This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of your Boo-Yah (and vica-versa)

Comments

• It'd be like watching your average shounen jump anime and then they throw in a girl with huge..
    ...talents?
    ...tracts of land?
    ...Guns?
    ...assets?
  • Waiting for a girl to return my call. ZAWA ZAWA ZAWA!
  • edited May 2010
    Boo-yah: Got my first pipe and a 50% Latkia blend that precisely reminds me of the smell of all my relatives smoking in Spain.
    Fail: This could easily become a bad habit. Luckily the bowl of my pipe is too small to be of much concern if smoked once or twice every few days.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • WIN: I got my first paycheck yesterday.
    FAIL: My parents need all of it to go towards my uncle's bail payment.

-_- Relatives are more trouble than they are worth.

You should make your uncle pay you back for that.

Can't he get a bail bond?

Waitwat? Your parents are making YOU pay for your UNCLE's bail from YOUR paycheck?
  • edited May 2010
    Fail: Almost all of my pants need tailoring because I have giant hips for my body size, but still have a tiny waist.
    Boo Yah: I live with a tailor, so it's getting done for free. :)
    Post edited by Nuri on

Waitwat? Your parents are making YOU pay for your UNCLE's bail from YOUR paycheck?
    As fucked up as it sounds, he's stuck and he has no choice.
  • edited May 2010
    Desperado is a movie where Antonio Banderas shoots the shit out of everyone

edit: wow, well fail for posting this in the wrong thread
    boo yah for getting my family to watch this movie
    Post edited by Jordan O. on
  • Desperado is a movie where Antonio Banderas shoots the shit out of everyone

edit: wow, well fail for posting this in the wrong thread
    boo yah for getting my family to watch this movie
    Watch the whole trilogy. Seriously, it's awesome.
  • Billy Joel's daughter tried to commit suicide by overdosing on Traumeel, a homeopathic aches-and-pains pill.
    "Nothing would happen because there's nothing in it," said Dr. Lewis Nelson, a toxicologist at NYU Medical Center. "There's no active ingredient. There's nothing in these pills."
    There are a few fails and boo-yahs in there somewhere.
  • edited May 2010
    It's still annoying that they're allowed to market those things in such a way that people could actually confuse them for medicine.
    What do homeopathic pills even class as?
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Billy Joel's daughter tried to commit suicide by overdosing on Traumeel, a homeopathic aches-and-pains pill.
    But that's not possible...
  • I'm installing Windows 7 on my new macbook, so created a new partition to test it out. I thought 16 gig would be enough. It turns out that isn't enough. Now, this wouldn't be much of a problem, but it installed fine, but now I can't install the Boot Manager software on it to set it to boot into OSX like normal. Now I need to work out what I can delete from the clean windows install to free up space to be able to switch back to OSX to be able to create a bigger partition...

I feel like an idiot.
  • edited May 2010
    Try the GParted boot CD. Sub 1GB Ubuntu installs have spoiled us too long.
    Are you sure you want to be dual booting two large OSs on an SSD?
  • I got it sorted now, don't worry. I just felt stupid. This is all just for testing purposes right now.

