This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of your Boo-Yah (and vica-versa)

Comments

• They're all impacted, yeah. The doctor's are putting me on massive meds though. Anesthesia and steroids for the surgery, and pain meds afterwards. It'll hurt, definitely...But the meds are supposed to help a lot, as I've heard from a lot of people.
    Ouch! Good luck with that. And be sure to have plenty of gauze, just in case.
    Yeah, we're buying more, because I'm bleeding a lot. The pain is pretty manageable though, and I've minimized swelling so far, so I hope I'll be okay by Monday/Tuesday.
  • Booh Yah: No problems with the wisdom teeth yet, looks like I should be better within a day or two.
    Fail: I look like a chipmunk. I know it's normal, but it still sucks.
  • Booyah - I picked up a new webcam, and it's pretty awesome. I even got it at a discount.

Fail - Approximately 75% the time, if I turn it on in a skype call, it freezes up for a minute or two, and then drops the call.
  • Fail: The wonderful Rochester spring weather has ended, and now it's rainy and cold.
    Condolences: At least it isn't snowing again...
    Boo yah: In font of the coffee shop I ran into an old Russian man and we had a conversation about politics, history, and his personal story. I really love old European people. They have the most wonderful tales, and put things into perspective. But, they also have funny quirks, like this guy telling me I should marry a nice Italian girl as soon as I can. :p
  • Boo yah: In font of the coffee shop I ran into an old Russian man and we had a conversation about politics, history, and his personal story. I really love old European people. They have the most wonderful tales, and put things into perspective. But, they also have funny quirks, like this guy telling me I should marry a nice Italian girl as soon as I can. :p
    I was at a Greek burger place one time (And by the way, do you guys have those in other places, or is it just a California thing? They're not advertised as Greek or anything, they're just a particular kind of burger place, but they usually have a really crazy menu with like seafood and Mexican food and stuff, and the only way you know it's Greek is they'll have some pictures of Athens or something by the bathrooms.) and this old Greek guy, I think he might've been the owner, came over -- I had a nose ring at the time -- and he said "Hey! Are you a gypsy?" I said no, and he said "you used to be able to tell who the gypsies were. Nowadays, everyone looks like a gypsy."
    1. and he said "Hey! Are you a gypsy?" I said no, and he said "you used to be able to tell who the gypsies were. Nowadays, everyone looks like a gypsy."

LOL, he just sounds like an old Greek man. I know many, they all seem to say things like that. :P
  • Win: I finished all of my work today! Also, I get the keys for my new apartment today!
    Fail: It's 9am on a Tuesday. I should have more work to do. Now I have to play the look-busy game for the next seven hours, or until someone gives me an assignment. In my defense, I did email people asking if there was anything I could help out with.
  • Boo-yah: I was lucid in my dream last night!
    Fail: I didn't take advantage of it and forgot quickly.
    Fail 2: I became lucid because I found something in my dream that my mom and I weren't sure if we had sold from a long time ago, that I could use in my most recent cosplay. She had confirmed recently that it was definitely gone, so when I found it in my dream (and not looking like it should) I became lucid. Now I'm depressed that I don't have it again...
  • edited March 2010
    Boo-yah: I was lucid in my dream last night!
    Fail 2: I became lucid because I found something in my dream that my mom and I weren't sure if we had sold from a long time ago, that I could use in my most recent cosplay. She had confirmed recently that it was definitely gone, so when I found it in my dream (and not looking like it should) I became lucid. Now I'm depressed that I don't have it again...
    Lucid dreaming is fun! I realized recently that the time I would lucid dream is about the time I lose of sleep each night. So if I just went to bed an hour earlier I'd have a ton more dreams that I could control and remember. (I still doesn't go to bed an hour earlier).
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • edited March 2010
    Boo-yah: Everyday on my commute I pass by a local restaurant called The Ark Smokehouse. I was always curious to check it out because it sounded delicious. I went on Sunday and had a ham sammich with fruit chutney and it was positively delicious.

Fail: The restaurant is very Religious, hence being named after Noah's Ark. It has pages of the Bible plastered on the walls, along with signs promoting discounts if you bring in your recent church flier etc. The owners aren't really preachy, so it wasn't too bad.

Boo-yah: I went in the next day because I didn't feel like cooking and picked up the ham BBQ sammich and corned beef Reuben-type sammich. Their sammiches are beyond heaven. It was the best corned beefed sammiches I've tasted.

It had 3 slices of bread. The outer being a dill-rye bread and the middle being a dark rye. The corned beef was thick and juicy. They also had a this spread of chopped lettuce with horseradish. The horseradish wasn't overbearing at all and it really made the sammich for me.

I also tried a bite of the ham BBQ sammich and the BBQ sauce wasn't overbearing as well.

