This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• Well, they're also about how poor game design encourages the players to be assholes.
  • Not poor game design, game design that is replicating aspects of the original MOBA's that was, essentially, a bug.
  • edited January 2013
    Achievement of the day: got called anti-Semitic in an Internet argument about Israel, wherein I argued that terrorist actions by Palestinians do not excuse or justify Israel's systematic human rights abuses against them.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • edited January 2013
    Congratulations on your Chuck Hagel award.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • Someone should write some *NIX code that's just an incredible efficient, virulent, and dynamic metamorphic worm, throw that on a USB thumb drive marked "Time Capsule 2013--Check in 2050," and then abandon it in a university library.

Just for funsies. Maybe pack that ish up with some code that buries 2100 A.D. logic bombs in backbone servers.
  • You ever get the feeling its useless talking to family because they won't stop talking about politics and how Obama's going to ruin the country? Ugh.
  • Achievement of the day: got called anti-Semitic in an Internet argument about Israel, wherein I argued that terrorist actions by Palestinians do not excuse or justify Israel's systematic human rights abuses against them.
    Please please please tell me you aren't arguing with Josh Freedman.

• My family members are all leftist and progressive. ^________________^
  • edited January 2013
    Achievement of the day: got called anti-Semitic in an Internet argument about Israel, wherein I argued that terrorist actions by Palestinians do not excuse or justify Israel's systematic human rights abuses against them.
    ...Oops. Well, I was expecting the argument to get dumb, although I didn't expect to get called anti-Semitic at the end.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • Achievement of the day: got called anti-Semitic in an Internet argument about Israel, wherein I argued that terrorist actions by Palestinians do not excuse or justify Israel's systematic human rights abuses against them.
    ...Oops. Well, I was expecting the argument to get dumb, although I didn't expect to get called anti-Semitic at the end.
    Justin, it was Josh Freedman, of course he was going to call you Anti-Semitic. I could probably argue with him, get called an Anti-Semite, AND THEN I'd tell him my Dad was Jewish.

Justin, it was Josh Freedman, of course he was going to call you Anti-Semitic. I could probably argue with him, get called an Anti-Semite, AND THEN I'd tell him my Dad was Jewish.
    And then he'd probably ask you how could you betray your heritage by being such an anti-Semite. :P
    And then he'd probably ask you how could you betray your heritage by being such an anti-Semite. :P
    Yep. Only a true Jew would wish for the unadulterated mistreatment of anyone who didn't think the Jews were the only people who should be living in Israel. XP

• edited January 2013
    You ever get the feeling its useless talking to family because they won't stop talking about politics and how Obama's going to ruin the country? Ugh.
    I imagine it's like the feeling you get when your aunt and uncle have your cousin's asian wife sitting between them, while making incredibly racist remarks about asians, while you and your cousin's wife just stare at each other incredulously.

It got better, though - they decided, along with my mother, to disgorge all their collected knowlege about airlines for my sister, who was about to travel. Cuzwife and I were just playing silly games back and forth with each other, because y'all know about me, and she's ex-Singair, so it was just subtle jokes for each others benefit on our part, practically playing chicken to see who would burst out laughing first. With the added difficulty that EVERYTHING they were saying was hilariously wrong.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Ah, newspaper headlines, never stop being funny.

• Oh, Townsville. Man, that's a weird city. Nice, though.
  • Basedgod of anime, good for a laugh.

• So I'm looking around at how people are making buffalo wings so that I may make some in the near future. Looked at a few recipes then I went and watched a YouTube video of this girl from Huston making them. Everything seems fine then I start drifting towards the comments and everyone is making note that she doesn't wash the chicken first.

I've never heard of people washing store bought meat in a package and thought it sounded absurd. Apparently a lot of people do this. I wound up on the USDA FAQ page and they say absolutely do not wash raw meat (cross-contamination). So why the fuck does it seem to be a common practice? Aren't you decontaminating meat when you cook it anyway? Am I going insane?
  • Do NOT wash raw meat. The impact of water from the faucet against the meat actually aerosolizes most of the bacteria on the surface of the meat and spreads them all over your kitchen.

You're not going insane; people are just fucking dumb.
  • edited January 2013
    Wow... I just washed a bunch raw chicken yesterday at work to get the blood out. Uh... oops?

See, this is why I want out of that fucking kitchen.
    Post edited by open_sketchbook on
  • edited January 2013
    THE BLOOD COOKS. WE MAKE SAUSAGES OUT OF BLOOD. BLOOD IS TISSUE JUST LIKE MUSCLE.

WHAT THE FUCK, HUMANITY??

[Edit: Not mad at you, Sketch. You were just following orders. I'm disgruntled about the general state of bio education worldwide.]
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
    You know I always wondered what the heating and cooling bills must be like since the girls cut out those three huge holes in their bedroom so they could fly in and out. As far as I know there's never been any glass in those "windows."
    You know I always wondered what the heating and cooling bills must be like since the girls cut out those three huge holes in their bedroom so they could fly in and out. As far as I know there's never been any glass in those "windows."
    The Professor probably designed some sort of forcefield to keep the warm air in the house to save on his bills.
  • This week is burrito week. I have been reading up, mentally preparing myself. I hope I am ready.
  • This week is burrito week. I have been reading up, mentally preparing myself. I hope I am ready.
    You were born ready, son. The Burrito Spirit thrives within you.

• Baconnaise actually isn't bad.
  • I like Traps.
    You were born ready, son. The Burrito Spirit thrives within you.

I do not know. I meditated for a long time on the matter and still need to search more. I pray that I find the answer soon.

• I never knew that primary school was an uncommon term in the US, or meant the same thing as elementary school. In the area I grew up they called kindergarten through second grade primary school and third through fifth grade elementary school.