This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of your Boo-Yah (and vica-versa)

Comments

• Booyah: Second day of DiBella's awesomeness.
    Fail: Those sandwiches are remarkably large, and I have been eating a full one for lunch. I don't know if I should keep this up, seeing as I don't have time to exercise in the next three weeks.
    On the other hand, they're delicious as sin. (I'm getting medium size. How small is small?)
  • Boo-Yah: Spent 7 years at my first job

Fail: Got laid off.

Boo-Yah: Had 4 job offers within a week.

Fail: Took the best of the offers but was still less than I was making before.

Boo-Yah: Got presented with an offer for a job at my old pay rate.

Fail: The new job was way more work.

Boo-Yah: Got a call back from one of the first places that offered me a job, and was asked how much I needed to work for him.

Final Boo-Yah: Asked for 20% more than I was making, and got it.
  • Final Boo-Yah: Asked for 20% more than I was making, and got it.
    Fuck. Yes.
  • Final Boo-Yah: Asked for 20% more than I was making, and got it.
    Fuck. Yes.
    At my old job, business had been too slow for a year and a half for them to afford to give raises that I would have merited had the money been there. When asked how much it would take to get me to come work for the company I'm starting with on monday, I told him what I would need.

Now I'll be making more than I would have at my old job had I gotten the raises I had merited if our business volume had allowed for those raises.

The only real Fail out of all of this: I spend seven years at my first job, one week at my second, a week and a half at my third, and I'm about to start my fourth job.
  • Boo yah: I'm headed to PAX!
    Fail: I'm at the airport at 4am! FOUR AM! I have a three hour layover in Newark.
  • Boo yah: Found where to get the materials for a DIY Newtonian telescope
    Fail: Materials would be over $600
    Boo yah: I then bought a telescope that arrived today, I shall call it Sagan-1, if I really get into it, I'll make a big one then.
    Fail: Even though it's supposed to be clear outside this month and the next, we've had rains and crappy weather
  • Booyah: PAX is awesome, and lunch with you guys was pretty cool (though I wasn't much good in the conversation: I was barely awake).
    Fail: lackofcheese apparently has norovirus.
    Double fail: he and I are sharing a hotel room. :-(

I really don't want to get PAX POX. I can't afford to be sick before the end of next week. I have too much stuff I need to get done.
  • edited March 2010
    Fail: Couldn't go to PAX East (for monetary and academic reasons).
    Boo-yah: Got to see RIT Men's Hockey crush New Hampshire in the NCAA East region final in Albany on Saturday night. I'm pretty sure the Corner Crew had UNH's goalie crying by the end of the game.
    Boo-yah: I'll definitely be able to set some money aside from my summer job to go to PAX East next year.
    Post edited by trogdor9 on
  • Boo-yah: Ordered awesome comics Saturday!
    Fail: InStockTrades STILL has not sent Order Confirmation and login details. I am becoming nervous.
  • edited March 2010
    Boo-Yah! - I made a lovely steak and ale pie, which is currently cooking in the oven.
    Edit - I used Black sheep ale. Tasty stuff.

Fail - Our kitchen is in pieces at the moment, so said oven is currently located in the middle of the kitchen floor.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited March 2010
    Boo-Yah: I'm feeling better.
    Fail: PAX is over.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Cleared out a tonne of dust from a computer I'm fixing and then it wouldn't even turn on and I was like OHSHii.. but then I tried it with a different PSU and it booted first time. Phew!
  • Fail: I got eleven hours of sleep last night (I'm still caught in spring break catch-up-on-sleep mode) and woke up at 11 with a splitting headache/borderline migraine that lingered for 5 hours.
    Boo-Yah: My RMA for Asus got confirmed, I got a super-nice email within 24 from InStockTrades apologizing for issues with their system and getting me all the relevant info (I'll definitely do business with them and DCBS again, damn), and got some good news from my calc TA. Then, I got an Indonesian Peanut Saute at Noodles&Co, and that with some caffeine cleared up the headache. Win.
  • Boo-Yah: I finished sharpening and polishing one of my knives and got it very sharp.

Fail: I carelessly touched the blade and ended up cutting my hand in a couple spots and now they itch like mad.
  • Boo-Yah: Learned how to set up an Apache server on my own. Password-protected it, and got it work!