Boo-yah: I called in to ask about the corned beef sammich and complimented the owner lady on it. She then god blessed me and told me when I came in, I get a free half corned beef sammich. ^_^
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • The teriyaki place I went to for lunch cut up an entire avacado and laid it on the top of my bowl. I ended up eating the whole thing.
    Congrats! Lucid dreaming is awesome. If you want to look into it, there are a lot of ways to have more lucid dreams, and make them last longer when you do. So you actually lost your lucidity in your dream instead of just waking up? That's only happened to me once.
    The teriyaki place I went to for lunch cut up an entire avacado and laid it on the top of my bowl. I ended up eating the whole thing.
    I think you meant to post this in the Boo-Yah thread. :) But it reminds me of an episode of Roseanne where Jackie was asking Dan what he did while he was in California, and he said "I spent the whole time picking avocados off sandwiches -- they put them on everything out there!"
  • Man, this talk of avocados is making me hungry for guacamole.
  • I think you meant to post this in the Boo-Yah thread. :)
    Sure, it was good, but I definitely felt like it was just too much avocado.
  • edited March 2010
    I was at a Greek burger place one time (And by the way, do you guys have those in other places, or is it just a California thing?
    We have Coney Island restaurants in Michigan (in and around Metro Detroit mostly), but they don't have Mexican food or anything strange on the menus.
    Post edited by Ilmarinen on
  • edited March 2010
    We haveConey Island restaurantsin Michigan (in and around Metro Detroit mostly), but they don't have Mexican food or anything strange on the menus.
    Hmm...it's hard to know if it's the same thing. I'm sure the Mexican food on the menus of our Greek burger places is because this is California. Most of them don't even serve Greek food. There's a weird sort of uniformity to the places I'm talking about, even though I'm pretty sure they're all independently owned. Like, they all serve basically the same kind of burger and fries in the same kind of basket, they have similar decor, they use the same kind of cups and trays. I can think of 10 of these places within a few miles of here. It's a weird phenomenon.
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • Like, they all serve basically the same kind of burger and fries in the same kind of basket, they have similar decor, they use the same kind of cups and trays.
    Ahahaha, I know EXACTLY what you're talking about.
  • Ahahaha, I know EXACTLY what you're talking about.
    OF COURSE YOU DO. THEY'RE EVERYWHERE.
    Congrats! Lucid dreaming is awesome. If you want to look into it, there are a lot of ways to have more lucid dreams, and make them last longer when you do. So you actually lost your lucidity in your dream instead of just waking up? That's only happened to me once.
    Yeah I've looked at the forum's lucid dreaming thread and used some of its suggestions before. I'm pretty sure that I lost lucidity before I woke up, though I woke up pretty quickly afterwards. It was very weird.
  • Yeah I've looked at the forum's lucid dreaming thread and used some of its suggestions before. I'm pretty sure that I lost lucidity before I woke up, though I woke up pretty quickly afterwards. It was very weird.
    Check out Dreamviews for everything you could want to know about lucid dreaming.
  • Boo-yah: Irish Cream
    Boo-yah: Coffee
    Fail: Irish Coffee

I really don't know why I don't fancy an irish coffee, I like both the ingredients separately, just not together.
  • Boo-Yah!: Adam and I went to pick up our newly put together bikes from the bike shop.
    Fail: Though the order slip clearly stated a man's bike (step over) and a woman's bike (step through), there were two women's bikes. We took one home and had to leave the other at the shop.
    Boo-Yah!: Though we didn't order the bikes through the bike shop, the shop owner said that if we had any problem with the online vendor we got it from, that he would work with Fuji or the vendor directly to correct the problem.
    (Boo-Yah!: For Adam's Birthday, I got a bike!)
    Well, it looks like the men's bike is shipping AND that we will be keeping the extra women's bike. So, we are going to sell it. It is a Step Through (Women's) Fuji Crosstown 3.0 in champagne. If anyone is interested in it, let us know. It is brand new, put together, and the warranty is in tact.
    Until the age of around 15, I didn't know what Egg Nog was. Or rather, I thought Egg Nog was an alcoholic drink. Then I realized people just added Irish Cream to it my entire life.

I really don't know why I don't fancy an irish coffee, I like both the ingredients separately, just not together.
    Try amaretto or some of the Godiva Chocolate Liqueur instead. Better yet. Add both!
  • Try amaretto or some of the Godiva Chocolate Liqueur instead.
    Sambucca.
  • Try amaretto or some of the Godiva Chocolate Liqueur instead.
    Sambucca.
    Flaming Coffee!
  • Sambucca
    My Italian digestif preferences are, in this order:
    1. Amaro
    2. Sambucca
    3. Limoncello (homemade)
    4. Amaretto

Also, Kahlua and coffee isn't bad...
  • BOO-YAH!!!: I've ordered a Utilikilt (Workman/Black), and it'll be arriving tomorrow!

Fail: I keep checking the UPS tracking info every damn hour!
  • BOO-YAH!!!: I've ordered a Utilikilt (Workman/Black), and it'll be arriving tomorrow!

Fail: I keep checking the UPS tracking info every damn hour!
    This is exactly why I didn't order a spare battery for my phone. I didn't want to be waiting impatiently for it to arrive before PAX.
  • Booyah: Finished most of my work before 4 p.m. And I got my running shoes early in the morning thanks to amazon. (It turns out i am and underpronator :O )
    Fail: Ate to much at lunch and I wonder if I should go an run as soon as I get home. The weather i so nice :D