Why isn't two large OS's on one SSD a good idea? Just the wasted space, or some other reason?
  • edited May 2010
    Why isn't two large OS's on one SSD a good idea? Just the wasted space, or some other reason?
    Well SSD space is really valuable and you can't move free space between the partitions easily. What size SSD do you have?
  • I store the vast majority of my data on external hard drives, so the main benefit for me is speed. I've been using a 128gb hard drive on my MacBook for the last two years, and I get by with that no problem. Now I have a 256gb SSD, so using 36gb (what I've now selected) for a while to use Windows 7 isn't a problem. There are only a few things I need Windows 7 for, and hopefully those uses will be available on OSX in the future.
  • What do homeopathic pills even class as?
    Suicide prevention, apparently.
    "Nothing would happen because there's nothing in it," said Dr. Lewis Nelson, a toxicologist at NYU Medical Center. "There's no active ingredient. There's nothing in these pills."
    There are a few fails and boo-yahs in there somewhere. I wonder what the epic failure of attempting to kill oneself with homeopathic pills does to one's psyche. I am sorry the young lady didn't get what she wants, but I am glad she has the chance to heal.
  • I am sorry the young lady didn't get what she wants
    Harsh.
  • Hoorah: I'm sleeping normal hours again.
    Fail: This has made my family's bizarre eating habits very noticeable.
    There are a few fails and boo-yahs in there somewhere.Well if you wanted to overdose on homeopathic medicine, wouldn't you have to dilute it and then take it with an eyedropper?
  • Fail: I lost my job, because I was "trying to improve the company to quickly." I suggested that we implement a wiki (or something), because we had absolutely zero internal documentation. We are (were?) an IT consulting company.
    Booyah: I've got a few interviews already, including one at an awesome company in Toronto.
    Additional booyah: I called an old coworker of mine (at a startup in CA), and he also offered me a job doing remote tech support. It made me realize how many connections I have in CA, compared to the relatively few I've established in New York.
  • I am sorry the young lady didn't get what she wants
    Harsh.
    Not really. I firmly believe that a person should get what they want out of life, even if it is to stop living. I don't want anyone to die, but if they want to, then it is their choice.
  • edited May 2010
    WIN: I got my first paycheck yesterday.

As fucked up as it sounds, he's stuck and he has no choice.
    That pretty much sums it. My dad is a contractor and business has been slow, and my mom is a homemaker, so they didn't have enough liquid assets to pull $500 together. They had $200, and I didn't wan't my uncle to go back to jail, so being the only person in my family with a real job, I "offered" to give my $300.

My uncle is an idiot. He is almost 50, he has almost $40,000 in back child support from his last marriage from his first wife who wont give him a divorce, and thus cant have a bank account because they would seize all his assets. Everything he does he does in cash or credit card. He smokes 3 packs a day. He hasn't filed his taxes in 2 years. His girlfriend is framing him for "cohabitant abuse" as revenge for him calling her an alcoholic (she is) and he was considering going back to her. He is truly an idiot.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Sonic, you need to distance yourself from your Uncle and his instability ASAP.
  • Sonic, you need to distance yourself from your Uncle and his instability ASAP.
    This. To be honest, it sounds like the only reason to keep him out of jail is that I don't want taxpayer dollars wasted on incarcerating someone who's not dangerous. I hope things go okay for you guys, Sonic.
  • You're a really really great guy, Sonic. And I hope your uncle appreciates and thanks you for it. If he was my relative, I'd leave him there.
  • edited May 2010
    Sonic, you need to distance yourself from your Uncle and his instability ASAP.
    Kinda hard to do that when HE'S LIVING IN MY HOUSE. Since his girlfriend (of 15 years) got a restraining order against him, he hasn't been able to go to his apartment.

Believe me, once I get my own place, my relatives wont be hearing hide or hair from me.
    Sonic, you need to distance yourself from your Uncle and his instability ASAP.
    This. To be honest, it sounds like the only reason to keep him out of jail is that I don't want taxpayer dollars wasted on incarcerating someone who's not dangerous. I hope things go okay for you guys, Sonic.
    Ehhh... In spite of my less than enthusiastic stance on this whole mess, I couldn't stand idly by and see an innocent man (if stupid) man be held for a crime he did not commit.

Further proof of his stupidity: He has been living in this country since 1980, and he still isn't a citizen. He's a legal alien. If he gets convicted, he can be jailed then deported.
    You're a really really great guy, Sonic. And I hope your uncle appreciates and thanks you for it. If he was my relative, I'd leave him there.
    He doesn't know mom and dad used my pay check. As far as he knows, mom and dad paid his bail payment. However, I am roping him into teaching me how to drive a stick with his mustang, so I think it's even.

Oh, and thanks guys. Once I get my own place, you guys have an open invitation to stay in it if you are ever in the neighborhood.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on