This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of your Boo-Yah (and vica-versa)

Comments

• Booyah: gotten drunk every day the past 3 days.
    Fail: gotten drunk every day the past 3 days.
    Booyah: my alcohol tolerance is so high that I've had to drink half a bottle of vodka every day to be drunk. 5 hours later and I'm already (mostly) sober.
    Fail: I'm being spoiled by the free drinks where I'm at. If I ever want to reach the same levels of drunkeness later on is going to be slightly expensive.

I should also mention this is the first time I've ever gotten drunk, so I haven't built up my tolerence either. Word is spreading around about my drinking habits among my friends.
  • I should also mention this is the first time I've ever gotten drunk, so I haven't built up my tolerence either. Word is spreading around about my drinking habits among my friends.
    Three days of drinking is a binge, not a habit. Also, getting drunk is not a boo-yah, IMO. I am not saying it a bad or good, but it isn't really an accomplishment unless you are drinking some rare, wonderful alcohol or drinking in an awesome situation.
  • Booh Yah: Went to my Senior Ball, much to my own surprise.
    Fail: People grinding excessively, as expected, including people I once had more respect for.
    Booh Yah: I danced crazy weird like, but I drew crowds at one point. Otherwise, my dancing was just more fun.
    Booh Yah: Had a fun time hanging out with my friends afterward, though it was more mellow than our usual parties, probably because we were all dead tired.
  • Also, getting drunk is not a boo-yah, IMO. I am not saying it a bad or good, but it isn't really an accomplishment
    If it takes a half a bottle of vodka to get drunk, I'd argue that it is an accomplishment.
  • I should also mention this is the first time I've ever gotten drunk, so I haven't built up my tolerence either. Word is spreading around about my drinking habits among my friends.
    Three days of drinking is a binge, not a habit. Also, getting drunk is not a boo-yah, IMO. I am not saying it a bad or good, but it isn't really an accomplishment unless you are drinking some rare, wonderful alcohol or drinking in an awesome situation.
    I am very much of the same mind as Randi. I like to stay as close to the real world as possible.
  • I like to stay as close to the real world as possible.
    That seems like a gross oversimplification to me. The "real world" is nothing more than your sensory input filtered through your own particular brain, with all its own idiosyncrasies. Drugs (of which alcohol is one) don't move you "away" from the real world, they simply allow you to experience the world, and yourself, in a different way. I don't think having a broader range of experience of the "real world" is in itself a bad thing.
  • edited June 2010
    Got all my washing done in one day!
    But, something about washing at 75 instead of 60 means my arm is itching something fierce.
    And I have two weeks worth of washing with the exact same properties.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Boo-yah: I drove my first BMW today, it was the best car I've ever driven. I was expecting it to be good, but not that good.
    Fail: As a car enthusiast, I now have to get a BMW, simply nothing else will do. And I don't money for such a thing right now. *sigh*
  • edited June 2010
    Boo-yah: I drove my first BMW today, it was the best car I've ever driven. I was expecting it to be good, but not that good.
    Fail: As a car enthusiast, I nowhaveto get a BMW, simply nothing else will do. And I don't money for such a thing right now. *sigh*
    I'm driving an M Coupe until my car's back from the body shop. The fail here is that until I own such a car myself, everything else is a letdown.

0-60 in less than 5s. Fuck all else.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • Fail: my plane is late, and my macbook wouldn't connect to the airport wifi.
    Win: I booted into windows, and it worked no problem. Also I caught up on a week of FRC forum reading.
  • Win: Had a really good interview at an IT Consulting place in Chinatown today. I should hear back from them before the week is out.
    Fail: Tried to visit a friend in Williamsburg (Brooklyn), got lost (apparently some/most of Williamsburg is the ghetto?). Found myself in a Polish neighbourhood (I think Greenpoint?). Couldn't ask directions (nobody spoke English, and my Polish is limited to "hello" and "thank you"). Found a subway stop, and escaped.

South Brooklyn is a logical and culturally diverse town. North Brooklyn is the demented dream of a city planner gone mad by the tides of time.
  • Today, while shopping for new socks, I decided to buy an iPad. The shop had sold out, so I didn't buy one. Also, I didn't buy any socks.

Select which of these statements you think are Boo-Yah or Fail.
  • The socks, clearly.
  • Select which of these statements you think are Boo-Yah or Fail.
    What is this, choose your own adventure?
  • Select which of these statements you think are Boo-Yah or Fail.
    What is this, choose your own adventure?
    If life was a choose your own adventure book, I'd find the most awesome ending and work my way back through the choices to find out how to get there.
  • edited June 2010
    Fail: I allowed myself to be roped into a political discussion at work.
    Win: I totally pwnd one of the attorneys I work for and we seem closer, despite our vast ideological differences.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • Fail: I allowed myself to be roped into a political discussion at work.
    Win: I totally pwnd one of the attorneys I work for and we seem closer, despite our vast ideological differences.
    I'm eager to hear the details. :)
  • Awesome.
  • I have another one.
    Win: Took a walk on a fantastic new trail we came across further down the Mohawk with our pups.
    Fail: Zoe "got" a chipmunk. (;_;)
  • edited June 2010
    Fail: Once again, my life has fallen apart.
    Consolation: I'm getting quite good at putting it back together again.

Suddenly, I feel much better having admitted that.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited June 2010
    Fail - Ex-fiance got back in contact. Panic attack and PTSD - FULL FORCE SON. You know what that feels like? It feels like an elephant, fucking you in the right ventricle.

Boo-yah - Fuck it. I'm gonna keep calm and carry on anyway. I've more important things to do right now.

Edit - Also, She signed off with "Goodbye forever" - which is the forth time she's come back into my life, and signed off as such. For christ's sake, woman, make it stick this time.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • God damn man, you need to learn to block people.
  • Fail - Ex-fiance got back in contact. Panic attack and PTSD - FULL FORCE SON. You know what that feels like? It feels like an elephant, fucking you in the right ventricle.

Boo-yah - Fuck it. I'm gonna keep calm and carry on anyway. I've more important things to do right now.

Edit - Also, She signed off with "Goodbye forever" - which is the forth time she's come back into my life, and signed off as such. For christ's sake, woman, make it stick this time.
    Dude, restraining order.
  • God damn man, you need to learn to block people.
    Not my choice - it was in a public place on the internet she knows I frequent. Everything I have control over, she's blocked 7 ways from Sunday.

More fail - Puked, as a direct result.

On the upside, I feel a tiny bit better after having a puke.
  • I have another one.
    Win: Took a walk on a fantastic new trail we came across further down the Mohawk with our pups.
    Fail: Zoe "got" a chipmunk. (;_;)
    BooYah: Zoe got these and now has a higher gamer score than Malcolm.
  • How old are the dachshunds? Are they fully grown yet?
  • They're about 2 years old. They're full-sized-ish at around 14 pounds each and not that big. Said chipmunk must run right by her face too, as she was on the leash at the time.
  • Well what else did you expect from the "badger dog."
  • Well what else did you expect from the "badger dog."
    Badgers, obviously.
  • Chipmunks are like mini badgers.