This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of your Boo-Yah (and vica-versa)

Comments

• Apparently I logged into facebook somehow while opening up some engadget links. What the fuck.
    Yeah, that's the Facebook like button. Block it with this: Facebook Blocker (Maybe HTTPS Everywhere would help too).

This whole thing has made me super-paranoid.
  • Fail: I'm missing a part of my ice cream maker, that snaps into the engine and helps the paddle spin. So me and my brother had to spend an hour spinning the paddle by hand.
    Boo-Yah: I now have tasty, Raspberry Chocolate Gelato. :3
  • edited October 2010
    Boo-Yah 1: I wrote a math exam today and it went reasonably well.
    Boo-Yah 2: Got my hair cut.
    Boo-Yah 3: Got Rock Band 3
    Boo-Yah 4: It has a ton of songs I liked already and are also fantastic to play, such as King George, I'm still not dead yet and of course Bohemian Rhapsody.
    Fail 1: While Rock Band Network and all the songs are displayed in the "More songs option" in the game, they are all marked as "Currently Unavailable". I want my Flogging Molly dammit.
    Fail 2: Apparently the Rock Band 2 export is not yet available in my region either.
    Mega-fail: I broke my bass pedal in the middle of Free Bird :X
    Extra-fail: While the customer support hotline where I can order a new pedal for free should be open until 19:00 today (it's currently 18:30), they are apparently not because of "maintenance", so the earliest I can order a new one is Monday so I won't get it until at least Wednesday.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Fail 2: Apparently the Rock Band 2 export is not yet available in my region either.
    Brother, I'm still waiting for my Rock Band 2 Preorder to arrive, I feel your pain.
  • Fail: I slept in till 1pm.
    Win: Today is effectively Halloween, and I'm getting ready for debauchery tonight.
  • Win: Yesterday's Rally was awesome! (for the most part)
    Fail: My neck hurts for trying to get luck up to the monitor so much :O
  • Fail: desktop is effectively dead for now.
    Boo-yah: my new netbook has me covered. XD
  • Win: I just ran 18 miles.
    Fail: My whole body hurts and I am hungry.
    Win: I ran 18 miles without stopping :P
  • Booh-yah: One of my best friends ever came into town last night. We got the crew together; we celebrated Halloween. I didn't go to bed until 5 AM. There was much debauchery, there was much rejoicing.

Fail: We attempted to go to three parties. The first was after a long walk, and all my friends had already left. It was overfilled with people. We left the second after 20 seconds.

Booh-Yah: We bivouacked to my apartment, which was just clean enough. We drank heavily, watched Buckaroo Bonzai, and talked about comics.

Fail: I awoke at 3:30PM. I attempted to smoke two cigarettes last night. I feel worse than I ever have in my entire life, with the notable exception of spending two weeks bedridden with the chickenpox. This hangover is nausea-inducing and would make Dr. Hunter S. Thompson himself blush.

Booh-yah: It was totally worth it.
  • Fail: I've spent 24 of the last 48 hours on set helping a friend on his film.
    Booh-yah: It looks soooo good. I'll upload pictures later, but it's essentially Zatoichi in the future with homeless people.
    Booh-yah: 10 of those other hours have been spent reveling. Some legendary treasures were raided from various hidden temples.
  • edited November 2010
    Boo-yah: Had an awesome weekend back in the old college town, seeing old friends and making a few new ones.
    Fail: Lost my phone for the first time ever. I'm pretty sure it slipped out of my slacks pocket in the car of someone I just met. So, I have no way of contacting him to ask if he found it. I can only hope that he calls my house with the phone or picks it up when I call it later.
    Almost Fail: Also lost my glasses as they apparently jumped out of my dress shirt pocket while dancing and were later found on the floor by the staff. Luckily I did get those back.
    Lesson Learned: Next time I go out partying in a suit, put important things in pockets where they won't fall out. Like ones with zippers or buttons.

