formed syllables. Normal Hangul usually has one or two letters per syllables block.
    ...How many languages do you speak?
  • I can speak and read really basic Korean. The alphabet is super easy to learn, plus I am exposed to the language all the time.
  • edited February 2010
    I can speak and read really basic Korean. The alphabet is super easy to learn, plus I am exposed to the language all the time.
    So that makes English, Japanese, Korean...Anything else? Honestly, have you ever considered a job at the UN?
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Honestly, have you ever considered a job at the UN?
    You need either a linguistics degree or a degree in language studies, and be fluent enough to fluidly translate complex political speech with minimal delay. I've looked into it.
  • Yeah, a UN level interpreter I am not.
  • Boo-yah: The stars have aligned in my favor, and I'm getting a chance to work for a new startup company during its startup phase. Basically, a huge step closer to my biggest goal in life.

Fail: For the time being, there will be no pay, so I have to keep my current job. I'm hoping that working two (almost full-time) jobs won't kill me.
  • I can speak and read really basic Korean. The alphabet is super easy to learn, plus I am exposed to the language all the time.
    Aother notch on the "Viga thinks Emi is so amazing" meter!
  • "Viga thinks Emi is so amazing"
    *Blush* I think you are also amazing, Ms. Viga!

But seriously, learning to read phonetic Korean is really easy. Here and Here.
  • Booh yah: I got my Gundam Kyrios model kit in the mail.
    Fail: I cut the index finger on my right hand poking out a piece and it bled through the Band-Aid.
    Fail: I cut the index finger on my right hand poking out a piece and it bled through the Band-Aid.
    If you really want to get into model kits you should get a set of sprue cutters.
  • Fail: The pain. It hurts a lot this month like it never has before.
    Booyah: Jed babies me when I'm sick of hurt. It's cute.
    Fail and Booyah: Jed's arm is is hurt, so I can baby him.
    If you really want to get into model kits you should get a set of sprue cutters.
    Indeed. Those little babies will cut the plastic easily and won't leave any nasty pieces jutting out on the final product.
  • If you really want to get into model kits you should get a set of sprue cutters.
    I've been using an X-acto knife for cutting the pieces loose, I just didn't cut this one all the way.
  • If you really want to get into model kits you should get a set of sprue cutters.
    I've been using an X-acto knife for cutting the pieces loose, I just didn't cut this one all the way.
    Spruce cutters cut flush edges with ease. Buy a pair and spend more time building and painting than cutting and swearing.
  • My Honda Fit, with its worn all-seasonal tires, handles perfectly fine in the snow even at highway and faster-than-highway speeds. Despite the snow in Albany, my commute took exactly two minutes longer than normal.

Co-workers who own AWD SUV's opted not to come in to work today because of the inclement weather.

Pussies.
  • My Honda Fit, with its worn all-seasonal tires, handles perfectly fine in the snow even at highway and faster-than-highway speeds. Despite the snow in Albany, my commute took exactly two minutes longer than normal.
    My mom is afraid that if I were to drive it in any snow, the bottom of the car will be ripped off due to how low it sits.
  • edited February 2010
    My mom is afraid that if I were to drive it in any snow, the bottom of the car will be ripped off due to how low it sits.
    It's no problem. I've plowed through snow with it before.

EDIT: Not very deep (more than a foot) or heavily packed snow, though.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • edited February 2010
    Your car's tires are narrow as hell though. Good for snow and ice. My car's wide rubber and huge torquey engine is not so good. I really need snow tires to properly attack significant snow fall.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • Booh Yah: Super Mario Galaxy 2, Sin and Punishment: Star Successors, Metroid: Other M, and Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies are all coming out this summer.
    Fail: They're all coming out this summer, when my con season is going to be in full swing, when my wallet will probably be empty, and when I was planning on finishing Dragon Age and playing Mass Effect 1 and 2.
  • Well, I'm sick with a bad cold during finals week. On the other hand, my old QA guy (a Russian named Victor) told me the best treatment for a cold is a few shots of vodka, and I must say I'm feeling a little better. ^_~
  • I present to you a number of boo yahs and fails:

-Booyah: Finished a composition in time.
    -Fail: During critique the border fell off. Embarrassing.

-Booyah: Went to see Fishbone the other night. They were awesome you all must see them.
    -Fail: It's quite embarrassing, but while skanking I shat myself a little. I shat myself at the ska show. That will be my song title. "Shat myself at the ska show"
    -Fail, Booyah and possibly stupid: Still stayed in the front, hanging on the bar,sang on the mic twice and got a new battle scar from when the skanking turned to moshing.
  • Viga, if you ever write a book of memoirs I want you to title it "I Shat Myself at the Ska Show."