This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Fail of your Boo-Yah (and vica-versa)

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Like Mahar's tiny.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • Like Mahar's tiny.
    Mahar's handles more than 20. You can fit like 40 people in there.
  • Mahar's handles more than 20. You can fit like 40 people in there.
    Mahar's is fullish at 20, it's packed at 40.
  • Fail; student finance England is determined to make me have debt despite me working my arse off at a part time job so I have no loans. They then decide to fluff up all my grant applications totally crippling financially. I now have to take a £2000 loan so I can stay in uni.

Boo-yah; my grant sill comes through leaving me with nearly £2200 to spend on what I want.

The only difficult choice I now face is whether to marathon GIST stand alone, or my little pony.
  • The only difficult choice I now face is whether to marathon GIST stand alone, or my little pony.
    The obvious answer is yes.
  • The only difficult choice I now face is whether to marathon GIST stand alone, or my little pony.
    I actually wish I could get GIT:SAC to have the same level of intense fandom in this forum that MLP:FIM has. The immediacy of the fact that everyone is watching the latter at the sameish time has lent it a preternatural momentum.
  • edited March 2011
    The only difficult choice I now face is whether to marathon GIST stand alone, or my little pony.
    I actually wish I could get GIT:SAC to have the same level of intense fandom in this forum that MLP:FIM has. The immediacy of the fact that everyone is watching the latter at the sameish time has lent it a preternatural momentum.
    Indeed. For that reason I'd suggest watching MLP.
    GIT:SAC is a class above, and it's perhaps my favourite animated series, but you can watch that any time and still get the same benefit out of it. Not so with MLP.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • I think I shall go with MLP, all the cool kids are.

I tried to get my anime club into GIT:SAC, did not go so well. MLP might have a bit more luck.
  • I tried to get my anime club into GIT:SAC, did not go so well.
    What the fuck? It's one of the best shows ever made. What didn't they like about it? What do they prefer over it?
  • If I tell you Rym please don't explode. The key quotes were 'I don't like to watch smart anime' and 'I just want to watch anime not think, that's why I watch Bleach'. These are people that didn't like the Girl who Lept Through Time, Cowboy Bebop (its to slow getting started apparently) and think that all mecha shows started with Code Gease.

I am hopefully becoming head of the the society next year. There will be change.
  • That's pretty typical to expect from general anime goers. Typical people don't know any better. :P
  • The bar from last night:
    Tiny!
  • @ RO mmm I just wish that they were wiling to learn and see how much awesome is out there. Its like they are jabbing themselves in the eye.

@Churba That is a woman's drink m'lord!
  • @ RO mmm I just wish that they were wiling to learn and see how much awesome is out there. Its like they are jabbing themselves in the eye.
    I understand. I have the same frustrations when I try to urge good anime on my boyfriend, but "he's never in the mood for anime".

But everytime I make him watch something good when he's not in the mood, he realizes that he was wrong but never admits it.

The fact they couldn't get into Cowboy Bebop is pretty sad. I was in the same boat as well. I watched it just because it was recommended, but it was until "Ballad of The Fallen Angels" that I realized that this was something different. A very good different.

I say make them watch it. If they complain, oh well. I'm sure a few will realize that Cowboy Bebop is wonderful. Or try Summer Wars. That's good stuff right there.
  • @Churba That is a woman's drink m'lord!
    I...what? What are you talking about?
  • Is it a strawberry daiquiri? Guys can drink daiquiris. Wine coolers are what's classically consider as bitch drinks.
  • @Churba That is a woman's drink m'lord!
    I...what? What are you talking about?
    Maybe the photo above his post, of the tiny bar. Not sure why he thought it was your drink though. It's just the photo I found on a website showing the inside of the bar.
  • I think he was just teasing Churba.
  • I think he was just teasing Churba.
    I think he was mistaking Luke for Churba...
  • That was a total fail at my end, now feeling a bit cocky :S sorry all.

Thats my plan. Im intending to change to the format of how the club watches anime so that they have to watch a new show every week.
  • Thats my plan. Im intending to change to the format of how the club watches anime so that they have to watch a new show every week.
    The best way is to show two shows each week. One episode of the "main" show that continues, and one episode of something different. So, Bleach 1, One Piece 1. Then, Bleach 2, GITS:SAC 1. Then, Bleach 3, Cowboy Bebop 1. Etc...
    It's alright. I've been confused with worse people.
  • That and I though that you would get the Black Adder reference. That and the glass looks tinny.

The way the format it at the moment is that we have five shows. Watching an episode from each one each week. I was planning on cutting it down to three to four shows, that the group watches weekly. Inter spliced with that would be a couple of episodes from a new show every week.
    I've not.
  • edited March 2011
    That was a total fail at my end, now feeling a bit cocky :S sorry all.
    I've not.
    It's a fair cop. Edited, because it wasn't as funny as it was when I first thought of it.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Fail: I got a thorn stuck in my rear tire. I didn’t have a spare tube, had to trek it home two miles.
    Minor boo-yah: found out the derailleur is not so scary after all.
  • edited March 2011
    I finally got somewhere with installing Windows 7 SP1. I was repeatedly getting error code 80073701 and tried several things (short of a full Windows reinstall) with no success, until I found this article.

I was getting an error message containing "Microsoft-Windows-IE-Troubleshooters-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~fr-FR~6.1.7600.16385.Microsoft-Windows-IE-Troubleshooters-Update"
    so apparently Windows wanted the French language pack, even though I have never used French for anything at all.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Booh-Yah?: Bulbapedia has been getting so much traffic due to the new Pokemon games that it keeps going down.
    Fail: It keeps going down when I'm looking something up.
  • Boo-Yah!: My pippeting does not suck :D
    Fail: It looks like our NA assay needs to be revised
    Boo-Yah!: I might have to revise it :D
    Fail: Wait, I might have to revise it? :O