EDIT: Boo-yah: Guy with my phone picked it up on the first try. He really is as awesome as he seemed yesterday. One way or another, I'll be getting it back.
    Post edited by theknoxinator on
  • Next time I go out partying in a suit, put important things in pockets where they won't fall out. Like ones with zippers or buttons.
    There are suits with zippered pockets?
  • Next time I go out partying in a suit, put important things in pockets where they won't fall out. Like ones with zippers or buttons.
    You can get slacks that have zipper pockets inside the normal pockets. Maybe not as part of a suit, but I've had slacks with it before.
  • edited November 2010
    Boo-ya: I'm part of a team now!
    Fail: It's a bowling team. :P
    Post edited by JukeBoxJosh on
  • Boo-ya: I'm part of a team, now!
    How is that fail? Bowling is fun.
    You can get slacks that have zipper pockets inside the normal pockets. Maybe not as part of a suit, but I've had slacks with it before.
    Simple solution - wear a vest, if possible. Have Invisible zippers - Yes, that's an actual thing - put into your interior pockets. Wear a descreet carry solution, such as a slim leather underarm holster - Hell, I use one to carry a notebook, pens, tobacco, my churchwarden pipe, and other small things that fit such as keys or a spare lighter at formal events.
  • Boo-ya: I'm part of a team, now!
    How is that fail? Bowling is fun.
    it was more a joke fail. I never imagined being on a bowling team, though. The kids are really good, which is cool.

Maybe this is more of a boo-yah. :P
  • edited November 2010
    Boo-yah Fail: drank a whole bottle of bourbon last night
    Fail Boo-yah: I have no more bourbon
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • Boo-yah: drank a whole bottle of bourbon last night
    That's more of a fail.
  • edited November 2010
    Boo-yah: drank a whole bottle of bourbon last night
    That's more of a fail.
    I had a good time and a hilarious game of starcraft ensued. :P

EDIT:
    FAIL: Given a few more hours, this has done horrible things to my digestive track.

EDITEDIT: Emily you were right, this was indeed a fail. >.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • Fail (of George): Has never heard of Questionable Content.
    Boo-yah: I introduced it to him a few weeks ago in a conversaton.
    Fail: Because of George's ADD, he's been trying to read all 1700+ comics to be up to date and it has been consuming his soul.
    Boo-yah: George is reading QC and enjoying it.
    Fail: George keeps linking me comics from QC which has me rereading it and not getting any work done right now.
    Boo-yah: I love Marigold and Hanners. They are my favorites.
  • Fail: George keeps linking me comics from QC which has me rereading it and not getting any work done right now.
    THAT'S WHAT YOU GET YOU SIREN!!!
  • edited November 2010
    Why do people like QC!? I've never understood.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Why do people like QC!? I've never understood it.
    How old are you?
    I think it's mostly a generational thing. Most mid 20's-30's enjoy it. It speaks to me in a way about growing up and relationships at times. Most other times, I find it beyond hilarious.
  • RymRym
    edited November 2010
    Most mid 20's-30's enjoy it. It speaks to me in a way about growing up and relationships at times. Most other times, I find it beyond hilarious.
    I read it for a long time, and then slowly stopped being interested. It started making the same joke over and over in various permutations.
    Post edited by Rym on
    I wish I understood it myself, but something about it just resonates with people, and me as well. Why do people like slice of life anime?
    The sky is blue, water is wet, women have secrets
    I think it's mostly a generational thing. Most mid 20's-30's enjoy it. It speaks to me in a way about growing up and relationships at times. Most other times, I find it beyond hilarious.
    Yeah, exactly. Also, I have found that my life is, more and more, resembling Martin's. Particularly in the "surrounded by babes" department. There are also parts of Marty's life that resemble mine in ways I'm not particularly keen on.
    Boo-yah: I love Marigold and Hanners. They are my favorites.
    I KNOW! ^_^!
  • Boo-yah: Almost won a MicroKorg on eBay at half the MSRP.
    Fail: Some asshole bidded me up ~$40 in the last 30 secs.
    Boo-yah: $250 was the highest I was willing to go, and I still didn't pay more than that in the end.
  • edited November 2010
    Booh-yah: Found a place that is hiring!
    Fail: I really need a job, but it's a head shop, so I don't know if working there would be all that wise. Guess I could try the movie place, or the libraries.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on