This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of your Boo-Yah (and vica-versa)

Comments

• Those went out of style a long time ago dude.
    That's because pussies started using vodka instead of gin.
  • That's because pussies started using vodka instead of gin.
    Truer words have never been spoken!
  • I have, in an entirely unplanned manner, entered into the top 100 for beat hazard leaderboards in terms of survival score and survival time.

My brain is now mush.
  • Boo-Yah: Dinner last night consisted of pate on olive crostini, stuffed olives, and brie* baked in puff pastry topped with walnuts and raspberry jam.
    Fail: I had a cholesterol test this morning. :/

*It wasn't brie, but some other fucking cheese that I mistook for brie. Regardless, it was fucking delicious.
  • Fail: I had a cholesterol test this morning. :/
    Lets get the betting started.
  • No martinis? They're a lunchtime tradition!
    Those went out of style a long time ago dude.
    Damn. I've been watching too much Mad Men
  • Fail: I've been diagnosed with rapid cycling Cyclothymia.
    Boo-Yah: I've already made improvements via therapy and having a diagnosis helps hone my treatment and recovery.
  • Fail: I lost my makeup bag with all my really nice Bare Essentials makeup.
    Boo-Yah: My makeup needed replacing anyways as well as the brushes so it was a good incentive to buy a new kit.
    Fail: $88 later...
    Fail: I lost a really nice black pleather makeup bag.
    Boo-Yah: I bought a decent replacement and the Bare Essentials powdery things have better dispenser and brand new makeup brushes.
  • Boo-yah: Nothing on the board.
    Fail: NOTHING. ON. THE BOARD.
  • edited December 2010
    Fail: I lost my makeup bag with all my really nice Bare Essentials makeup.
    Boo-Yah: My makeup needed replacing anyways as well as the brushes so it was a good incentive to buy a new kit.
    Fail: $88 later...
    Fail: I lost a really nice black pleather makeup bag.
    Boo-Yah: I bought a decent replacement and the Bare Essentials powdery things have better dispenser and brand new makeup brushes.
    Boo-Yah: Found my makeup bag under my desk at work.
    Fail: I realized the replacement makeup I bought was the wrong kind.

Boo-Yah: My boss made Christmas confections over the weekend and brought them into work.
    Fail: It's too early to eat them.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Boo-Yah: Minecraft beta release.
    Fail: Is broken as all fuck.
  • Boo-yah: 103 piece order GET!
    Fail: Hernia...
  • Boo-yah: Caught up on orders before lunch
    Fail: Probably six hours of boredom now.
  • Fail: 1/8th of my mechanics final was problems I hadn't studied for and didn't know how to solve.

Boo-yah: I'll probably be curved up to an A anyway, and only one final left.
  • Fail: Isolating STEC's from a mixed culture of various non-pathogenic E. coli and other organisms is a giant bitch.

Boo-Yah: So far, things are looking "promising," and by that I mean that it looks like I'll be able to pull this bugger out.
  • Booyah: Computer works after a wipe
    Fail: Steam's server seems to be down :/
  • edited December 2010
    Booyah: I bought two big boxes of assorted Legos for 130€.
    Fail: I'm not quite sure what to do with them at the moment.
    Well, at worst I have a kick-ass gift for my sisters twins in a couple of years. They're 14 months old right now.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • Boo-Yah: Successful install of IDE HD from my old PC into my new PC. Windows 7 handled it like a champ.
    Fail: For some reason, the past few days my keyboard has been acting all kinds of weird, ignoring input, dropping keystrokes, or having keys 'stick' software-wise. Tried new batteries and reconnecting to the wireless doodad, but it didn't help. The mouse on the same wireless doodad works perfectly. Can't figure out what the problem is.
  • Have you got any new devices that might be causing interference? If it's 2.4GHz then there's a bunch of different things that could be interfering.
  • Fail: I had a "Gin & Tonic", a "Rusty Nail", and a"Three Wise men"
    Boo-Yah: I don't have a hangover :D
    It took me a minute to figure out why this is a Fail, and then I realized: you drank things that aren't gin. Lesson learned.
    It took me a minute to figure out why this is a Fail, and then I realized: you drank things thataren'tgin. Lesson learned.
    Pfft. Gin? Whose idea was it to ferment that shit. Next you'll want me to drink fermented yeast or some shit.
  • Fail: Isolating STEC's from a mixed culture of various non-pathogenicE. coliand other organisms is a giant bitch.

Boo-Yah: So far, things are looking "promising," and by that I mean that it looks like I'll be able to pull this bugger out.
    Oy, I shouldn't have cursed it. 49 colonies tested, not a one is pathogenic.

Can't win 'em all.
  • Boo-Yah: Reel Big Fish vs The Aquabats in Orlando!
    Fail: It's at the Hard Rock which means 1) Paid parking since it's in Universal and 2) it's at a TERRIBLE venue (who says no skanking at a ska show, really).
  • (who says no skanking at a ska show, really).
    Say whaaa? You should email or tweet at RBF or something, they probably wouldn't be doing the show there if they knew. They're usually pretty responsive to social networking posts and stuff. Might as well try.
  • skanking
    Hey, I learned a new word today!
    No fail this time.
  • edited December 2010
    They've been there three times since I've been living in Orlando. No idea why when the House of Blues is vastly superior in every way (best bathrooms I've ever been in too). I've only been once because of their no circle pit policies. No moshing I could understand, but the yellow shirts weren't having anything. And they know, they told security to let up, but nothing changed.

EDIT:
    skanking
    Hey, I learned a new word today!
    No fail this time.
    Ska kids are really creative that way.
    Post edited by Ruffas on
  • No idea why when the House of Blues is vastly superior in every way (best bathrooms I've ever been in too).
    Yeah. The one time I've ever been to a show at a HoB where there was a "no moshing" policy, a guy walked on stage and read the policy sarcastically into the microphone while everyone booed.
  • I've only been once because of their no circle pit policies.
    When I went to see Mastodon and Deathklok at the House of Blues in Myrtle Beach, they had the no noshing rule, but it wasn't enforced in the slightest.
  • When I went to see Mastodon and Deathklok at the House of Blues in Myrtle Beach, they had the no noshing rule, but it wasn't enforced in the slightest.
    Pretty much every venue has a warning against "extreme activities" that they don't enforce universally. Instead, they enforce it selectively and apply it judiciously when That Guy starts causing problems.