This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of your Boo-Yah (and vica-versa)

Comments

• I would like to go to the University of Texas at Austin.
    BUT, I feel like I really need a transition period, as that's been a very big problem since a lack of transition from Elementary to Middle School has been shooting me in the foot since then up until this semester (2nd Semester, Junior year). What I intend to do is go to Austin Community College for two years and go to UT after that. The hours transfer with ease and UT pretty much accepts anyone who does well there, and it's what a lot of kids, even from my old Liberal Arts and Science Academy do because a) it's cheap, and b) it's a good transition.
    This is a perfectly viable plan, just make sure you follow through with it. Dozens of people from my high school started out like this and three years later still haven't got their AAs. That said, the ones that have followed through have been quite successful at uni.
  • Booh-yah: Obama is speaking here at my University right now
    Fail: Its invite-only and I didn't get one
    Boo-yah: its on tv/internet
    Fail: Not the same as being there
  • There's going to be a remake of Highlander. It'll be written by the same woman who wrote the Twilight movies.

So...yeah.
  • It'll be written by the same woman who wrote theTwilightmovies.
    I would note that I'm pretty sure the Twilight movies are better written then the books :-p so who knows ^_^
  • There's going to be a remake ofHighlander. It'll be written by the same woman who wrote theTwilightmovies.
    You sir have made my day with one sentence and the ruined it with the next. Bravo.
  • I vote they make a remake of twilight written by the writers of Highlander :P
  • There's going to be a remake ofHighlander. It'll be written by the same woman who wrote theTwilightmovies.
    I think it's harsh to judge her on something she clearly did just to pay the bills.
  • I think it's harsh to judge her on something she clearly did just to pay the bills.
    O RLY?
    Wth her Twilight connection, Rosenberg may seem an odd choice for writing the action remake. But as the sole writer on Summit’s vampire pentalogy, she has proved adept at handling both character and action, as well as yearning, a key component of Highlander as protagonist Connor MacLeod watches his true love age while he does not.
    You got emo in my swordfighting. :(
  • She's a screen writer who was given crap source material. When she fucks up something good like highlander, then we lynch her.
  • You got emo in my swordfighting. :(
    Ummm... there was a reason Highlander had a much bigger female audience then you would expect.
  • You got emo in my swordfighting. :(
    Ummm... there was a reason Highlander had a much bigger female audience then you would expect.
    Oh yeah?!?! What about this?

And lets now forget these two:
  • something good like highlander
    Listen, I hate to break this to you, but Highlander is shit. It's enjoyable shit, but it's still shit.
  • Hay guise,

What did Heather say when she found out Connor was cheating on her?

There can only be one.
  • I would note that I'm pretty sure the Twilight movies are better written then the books :-p so who knows ^_^
    Better written THAN the books. THAN! The word is THAN!!!!!!!!

You don't get to make fun of someone else's writing if you never manage to write THAN instead of THEN when you mean THAN! Scott, you should seriously delete the words then and than from your spell check. Each time you write either one it'll show you, and the squiggly red line will make you think about which one you really mean to use. Either that or I need to write a greasemonkey script that goes through all your posts and changes them for me.
  • Either that or I need to write a greasemonkey script that goes through all your posts and changes them for me.
    But then you'd also remove the proper uses of the word "than."
  • You don't get to make fun of someone else's writing
    That's contingent on Stephanie Meyer's textual ejactulate actually qualifying as "writing."
  • Either that or I need to write a greasemonkey script that goes through all your posts and changes them for me.
    But then you'd also remove the proper uses of the word "than."
    I think if it just changed every use of "then" to "than" in Scott's posts, his perceived hit rate would go through the roof.

Sorry if the above post is a bit harsh. I'd blame it on not being entirely sober, but there's really no excuse for this kind of attack.
    That's contingent on Stephanie Meyer's textual ejactulate actually qualifying as "writing."
    I would suggest that the books are so badly written - without even getting into Meyer's problem of confusing "Purple prose" for "Good writing" and then turning it up to eleven - that even the illiterate can make fun of them.
  • I bet it's not going to be a remake, but rather an adaptation of one of the Highlander romance novels:

Seriously, there are a lot of these. The covers are most lawlzy.
    I would suggest that the books are so badly written - without even getting into Meyer's problem of confusing "Purple prose" for "Good writing" and then turning it up to eleven - that even the illiterate can make fun of them.
    But getting "then" and "than" mixed up is detrimental to showing just how bad something is:

This book is shittier then shit. = The book starts more shitty, then becomes less shitty over time.

This book is shittier than shit. = The book is poop even compared to poop.

That one letter can make a big difference, people*!

* people = Scott Johnson.
  • edited February 2011
    Wow, so maybe when I type comments fast I use words that sound the same, if you've ever noticed my posts I tend to do that with many other words. I substitute words all the time by accident. Do you really think I don't know the different between then and than.. It's odd that its the same thing my father does when he writes. (just a note I typed right first instead of write). I edit them when I see them but sometimes I don't catch them especially when I'm at work posting.
    If it bugs you private message me and I'll fix a post. Sometimes I don't notice especially when it's a single letter changes.
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • Fail: After 22 years of being there, the fair is going away. Mickey's Toontown Fair is closing at the Magic Kingdom.
    Booh-Yah: The area is being re-appropriated as the Storybook Circus, which is going to be part of the New Fantasyland.
  • Toontown still exists at Disneyland.
  • Toontown still exists at Disneyland.
    I know, and it is a much better version, but I have much more fond memories tied to Toontown Fair, as I never went to Disneyland until I was 14.
  • Fail: My lease is all like, "NO SMOKING, even good smelling tobacco pipes."
    Boo-yah: Sandalwood incense and fans. My face:

• Boo yah: Got an interview with a super-rich client. I could potentially be making six figures!
    Fail: kind of hungover.
  • Fail: It is -20C outside.
    Boo Yah: Hot chocolate and fresh cinnamon buns for breakfast, and having run all the weekends errands yesterday when it was only -10.
  • RymRym
    edited February 2011
    Fail: My lease is all like, "NO SMOKING, even good smelling tobacco pipes."
    New York is getting more and more like that in many neighborhoods. It doesn't even have anything to do with regulations or bans: tenants are demanding smoke-free buildings, and co-ops are starting to just outright ban it. Public apartments still allow it, but the private ones increasingly don't.

People in my building (not actually including me yet, surprisingly) have recently petitioned to ban smoking in the rooftop garden. I'll wager the landlord will comply.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • edited February 2011
    Boo-Yah: I just installed Wordpress on my local Ubuntu server and now have a local blog that anyone can post to.

Fail: The "five minute install" took me several hours. Problems ranged from following outdated guides to my accidentally creating a "worpress" user in MySql instead of "wordpress" (that one took me at least an hour and a half to figure out).

Boo-Yah: My skills, they have improved. I'm faster with the command line now too.
    Post edited by Snickety-Snake on
  • Boo-yah: Got my job back
    Fail: Might not have any way to get to it on Wednesday.