This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of your Boo-Yah (and vica-versa)

Comments

• Oh, and thanks guys. Once I get my own place, you guys have an open invitation to stay in it if you are ever in the neighborhood.
    Same to you, when I have a place in LA. You're always welcome round for a beer or what have you.
  • Why LA?
    Climate agrees with me, so does the culture and atmosphere, and I genuinely like it more than any other place in the US that I've been. Plus, close to San Fran, the hub of the maker community in America, nice countryside. New York was the second on the list, but it's far harder for me to head that way, I know less people there, and the climate doesn't agree with me so much there.
  • You like L.A. more than San Fran?
  • edited May 2010
    You like L.A. more than San Fran?
    Yes, but only bit a small bit. It's a close race for me, but L.A wins in the end. And plus, I've driven to Sydney before, and townsville a few times, and once, to Perth(that was fucking lunacy) so the drive to SF is buggerall to me.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • You like L.A. more than San Fran?
    Yes, but only bit a small bit. It's a close race for me, but L.A wins in the end. And plus, I've driven to Sydney before, and townsville a few times, and once, to Perth(that was fucking lunacy) so the drive to SF is buggerall to me.
    Also, his girlfriend lives 'round L.A.
  • Also, his girlfriend lives 'round L.A.
    Well, Yes, that certainly helps. However, I'm smart enough(this time, Fuck) to not let that influence my decision unduly, and it's no bigger a factor than anything else. HA. If only I was this smart two years ago.
  • Also, his girlfriend lives 'round L.A.
    Well, Yes, that certainly helps. However, I'm smart enough(this time, Fuck) to not let that influence my decision unduly, and it's no bigger a factor than anything else. HA. If only I was this smart two years ago.
    Well, at least you learned from your mistake.
  • Well, at least you learned from your mistake.
    Well, you say that now...
  • Nothing lost, nothing gained.
  • I'd have gone all Dudebro 2 on your uncle a long time ago if I was you, Sonic.
  • I'd have gone all Dudebro 2 on your uncle a long time ago if I was you, Sonic.
    He's approaching dudebro levels, believe me.
  • Why LA?
    Climate agrees with me
    So you like your climate all earthquakey and the-mountains-are-on-fire-againy as opposed to oh-shit-it's-a-blizzardy?
  • Science bill killed by bull shit move :(
  • Science billkilledby bull shit move :(
    I hope someone is keeping track of these in case Palin gets elected.
  • Science billkilledby bull shit move :(
    That's absolutely disgusting. Ugh.
  • He doesn't know mom and dad used my pay check. As far as he knows, mom and dad paid his bail payment. However, I am roping him into teaching me how to drive a stick with his mustang, so I think it's even.
    You should also get your $ back as long as he shows up to proceedings. Only a short-term loss.
  • edited May 2010
    He doesn't know mom and dad used my pay check. As far as he knows, mom and dad paid his bail payment. However, I am roping him into teaching me how to drive a stick with his mustang, so I think it's even.
    You should also get your $ back as long as he shows up to proceedings. Only a short-term loss.
    Yeah, I know. It's cool.
    Science billkilledby bull shit move :(
    That's absolutely disgusting. Ugh.
    This is bullshit. How the FUCK do they get away with this shit?
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Boo-Yah: Geeknights Live right now.
    Fail: Nobody told me until 30 minutes in.
  • Boo-Yah: I just found out I'm interviewing Apples In Stereo tomorrow night.

Fail: Preparing for the interview means adding yet another item to my already massive work load that I have this evening, on top of the stress of trying to sign up for classes in a few hours. Urrgh.
  • Boo-Yah: Ran my 13.1 half marathon on Sunday

Fail: Been sick ever since.
  • Boo-yah: The House Season 6 Finale. Awesome and Intense.

Fail: The House Season 6 Finale Ending...writers, I really hope you have the chops. But...eh...no idea.
  • The House Season 6 Finale Ending...writers, I really hope you have the chops. But...eh...no idea.
    Yeah, definitely. I don't know how we can actually have a whole season of House and Cuddy. Doesn't seem possible...
  • The whole episode was filmed using a Canon 5D Mk II. From the footage I saw of the season finale, it looked really good.
  • I'm watching House on Hulu these days, so I'm a week behind.
  • It's a really good episode but I think depending on how you feel about the House character, your opinion will differ. People are very split for the most part. I'm in the group where like "This could be Epic Win or Epic Fail. Please don't make it Epic Fail."
  • Boo-Yah: Ran my 13.1 half marathon on Sunday

Fail: Been sick ever since.
    So instead of breaking through the wall,,,

The wall broke though you.

YYYEEAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!
  • Boo-Yah: Being carted around for free by a cute CDC official so that you can buy booze and drink your face off with the fellow home brewers you met at your workshop.

Fail: Attending a software training course with a hangover, albeit a mild one.
  • Boo-Yah: Going to the beach with a cute girl, playing fisbee, swimming and showing off my physique. I ended up tanning too, you might actually find me in a blizzard now.

Fail: despite adequate use of sunscreen on most of my body I did not put it on the tops of my feet, so now I have sunburn there. Makes shoes uncomfortable.
  • edited May 2010
    Boo-Yah: I got through Round 1A of Google Code Jam
    Fail: My score was only 39 points (maximum 100)
    Boo-Yah: That still put me at 640th place out of the 2170 people who attempted the round.
    Fail: I'm once again quite sure I won't make it through Round 2 and hence won't get the T-shirt.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on