This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Random Comments

Comments

• Little high, little low.
  • Anywhere the wind goes doesn't really matter to me...

To me...
  • Mama just killed a man. Put a gun against his head, pulled my trigger, now he's dead.
  • Mama, life has just begun, But now I've gone and thrown it all away...
  • edited February 2011
    Mama, OooOooooh~

(Anyway the wind blows...)
    Post edited by Nukerjsr on
  • Didn't mean to make you cry
    If I'm not back again this time tomorrow
  • Carry on, carry on,
    'cause nothing really matters.

[Synth bells.]
  • Too late, my time has come. Send shivers down my spine, but it's aching all the time.
  • Goodbye, everybody
    I've got to go
    Gotta leave you all behind and face the truth
  • Never gonna let you down and desert you
  • C-C-C-Combo Breaker!
  • What the hell is that from?
  • What the hell is that from?
    Chromarte.
  • edited February 2011
    What the hell is that from?
    Chromartie High School. It's a about a high school for delinquents in Japan. Freddie Mercury attends, never says a word, and rides to class on a gigantic black horse.

[ninja'd by one minute. That's kind of sad.]
    Post edited by Walker on
  • A modern day warrior
    Mean mean stride,
    Today's Tom Sawyer
    Mean mean pride.
  • Last weekend, when the guest bathroom's toilet started making a funny sound, Lisa threw a fit and said we'd have to replace the pump. I told her it was just a pressure issue and I'd get to it in a few days. This week, she threw a temper tantrum and went out to buy a new kit to replace the mechanical innards of the toilet. I reminded her that this was not necessary, that the problem was not caused by the parts she believed. Today, I fixed the toilet in five minutes. It was a pressure issue that was trivially solved.

Now I am the badguy for fixing the toilet, all because it was not the problem Lisa wanted it to be.

In an almost identical story, I just fixed the vacuum cleaner. The drive belt had slipped and needed worked back onto its rotor. Lisa insisted, utterly and violently, that a new belt was necessary. It took me five minutes to hook up the old belt today.

Now I am the badguy for fixing the vacuum cleaner, all because it was not the problem Lisa wanted it to be.

In related news, she is starting to swell and feeling fairly constant waves of nausea. Her moods are swinging wildly, strange pickle-and-cheese cravings have set in, and constipation has taken hold. Isn't pregnancy fun? Lisa goes Wednesday for her first checkup to find whether we have a viable fetus, which is a real concern given her diagnosis with polycystic ovarian syndrome.
  • edited February 2011
    I slept for sixteen hours, and I am still tired. WTF?
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • she threw a temper tantrum
    Is this just being pregnant hormones or does she do this normally? Does she roll around on the floor and cry like a little kid? People get cranky, but a tantrum is a whole level above and beyond.

Man, as long as the appliances work, it should be fine, right? Sheesh.
  • edited February 2011
    I slept for sixteen hours, and I am still tired. WTF?
    26 hours in two days. You know those days when you feel like you've wasted a whole day doing nothing, that's pretty much weekends for me.

Was going to rant but I can't be bothered.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I slept for sixteen hours, and I am still tired. WTF?
    26 hours in two days. You know those days when you feel like you've wasted a whole day doing nothing, that's pretty much weekends for me.
    Yeah, I don't normally sleep like that, though. I'm not sick; I just feel tired.
  • I slept for sixteen hours, and I am still tired. WTF?
    Yeah, I don't normally sleep like that, though. I'm not sick; I just feel tired.
    I've been like that too since Friday. I've napped most of Saturday and I've already taken a nap earlier this morning.
  • Finished John Hodgman's first book. That was a shitload of hobo names.
  • Is this just being pregnant hormones or does she do this normally? Does she roll around on the floor and cry like a little kid? People get cranky, but a tantrum is a whole level above and beyond.
    Lisa's always been very... demanding... about getting her way. But her recent fits can be chalked up to hormones. There was one time last week that she started crying and didn't know why. This week, moods are coming and going as quickly as sudden hot flashes or a desire for cherry cordial ice cream and peanut butter -- that is to say, I don't know what to expect in any given 10-minute period.

Thankfully, she is sleeping like a cat.
  • I've been like that too since Friday. I've napped most of Saturday and I've already taken a nap earlier this morning.
  • This is a Disney Cruise, there will be no sexy rumpus.
    There is never a bad time for a sexy rumpus.
    You should hear the audiobook version. Jonathan Coulton plays guitar in the background while Hodgeman reads them all. It takes about 45 minutes, iirc.
    You should hear the audiobook version. Jonathan Coulton plays guitar in the background while Hodgeman reads them all. It takes about 45 minutes, iirc.
    Awwwwyeaaaaaaaahhh.jpg
  • He doesn't JUST play guitar. He plays "Old Rock Candy Mountain".