Fail: Something got fucked up (I imagine with the port forwarding), because attempts to access it through my domain name started giving me the router's page.

Still, neat.
  • I'm losing weight and will fit some of my old favorite clothes, but then I'll have to get my lolita re-sized! So expensive! My favorite skirt is too big to handle right now. *cries*
  • edited April 2010
    My Guitar Hero controller was acting wonky, being too sensitive with the star power activation and such, which has been preventing my from five-starring every song in GH3. So, I opened up the controller, with virtually no modding experience, and was successfully able to apply this sensitivity tweak mod, among a few others. Not to mention throwing a nice paint job in to boot.

Hasn't affected my scores at all. Bleh.
    Post edited by ProfPangloss on
  • edited April 2010
    Boo-Yah: Learned to get my lockpicking action on, making my own bump key for my own door and testing it on several at school, however.......
    Fail:
    United Kingdom

In the United Kingdom, a person who carries a lock pick set (even a home made one) could potentially be prosecuted. The penalty for this can be upward of 5 years' imprisonment
    But! Boo-Yah:
    Canada

In Canada, possession of lock picking tools, with the exception of key duplication tools, is legal. Lock pick tools fit in the same category as crowbars or hammers, meaning they are legal to possess and use unless they are used to commit a crime
    Yay to my soon to be new homeland!
    Post edited by ElJoe0 on
  • edited April 2010
    In the United Kingdom, a person who carries a lock pick set (even a home made one) could potentially be prosecuted. The penalty for this can be upward of 5 years' imprisonment
    This is only without a purpose. You can get the same punishment for carrying a hammer, a screwdriver, a crowbar, or pretty much anything defined as a potential burglary tool. If, say, you're on your way to a locksports meet, then you could most likely get away with nothing more than a warning, and at the very least, you'd have a good standing to fight it in court.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • edited April 2010
    The Good: Meeting a number of nice people in LD2 who work as a group and listen to tips and instructions.
    The Bad: A rather hilarious match where one of the players insisted on trying to kill me and we spent a while shooting, reviving and reloading. In the end I won, knocking him down and leaving him behind, causing him to quit.
    The Ugly: I have become worried as to the number of people playing LD2 who cannot understand:
    1. Keep running forward in a group whenever possible.
    2. Kill just enough zombies to clear a path.
    3. When clearing an area ahead, crouch.
    I also really like how each campaign has it's own distinct charm; Heavy Rain is currently my favorite.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Pretty much the most annoying thing in L4D2 is when you're a survivor and your team refuses to move forward in Versus. THE ZOMBIES KEEP SPAWNING. WE DON'T HAVE TO KILL ALL OF THEM.
  • edited April 2010
    I also really like how each campaign has it's own distinct charm; Heavy Rain is currently my favorite.
    Oh, that's what you meant on twitter. I was wondering when you'd gotten your hands on a PS3.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Hard Rain.
  • Hard Rain.
    Thanks.
  • Pretty much the most annoying thing in L4D2 is when you're a survivor and your team refuses to move forward in Versus. THE ZOMBIES KEEP SPAWNING. WE DON'T HAVE TO KILL ALL OF THEM.
    ... I have this OCD tendency to kill every single one I see, even though I know it is almost futile. I can't just see a zombie and not kill it. But I usually play by myself anyway. No harm done except to myself, right? >__>;
    ... I have this OCD tendency to kill every single one I see, even though I know it is almost futile. I can't just see a zombie and not kill it. But I usually play by myself anyway. No harm done except to myself, right? >__>;
    I have the same thing - jumped in on a game with Mr Macross the other day, and I can't help but think I messed up his roll a little.
  • It really only applies to Versus mode, where you're scored based on how far you get in the level.
  • Booh-yah: I have acquired my first Blu-Ray movie, and it's the Princess and the Frog.
    Fail: I don't have a Blu-Ray player.
    Booh-yah: It's a Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack.

I love coming out on top.
  • I really like how Disney has the right idea to give the Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital copy pack. Makes it easy for the consumer. More companies should do that.
  • I just felt a tiny earthquake, which is always kinda cool. Unfortunately, it was apparently a 6.9 in Baja California, Mexico. So they're probably not too happy about it. :/