This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• I looked up a few days at Disneyland Paris for mine and Juliane's summer trip in France. We decided to go waaaaay later in the season rather than in the middle of summer and save hundreds and hundreds of euro, even if we have to pay for flights to get there from Berlin instead of doing it as part of a bigger driving trip.
  • Are you working in an office run by the DoD?
    Not even close. My home connection in Canada.
  • Local stoners playing 3am basketball woke me up, but they were perfectly willing to wrap up their game at a simple request.
  • Christ, how have I never listened to Pink Floyd's The Wall before? I'm getting chills like I never have from this.
  • I looked up a few days at Disneyland Paris for mine and Juliane's summer trip in France. We decided to go waaaaay later in the season rather than in the middle of summer and save hundreds and hundreds of euro, even if we have to pay for flights to get there from Berlin instead of doing it as part of a bigger driving trip.
    I'd prefer to drive and save about $1500 but my wife is dead set against driving. I did manage to get the cost down from $10K to around $7.2K by picking a slightly different set of travel dates and settling for a different, but equal quality resort.

This is all hypothetical right now, though, because the actual trip will be a year from October, which isn't available for booking/pricing yet.
  • edited April 2013
    The price of Disney World vacation packages has more than doubled since 2008. I cannot freaking BELIEVE how much more expensive it is to vacation there now than it was the last time we went. From $5100 for an all-expense paid 10 days at a good resort in May 2008 to nearly $10,000 for the same trip now. Holy crap.
    My husband and I always said we wanted to go to Epcot, but not at that price, holy geez. You can take that money and go on a trip that is less crowded and more fun, and still have enough left over to do the same trip again. We want to spend a week in Vancouver sometime at the same hotel we stayed at when we arrived there for our cruise. It's a freaking awesome city. From what I've found, we could do that trip twice and still have enough left over to go shopping at Best Buy.
    I don't get how Disney feels like it can get away with those prices when the world's economy is still pretty much shit.

Post edited by Aiyakiu on
  • For that price, you can go to a real small European town instead. ;^)
  • Juliane and I went on a five week trip around Africa last year, and all in ( food, accommodation, travel, adventure stuff) cost us 7000 euro. Two days at Disneyland Paris would have cost us about 1200. Not including travel. So.... we'll do it off season!
  • So tempted to watch the new Strip Search sans Jeremy. Seeing all the Twitter and forum activity is so tempting.
  • So tempted to watch the new Strip Search sans Jeremy. Seeing all the Twitter and forum activity is so tempting.
    Just watch it.
  • I probably will after I finish making these fancy spreadsheets of our Netrunner decklists for our competition today.

Jeremy will get over it.

Also, we're going to the EMP Museum tomorrow to check out the The Art of Video Games Exhibit. I'm excited.
  • Why do you need fancy spreadsheets? Everyone I know uses the exports from http://www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/netrunner/android-netrunner-deck-builder
  • Yeah. I don't have access to that right now.
    Do iiiiiitttt. Watch the showwww. Fall into the temptation.

• I could right now. But um waiting for a Netrunner tournament to start. Aldiss I'm watching Jeremy will walk in and catch me. I can wait.
  • I try to be a generally nice guy and not kill the crazies in panchaea, but the game makes it very hard when they give me machine gun ammo.
  • I'm trying to figure out glitch art, and I'm practicing on my friends.

• I love that last one.
  • ... I miss Nineless.
  • 9/11 was an inside job. Not that 9/11, the other 9/11.
  • GeoGeo
    edited April 2013
    ... I miss Nineless.
    He went somewhere?
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Well shit. I hope not too many people were injured or killed in this, and I wish the best for the people who were there.
  • edited April 2013
    I'm on full data retention mode. Trying to save all the Vines of the explosion. There's apparently only one.
    This one's better:
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • I wonder what caused it? Of course this isn't helped by watching/reading about a load of post-nuclear holocaust films.
  • BPD says only two were killed, so I think we got out okay, though AP is reporting that two more explosives have been found near by and are in the midst of being dismantled, so we can only pray about the outcome of those.
  • Terrorist activity in the US, well shit.
  • Terrorist activity in the US, well shit.
    5 bucks says it was Americans who did it.