This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of your Boo-Yah (and vica-versa)

Comments

• Boo-Ya: I just finished 2 Finals today. Spanish and APUSH, you're done.
    Fail: We have a shit ton of kids at my school. Instead of opting for some type of altered 2-lunch sysytem like they use all year, they decided that lunch is half an hour and the whole school. In about 40 mins well see how well that goes.
    Boo-ya: Half day tomorrow, Wednesday, and Thursday.
  • Nuke the OS.
    I need a recovery disk.
    A Windows disc will do, assuming the PC has a sticker with the license on it.
  • A Windows disc will do, assuming the PC has a sticker with the license on it.
    Spoken like someone who hasn't done this.
  • What crappy company didn't give you a recovery disc anyhow?
  • To save money, many will have a program pop up to make your own.
  • edited December 2010
    What crappy company didn't give you a recovery disc anyhow?
    Emachines.

Edifail: And they wanna charge $20 to send me one. May be easier to ask my uncle to wipe my hard drive.
    Post edited by Jack Draigo on
  • Give reinstalling it yourself a go. It's something all computer nerds learn.
  • The iTunes part is what confused me. Didn't think it needed internet access to pack up your iPod.
  • Jelly bean can help you find your windows key. It's an open source program that a lot of my friends recommended.
  • Jelly beancan help you find your windows key. It's an open source program that a lot of my friends recommended.
    It works very well. That's how we rescued an old XP license that we then used to upgrade to Seven.
  • Fail: Snowmageddon
    Boo-yah: Sent home from work early= Adult Snow Day
  • Fail: Snowmageddon
    Boo-yah: Sent home from work early= Adult Snow Day
    Fail: I still gotta go in. Biggest projected business day since Cyber Monday, probably gonna be worse thanks to Snowmageddon.
  • F: When I think back on myself over this past semester, I can only see myself as a perpetually bored, lonely, emotional wreck who was never able to eat more than one or two regular meals a day due to the world's shittiest class schedule.

B-Y: Four more days.
  • edited December 2010
    What? Why won't this work?
    What crappy company didn't give you a recovery disc anyhow?
    Emachines.
    I don't understand why you can't just stick a Windows disk in and reformat the thing. If you have a legit key, then use it, if you don't, buy one or crack it. Simple as that.

Also, you should Google Norton Removal Tool. It works wonders getting Norton off of a machine without a hassle.
    Post edited by Vhdblood on
  • edited December 2010
    Bought a 4 gig micro-SD card for my new DS flash cart. Got ten of them for $8.
    You best tell us where you got em, boy.
    Amazon.I didn't notice the BULK Packaging when I bought them. 40 gigs for $7.60.
    Stocking stuffers: Ordered.

FAIL: YEAH.... So apparently what you got was a FLUKE, son. Mine came in today and all I got was ONE 4gb micro sd card.

I thought it was a mistake and I called up amazon.

Here's a rough breakdown of the conversation:
    Amazon: Yeah, our database shows that you're only supposed to get one. I don't know how your friend got ten of them, but you're SUPPOSED to get one.
    Me: But when does "Bulk Packaging" ever mean "You get one"?
    Amazon: Yeah, I get what you mean. That's a bit misleading. Tell you what, you keep the sd card and I'm gonna go ahead and put $5 promotional certificate on your amazon account. You wont see it in your account, but it'll show up when you next checkout. Is that cool?
    Me: Yep, fine by me.
    Amazon: Great. Sorry for the trouble.
    Me: That's cool. You made good in the end and that's all that matters to me.
    Booyah: Another online problem settled with minimal effort.

Fail: Now I gotta tell my coworkers not to order it.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • edited December 2010
    Because Windows keys are coded to certain manufacturers and discs. Without the disc from the manufacturer it's pretty much a crap shot as to whether or not it will work.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • After 3 days at sea, I really need a good internet connection to upload shit.

Fail: the only place I can find with wifi in Lisbon is a Starbucks.
    Fail: for some reason the hotspot doesn't work with a OSX.
    Win: I have a windows install on my macbook.
    Fail: I can't remember all my passwords, and working with windows to actually do any work is really annoying after using OSX for so long.
    Win: at least I have my diary on my iPhone.
  • FAIL: YEAH.... So apparently what you got was a FLUKE, son. Mine came in today and all I got was ONE 4gb micro sd card.
    Bummer. No idea what I'm gonna do with mine though. I've already given away half of them and I only need one for my DS. Maybe I'll use them for actual storage until I get a new external.
  • FAIL: YEAH.... So apparently what you got was a FLUKE, son. Mine came in today and all I got was ONE 4gb micro sd card.
    I had a feeling. If you're selling 10 microSD cards, you write that shit all over the Amazon page, and they didn't.
  • Booyah: I passed all four of my Praxis II tests.
    Fail: Proving that I did is a fucking nightmare.
  • A Windows disc will do, assuming the PC has a sticker with the license on it.
    Because Windows keys are coded to certain manufacturers and discs. Without the disc from the manufacturer it's pretty much a crap shot as to whether or not it will work.
    I've got my key thanks to magic jelly bean. I JUST NEED A GODDAMN DISK.
  • Torrent an ISO.
  • Fail: Hungover at work. Back ache. Bleh.
    On the other hand, we had our office christmas party last night, at the Gin Mill. Open bar. The company founders got sloshed and started dancing.

Double booyah: Just a few minutes ago, one of my coworkers came into the office. He was wearing the same suit from last night. Seems our Operations Manager gave him the company card last night, and he went barhopping downtown. I think it's safe to say that this guy won the party.
  • Booyah: Found a torrent of the windows recovery ISO
    Fail: No seeders. t_t
  • FAIL: Half of my department won't be at our Holiday Party.
    Boo-Yah: More food for Wy Guy :D
  • edited December 2010
    FAIL: Half of my department won't be at our Holiday Party.
    Boo-Yah: More liquor for Wy Guy :D
    FTFY
    Post edited by GreatTeacherMacRoss on
  • FAIL: Half of my department won't be at our Holiday Party.
    Boo-Yah: Moreliquor homemade Chinese food for Wy Guy :D
    FTFY
    I wish! We do it as a long lunch break instead of going out. No booze, but the food is really good.
  • I wish! We do it as a long lunch break instead of going out. No booze, but the food is really good.
    No martinis? They're a lunchtime tradition!
  • No martinis? They're a lunchtime tradition!
    Those went out of style a long time ago dude.
  • Fail: After messing with my photo portfolio over the years, I thought I had lost my originals. The pictures in my library are all web-optimised shitty-resolution jpegs.
    Boo yah: I found a backup of the originals sitting on my old server. Now I have a swanky photo portfolio again!